Just like after Delaware I threw myself back into meal plan and exercise and the numbers went down as low as 133, but by the time I left for Las Vegas I was at 135.4. I had a fabulous time in Vegas with girl friends drinking and eating things like Club sandwiches, fries, chicken fingers and nachos. We did bottle service at a nightclub, and rented a cabana at the pool. I'm really weird in that I feel slimmer in some mirrors than others and it also depends on the day. I felt fat in the hotel mirrors on Friday and then we went to the pool on Saturday and I felt gross and fat until I saw myself in the mirrors at the pool bathroom. Then, I felt all slim and trim. The pool servers are all female and they work in a tiny red scrunch butt bikini. Some had fitter bodies than others but they were all relatively slim. There were a few skinny fat servers, but only one who looked truly toned and fit, and I could count on my hand the number of other pool partiers who had abs. I notice things like this. I can't help it. Some of my friends said, "Wow, I can see your abs," and I was like damn right because I worked hard for those suckers. My parents live there, so I spent a night with them. I looked slim in their mirrors, but now that I'm back home I feel big again because of mine. See, I'm crazy!!! Anyway, on the last day they took me out to lunch and we ordered burgers and fries, except my dad who ordered a Caesar Salad. I had already told my self not to worry about weight gain. It crossed my mind for a few seconds, but in general I finally didn't stress myself out over it and I'm glad. I weighed in at 134.5 when I came back.
I actually lost a pound on vacation. So instead of rushing back into hard core HIIT training like I normally do I decided to give myself a workout break. I've been noticing a pattern of weight loss after a vacation and then the numbers creeping up a bit. It could just be inflammation from muscle tears that come when you work out hard and build muscle. I'm not sure, but I decided to handle it differently this time, and even with no exercise my weight has dropped down to 133 just like it did after my other two trips. I had an active rest week at the end of May, but other than that I've been going hard since January. I need a break, so this week is a total rest week. I'm tired. Rushing home from work, working out, showering, eating dinner, prepping snacks for the next day, then rushing to get to bed at a decent hour is a grind. Also, my husband is still supposed to be leaving and could be out of the country any day or any week now. I just want to spend some time with him without rushing from one thing to the next, plus I've had some weekends away. He was supposed to be gone a long time ago, but the date is forever pushed back. My motivation over the last few weeks has been really low too, and next week marks the beginning of a new month so ideally I can come back refreshed. Working out is supposed to give you energy, but I've been much less tired this week than I have in a long time. Las Vegas was my first big exercise push, and the next one comes in October when I'll be heading off to Hawaii. I have two months to see if I can lean out and/or drop any additional weight. BBG Leg and total body workouts are my favorite, but they are super hard on my body most specifically my old knees, so I'm buying another PDF style program that I can mix in where I can work lower body without nearly dying every time.
Anyway, it feels damn good to be a normal person who doesn't gain weight at the drop of a hat. It took soooooo long to get to this point. I got my older sister counting macros and even though my husband won't admit it has anything at all to do with me, he's also counting macros now too. I must be doing something right.
Your struggles with your metabolism and also your parent's reaction to loss are SO hitting home rn. I crashed my metabolism a bit a few years ago, and losing weight is harder now that I'm older too. It is difficult not to cycle and lose weight the "right way"
ReplyDelete