Here are the numbers for the last three weeks documenting my failure. Anybody else probably would have lost at least 5 lbs with this intake and exercise but not me. I've gained. I started out at 123lbs the day after vacation on 06/12/13 and almost exactly 4 weeks later I am 122.8lbs. I stuck to about 1k or less with no slip ups and there are only 4 days out of the last three weeks that I did not exercise. All that and I have nothing to show for it. Despite my best efforts I have made no progress whatsoever. I sound defeated because I am. Totally and utterly.
Thank you Din Mamma for the
TDEE/IIFYM calculator link. It's actually pretty cool the way it breaks things down. I did their Total Daily Energy Expenditure calculator in every way possible and the lowest calorie count I came up with that it recommends is 1,666 calories per day and then for "reckless" fat loss it's 1,333 calories per day. The thing is that I am pretty sure I'd gain about 50 lbs if I ate that much. I feel like those calculators may be accurate for other people but not for me. Maybe it's because my metabolism is destroyed. I'm scared to find out what would happen if I ate that much because I may not be capable of losing weight but I know for sure that my body is ready and willing to gain it overnight. Literally.
I'm basically screwed and I'm just really trying not to let it get me down too much. Thank you all for your kind and thoughtful words of encouragement.
Weekly Summary for Week of Mon, Jun 17th
| Daily Summary |
|
Budget |
Food |
Exercise |
Net |
+/- |
Weight (lbs) |
| 6/17/13 |
990 |
897 |
190 |
707 |
-283 |
120 |
| 6/18/13 |
996 |
998 |
140 |
858 |
-138 |
120.8 |
| 6/19/13 |
1,005 |
812 |
180 |
632 |
-372 |
122.2 |
| 6/20/13 |
1,005 |
1,019 |
0 |
1,019 |
14 |
122.2 |
| 6/21/13 |
996 |
1,047 |
180 |
867 |
-128 |
120.8 |
| 6/22/13 |
1,002 |
1,041 |
180 |
861 |
-141 |
121.8 |
| 6/23/13 |
998 |
852 |
180 |
672 |
-326 |
121.2 |
|
| 1,375 calories under budget for the week
|
|
| Gained 1.2 pounds this week
as measured from a starting weight of 120 on June 16th.
|
| Nutrient Summary |
% Calories |
| Fat
|
251g
|
34.9%
|
|
Saturated Fat
|
92g
|
|
| Cholesterol
|
644mg
|
|
| Sodium
|
10,065mg
|
|
| Carbohydrates
|
668g
|
41.3%
|
|
Fiber
|
168g
|
|
|
Sugars
|
165g
|
|
| Protein
|
385g
|
23.8%
|
| Exercise Summary |
Calories |
| 30 Day Shred 190 |
30 Min |
190 |
| 30 Day Shred 180 |
2 Hours |
720 |
| 30 Day Shred 140 |
30 Min |
140 |
| Total |
1050
|
Weekly Summary for Week of Mon, Jun 24th
| Daily Summary |
|
Budget |
Food |
Exercise |
Net |
+/- |
Weight (lbs) |
| 6/24/13 |
1,004 |
777 |
160 |
617 |
-387 |
122 |
| 6/25/13 |
1,006 |
491 |
0 |
491 |
-515 |
122.4 |
| 6/26/13 |
1,000 |
879 |
0 |
879 |
-120 |
121.4 |
| 6/27/13 |
998 |
1,062 |
190 |
872 |
-126 |
121.2 |
| 6/28/13 |
992 |
861 |
220 |
641 |
-351 |
120.2 |
| 6/29/13 |
987 |
900 |
180 |
720 |
-266 |
119.4 |
| 6/30/13 |
998 |
1,088 |
160 |
928 |
-71 |
121.2 |
|
| 1,836 calories under budget for the week
|
|
| No change in weight this week
as measured from a starting weight of 121.2 on June 23rd.
|
| Nutrient Summary |
% Calories |
| Fat
|
199g
|
30.2%
|
|
Saturated Fat
|
83g
|
|
| Cholesterol
|
724mg
|
|
| Sodium
|
9,745mg
|
|
| Carbohydrates
|
709g
|
47.9%
|
|
Fiber
|
153g
|
|
|
Sugars
|
283g
|
|
| Protein
|
323g
|
21.9%
|
| Exercise Summary |
Calories |
| 30 Day Shred 190 |
30 Min |
190 |
| 30 Day Shred 180 |
30 Min |
180 |
| 30 Day Shred 160 |
1 Hour |
320 |
| 30 Day Shred 220 |
30 Min |
220 |
| Total |
910
|
Weekly Summary for Week of Mon, Jul 1st
| Daily Summary |
|
Budget |
Food |
Exercise |
Net |
+/- |
Weight (lbs) |
| 7/1/13 |
1,004 |
821 |
210 |
611 |
-392 |
122 |
| 7/2/13 |
1,002 |
837 |
210 |
627 |
-375 |
121.8 |
| 7/3/13 |
997 |
1,095 |
190 |
905 |
-92 |
121 |
| 7/4/13 |
998 |
1,292 |
190 |
1,102 |
104 |
121.2 |
| 7/5/13 |
1,004 |
1,523 |
0 |
1,523 |
520 |
122 |
| 7/6/13 |
1,005 |
1,095 |
220 |
875 |
-130 |
122.2 |
| 7/7/13 |
1,013 |
1,115 |
210 |
905 |
-108 |
123.4 |
|
| 473 calories under budget for the week
|
|
| Gained 2.2 pounds this week
as measured from a starting weight of 121.2 on June 30th.
|
| Nutrient Summary |
% Calories |
| Fat
|
286g
|
34%
|
|
Saturated Fat
|
120g
|
|
| Cholesterol
|
877mg
|
|
| Sodium
|
10,617mg
|
|
| Carbohydrates
|
862g
|
45.6%
|
|
Fiber
|
165g
|
|
|
Sugars
|
214g
|
|
| Protein
|
387g
|
20.5%
|
| Exercise Summary |
Calories |
| 30 Day Shred 190 |
1 Hour |
380 |
| 30 Day Shred 210 |
1 Hour 30 Min |
630 |
| 30 Day Shred 220 |
30 Min |
220 |
| Total |
1230
|
I just had a thought.
ReplyDeleteHave you considered getting tested for intolerances? I know some people that had unexplainable weight gain because their body developed an intolerance to a certain kind of food. Perhaps that might help?
I came across this article.. Maybe this is something for you to try? :
ReplyDeletehttp://www.burnthefatblog.com/archives/2006/06/how-to-repair-a-damaged-metabolism.php
I mean if you manage to repaire the Metabolism, maybe it will solve everything.. The dude says it takes 3 months.. It should be worth it - what do you think?
DeleteI was on a months-long plateau, living on 800-1200 calories a day, minus 400 calories burned per day on exercise. Then I upped my intake to 1500 cals a day (which was effing SCARY) and now I am losing weight again. It's rather unbelievable, but it works!
ReplyDeleteI say you increase your calories by 300-500 a week for about a month and see what happens. If you don't lose weight, it's not the end of the world, and perhaps eating more will give you more energy to burn really great calories during your workout!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like I've got a lot to catch up on with you! Just wanted to say Hi :)
ReplyDeleteX