I'm back from Vegas. It was a fun yet incredibly exhausting trip. I'm not normal for two reasons. #1 I seem to need a lot more sleep then everyone else. Even my pregnant friend had more energy then me. My older sister not once needed to take a nap but I needed one every single day. #2 I don't need to eat as much as everyone else. Even though I'm a pig of huge proportions in my mind I do realize when I'm around others that I still eat less then the average person. I eat one meal for their every 2 or 3. And maybe that's why I'm so damn tired all the time.
Vegas was a food fest. I did good on Friday sticking to a salad at dinner but then eating a crap ton of bread that someone else ordered. I skipped breakfast every morning. Saturday was Pizza then the drunken fourth meal was french fries. I couldn't even feel THAT bad because my sister had eaten breakfast while I didn't AND had a chilli dog and onion rings for her 4th meal. Sunday was the buffet for dinner where I realized I really can't eat as much as I seem to think I can. I had 2 small plates so as to pace it out so it could have actually just been one plate and that was it. I couldn't even look at dessert. I used to eat a lot more at buffets. Saturday was awesome just because I peed and went #2 like a normal person but by Sunday my body shut down. I was retaining and stopped up as per usual. On the day we left I had french toast for breakfast and it was really good. That night I ate a little bit at my mom's but only because I knew I'd be juicing. Then I come home and my husband has made the best damn chocolate chip cookies I've ever tasted. I ate 3. Only because I knew that he was taking them all to work and I was juicing and wouldn't get any of them. Excuses excuses. Wow. I'm a pig.
I had a ton of fun though. It was good seeing my friend and spending time with my sister. We made the most of every day and were constantly busy getting out and doing things. When I wasn't napping. We hung out at the pool, walked a lot and did some shopping. I barely made it to our one night out. I don't know how many more club nights I have in my future because this one seriously kicked my butt. I wanted so badly to just curl up in my pajamas in that hotel room and not go. I had to force myself to do it.
It took us 7 hours to get to my parents house and I didn't make it home until 10pm. I didn't get to bed until 11:30pm. We got a late start because after getting no sleep all weekend we just couldn't get up early. Then we had breakfast. I was really not all that tired when I woke up this morning but I knew it wouldn't last. I am crashing HARD now. I am so tired. I feel so exhausted that I can barely keep my eyes open. I haven't done any work all morning. I know it's terrible and I need to start actually doing some work and finding the motivation to do it. The crazy thing is that I'll be leaving for another trip next week. I get hardly any down time between all this to recover.
So I'm into day 1 of my juicing. I've peed a lot already. I can
tell I'm getting rid of a ton of water retention from the weekend. My
stomach hurts. I don't know if it's from hunger or from having been so
jacked up on food over the weekend or from my period which was at least kind enough to show up after I got back. I think this go round is going to be really hard because I did so much eating for the last 4 days. I was just going to buy the juice but my husband offered to make it. How sweet is that? Thank goodness he supports my juicing. He also straightened up his parts of the house and did some laundry AND folded it up the same day he washed it. I missed him.
I'm planning to go to the gym today and I don't even know how I'm going to do it. I'm soooo sleepy. But after the weekend and not really working out much last week I've got to get one cardio day in. 123.4 today. The highest I've seen in...well years and years and years. Hopefully I'll be back to my other high of 122.5 by tomorrow and since I hate that weight too down from there by the end of my fast.
Hey Miranda,
ReplyDeleteNice to hear you had such a great time in Vegas (: and to come back to your husband who cleaned and straightened up -- so sweet! Obviously he missed you too (:
I just HAD to comment after reading about all your naps in Vegas. I went on a 5mo study abroad trip to Japan earlier this year... and every day, EVERY time, it was I who was the first to want to go home. By about 7p, we'd all be sitting on the train, and I'd be dead quiet -- not making any conversation and not caring at all -- because I was so tired and zoning out. By 8p I'd be ready to call it a day and head home, but that'd be about time that one of the girls would want to "explore the city" or go bar hop or whatever. I was a total grandma!
So I totally feel you on the nap thing, haha. Good luck with your juicing, maybe I'll do a fast too (;
Rin
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSorry, having trouble posting. I just meant to say that perhaps your exhaustion has to do with how little food you are comparatively. When I eat little, my workouts are terrible, but if I don't work out, eating little works for me.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had fun :) and I hope you can catch up on some sleep and get some proper rest until next trip. GL with your fast, hopefully your weight will be back where you want it in no time :)
ReplyDeletePS: you are lucky who has a hubby that can cook, mine can't really cook to save his life!