So Saturday night at the party I ate way too much Pizza 'cause it was so good and I was so hungry as usual. I drank quite a bit too. One drink at the pre party, two drinks at the party, a big slug of Grand Marnier out of my husbands flask and then after that he wouldn't let me have my own. I was being monitored because at last years party I over did it and puked in the club. Definitely not my finest moment. I just had sips of his which is fine because I had coffee before the party and after and was so full that my belly couldn't hold much more. Plus the drinks were $12-14 bucks each. I had a lot of fun. My husband told me I looked hot and I feel pretty good about the way I looked and the way I did my make up. He lost 20 lbs last year so his suit was way too big and he couldn't wear it but he looked so cute in a sweater and tie.
I would have liked to stay in my hot LBD after the holiday party but it's just too cold for me. I couldn't do it so I went up to the hotel room and changed into something warmer. We went to a club that one of his co workers could get ladies in for free and half off for the guys. I had so much fun dancing with my husband. We were that couple french kissing on the dance floor and I love it that even though we've been together for five years I still feel as much love and passion as I did for him when we first started dating. We were out until 1:30am and then I was so tired I couldn't keep going even though I think he could have gone a little longer. My feet were hurting so bad. Thank goodness it was just a five minute walk back to our hotel room.
We went to breakfast the next morning and I decided to get French Toast because I can't remember the last time I ordered anything other then an egg beater omelet with no sides for breakfast. It's been so long since we went out for breakfast at all for that matter. I knew that the damage was done no matter what so I just went for what I wanted. Unfortunately they weren't very Cinnamon flavored and I've had way better French Toast so I felt like it was a little bit of a waste of a calorie splurge but they were still pretty good so oh well. As soon as we got home I changed for the gym before I changed my mind. It was time to pay up for my indiscretions. I was there from 1pm to 3pm. I did 1 hour on the Elliptical, 30 minutes on high incline on the treadmill and then 30 minutes of stretching. My goal was to burn off everything I ate and then eat nothing else so that I could have a zero calorie day. I really needed that because I was freaking out about being over weight to begin with and then everything that I ate and drank. I was exhausted but I didn't leave until I met my goal and had burned 1,053 calories. By the time I got out of the shower I was soooo tired that I could barely keep my eyes open. I ended up falling asleep on the couch. Since I burned off slightly more then I ate I allowed myself 1/2 cup of Fiber one when I got hungry later and ended up having a -14 calorie day. I did not weigh myself at all that day. I'd already missed morning weigh in and figured I should just leave well enough alone.
I knew that I had truly done everything in my power to make up for Saturday and Sunday but I was still terrified to weigh in this morning. Since when is my best ever good enough these days? The number wasn't as bad as I was expecting. It was in line with my string of high numbers over the past few months. No better, no worse and it was only 0.2 ounces more then I was Saturday morning so that was good enough. I drank my coffee but can already feel that I'm retaining water. My period is supposed to start tomorrow so that's probably why. I'm going to the gym today and tomorrow for an hour of cardio each day. I'm so tired and I'm dreading it but I have to do it. I'm so tired of failing at weight loss and it may or may not make any difference in the long run but for some reason I can't stop trying.
Wow, look at me...a post Friday and today? That's a lot for me lately! Thanks for all the diuretic tips. I think green tea still has caffeine though right? I'm not a big tea drinker but if it's a diuretic without caffeine it would be worth trying.
That's so sweet, you and your husband
ReplyDeleteI hope to find a good man like that some day\\
Hang on to him x
Green tea is naturally caffeinated, but you can buy decaf green tea.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I am glad you and your husband still feel that way about each other. It's nice to actually see couples who feel passionately about each other, even after years together :)
Adorable. I hope that when I've been married 5 years, my husband and I are as happy as you two. :)
ReplyDeletesounds like you have loads of fun :)
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah green tea has caffeine, but take out the bag fast and you wont get that much of it :)