Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Done Good

Last week I lost my flash drive that has my novel on it.  I'm still pissed off but getting over it.  I literally had it sitting on the  bannister so I'd remember to bring it to work with me.  Hubby saw it too.  I get to work and it's gone.  I get home and look and it's not there.  I check work more thoroughly the next day and it's not there!! WTF??  The good thing is that I already put my novel on a different drive but the bad thing is that it's gone and I don't know where it is.  I don't think it made it to work with me as I put it into my lunch bag along with 2 little snack size snickers bars.  Those made it to work...but not my flash drive.  Strange.  I hate it when crap like that happens.  I didn't do anything and it's just gone.  Whatever.  I have to move on.  

Thursday night hubby had a craving for Pizza.  And I was doing so good.  Regardless, I HAD to eat some.  I haven't had any since my vacation.  I ate 3 slices.  I know, pig.  BUT, my thing is that I payed close attention to my fullness level.  I never got full.  Probably because I was so dang hungry and hadn't eaten much that day.  So, I just ate it and moved on expecting to gain a little since I don't get away with anything and I did.  I went from 117 to 117.8.  Totally reasonable.  I was actually okay with that. 

So Friday night was a real miracle.  I went out to eat and I didn't gain!!  I met a friend and her friends for dinner and drinks downtown.  It was her co workers basically and all the girls were really cool.  Initially I didn't want to go for food and homebody reasons but I'm really glad I did.  I drank on an empty stomach so was way buzzed off two glasses of wine.  Either her co worker is rich or just really nice or both but she paid for everyone's meal.  I had one glass of wine at the bar that I paid for but aside from $6 parking that's all the night cost me.  I ordered a cobb type salad.  They were on the "small plates" menu and I didn't order any chicken to add in.  I ate a few sweet potato fries and a few pretzel bites that were at the table and that was it.  I was hungry but I held back and I actually exercised restraint.  My friend suggested we split garlic fries and I was thisclose to doing it but she didn't mention it when it was time to order so I said nothing even though I could practically taste them.  They all went out afterwards but I parked in 3 hour parking and so I had to get my car.  It was actually a good excuse not to have to stay as I usually just kinda want to get home but I feel like I would have actually wanted to go out with them.  It was such a warm night.  It was about 71 I think and I just felt good.  Normally, I'm freezing.  BUT; had I continued on I might have had more to drink and blew it so it's good the way it worked out.  Anyways, a couple weeks ago when hubby parked his car in the very same parking garage and we were a good hour over our time limit he said don't worry, don't worry even though I was telling him we needed to go.  It's like $2 per 15 minutes over which is ridiculous.  We pulled up to the pay booth.  Zero charge.  But me??  I pull up after going about 20 minutes over and I am charged $6 bucks.  It's a perfect example of how my husband is lucky and fortunate and I am absolutely not.  He is one of the charmed ones...me not so much.  Thank god I married him so that I can have some sort of goodness in life.

I managed to maintain 117's  (miracle!!!) until Sunday when for no reason I went up to 118.8.  Probably some water retention although on Friday I was good and not retaining at all.  I dropped back to 117's today and we'll see what tomorrow brings.  This fluctuating weight stuff is maddening.  I feel like it didn't happen so much when I used to avoid water.  I know I need my liquids so I'm just mentally trying to deal with it on those days that I am retaining.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are doing very well. Good job at maintaining and I'm glad that you had a good night on Friday night.
    Men are just lucky like that. They have all the luck and we have none lol. Stay strong sweetie.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there,

    I can relate to not wanting to go out and being a homebody.
    I'm invited to a dinner tomorrow night and I'm trying to think of an excuse not to go, even though I know I would enjoy myself if I went

    Good luck x

    ReplyDelete