Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Olympic Overload

I've been in Gymnastics heaven all week.  Team Qualification on Sunday and Team Finals yesterday.  The US Women are doing so good.  Those girls are simply amazing.  I cried when they won.  I can't imagine how happy and excited they must be.  I stayed up until almost midnight watching it.  I could DVR it and go to bed but then I'd have to stay off the internet for two whole days and risk a spoiler alert which would suck.  I like the suspense of having it unfold without knowing what's going to happen.  I still have three wonderful days of women's competition left.  The best Olympic body "fitspiration" for me is beach volley ball player Kerry Walsh.  She's got long lean legs, a perfect butt and killer abs.  She's like 6' tall which I could live with ONLY if I could put it to use as a model or an athlete.  Her body is perfect.  I can't believe she gave birth to a child. She doesn't look any different then she did before.

Photo Source
Photo Source
The 4 lbs of 4.5 came back just as I knew they would and I haven't over eaten either.  I've actually been pretty proud of how good my will power has been lately.  I've been eating pretty clean.  For all the good it's doing me.  Some of it might be water weight since I've been guzzling it but still not peeing a lot.  I think I can do better on my sodium intake.  My most indulgent day was pizza yesterday for lunch out with hubby.  I did not over eat.  I stopped before I got full, I still kept the cals for the day pretty decent AND I exercised.  Oh well.  I'm over it.  My body won't budge and I'm going to have to accept it.  I went to a Core class which was basically an abs and core workout for a whole hour.  It was awful!  I am so sore.  My tailbone is sore to the touch now because I did the ab work balancing on my thin yoga mat.  It was a good work out though.

My eyes have been so incredibly dry and fatigued.  I think it's because of contacts although I don't know why they are suddenly bugging me so much.  It really sucks.  It makes for some very long days especially when I'm staring at a spreadsheet on the computer all day.  Hubby has a kickball game tonight.  I really don't want to go because I'm  so darn tired.  It's at 7:30pm so I'd have to go home change, go back out again and not get home until around 9pm.  It's the last game I'll have a chance to go to before he leaves though so I probably should suck it up and go just to be supportive.  Grrrr!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment