Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Fluctuating Weight

My weight is all over the place.  Two weeks ago I was 114.5, earlier this week I was 120 (!!!), three days ago I was 118.5 and now I'm at 117 lbs.  I actually lost a pound after we met my parents for dinner.  I NEVER drop a pound the day after eating out no matter how good I am so this makes no sense whatsoever.  I never used to fluctuate in weight this much and I'm convinced it's because of all the water drinking.  I think it makes my body more impacted by sodium intake, work outs and that time of the month.  I drink more water which is good.  It also means I  pee more (good) and I sweat more (this kinda sucks) but it also means that depending on intake or what's going on I can potentially retain more-hence the crazy fluctuations.  Some days I don't pee as much and I'm like oh-I'm retaining water.  Other days I pee buckets and I'm like oh-I guess my body is letting it all go.  If I work out I lose more water on top of that so I might end up lower the next day but then if I ate a lot of salt I'll go up.  It's maddening!!!  I'm going to keep it up.  I've gotten used to the routine of water drinking and I know my body needs it.  I still go days and days without a BM sometimes but overall I feel less backed up and like my body is functioning better when the water is flowing in and out.  I'm trying to learn not to freak out over every little fluctuation-and I'm getting a little better.

Hubby wants me to go to happy hour tomorrow at this cool pizza place with him and his co workers.  Pizza is one of my ultimate weaknesses and their pizza is to die for.  I went there for lunch with hubby a couple weeks ago, ate a reasonable portion and gained like 3 lbs so I'm really nervous about going.  I want to but I just don't trust myself.  We also have a wedding the day after that.  It's a recipe for disaster especially because next week is my off week for heavy cardio.  I've been stalling on telling him if I'll go or not and he just texted me to ask again.  It would be really nice if I just had some damn willpower then I wouldn't have to worry about it at all.   

I want to get this Health o meter Body Fat Monitoring Scale.  We already have two scales and I know hubby will see it as part of my obsession and freak out.  BUT-I might be able to get away with this one because it measures bone mass, body fat and hydration.  Maybe I can justify it by telling him it's not just about weight.  With me drinking more water, wanting to be healthy and get into weight training which he's been pushing means that knowing those other things are important too.  My only concern is that it stores 4 users and tracks the previous 12 weigh ins.  I want to track my numbers but I don't want it to be a device that helps him track my weight so I'm wondering if anybody knows if the information can be cleared somehow or even how it's accessed in the first place by each user.  I am extremely secretive about my weight and even more so when it comes to him.  I don't think having a "secret" scale would work so the only way I could get this is if I can hide my stats.  Let me know!  I think it would be awesome to be able to track all that stuff-as if I need anything else to track-but it could actually help me to know what's water weight and what's bone weight etc.

We got our carpets replaced with hardwood floors on Tuesday.  What a pain it was moving everything.  We did the whole downstairs.  They look really good  but I don't think they did a good job of cleaning 'em up because they feel a bit filmy under my feet.  I'm OCD so I need to clean it myself which means I have to do it when I get home because hubby doesn't want to wait until the weekend to move our furniture back downstairs and in from the garage.  I rarely clean on weekdays-it's just too much after work but I'll have to make an exception.  He doesn't care either way so he says whether or not I do it he's moving stuff so I gotta do it.  Our house is a mess.  We look like hoarders.  There is a layer of dust over everything in the kitchen.  I want our house put back together because I hate having everything a mess but I just don't feel like it.  With labor and materials it cost us about $5,900 bucks.  Jeez!!!  We spent 4k on our backyard about the same on our closet, $2,500 on the kitchen counters and back splash and about $1,600 for crown molding and painting.  It adds up.  Mind you our house is brand new.  It didn't necessarily "need" any of these things; we just wanted it.  This is our last home renovation project.  I want to do the bathroom too-just replace the shower and tub pieces and put in some tile on the floor-but that will cost us $7,000 and hubby has already said this isn't going to be our house forever even though I love it and wouldn't care if we never moved again.

I gotta text hubby back.  What to do, what to do?  I don't want to be a stick in the mud and I get the feeling he really wants me to go which is sweet.  I'll probably go.  If I screw up it's my own damn fault but that doesn't make facing the scale any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment