| 117 lbs |
Both pics are me yesterday after doing my Ballet exercise video. I love this video by the way. It's my 4th time doing it and I'm starting to get my ballerina legs back. My Developpe's are above 90 degrees, I'm able to hold and extend further. I feel strong and graceful since I'm not dying just trying to keep my leg up anymore and finish some of the combos in Releve and catch some air on the saute jumps. I don't think I look that much different then I did when I was 112 lbs and my clothes don't fit any different but regardless I feel completely fat. When the number on the scale is too high I just feel fat no matter what. My thighs and hips feel huge. My thigh gap is still there but is it me or is it getting smaller? Is my chest bone becoming less pronounced? There is always room for improvement but when I was 112 lbs I could at least enjoy feeling thin. I was actually okay with my reflection. Now, when I look in the mirror I see an average not necessarily all that thin girl and it makes me feel disgusted and angry. Then I look again and I just see fat. I'm simply not thin enough to feel good about myself. I hate my body so much right now and I'm hating myself for being so weak and unable to lose weight. It's so frustrating. It's just 5 lbs (depending on the day) so why can't I do it?
The weekend was good. There were no major food disasters and the calories were in check but even so I'm up a pound to 117. I've been keeping up with the water intake. I drink the water when I'm not eating so I can accurately gauge my level of fullness from food. Yesterday I drank 48 oz total pretty much in one sitting. I drank 24oz and weighed myself. 1 pound up. I drank the next 24 ounces and weighed myself a couple hours later right before I went to the bathroom and I was another pound up. Then I weighed myself after I went to the bathroom and I was 0.5 lbs down. For some reason it makes me feel better to know that 24 oz of water will equal about 1 lb of water weight on the scale. Obsessed much? I think yes. I feel like with all this water my weight is going to fluctuate more and make it even harder to see where I'm at. I'm not used to fluctuating a pound up a pound down then back up and all over the place so much but I know I need the water and I'm trying something new. It's not like anything else I do is working. To be honest if I knew for certain that doing what I'm doing would get me no higher then 118 lbs no matter what then I wouldn't be so upset. I could live with that. It's this fear that drives my anxiety. The closer I get to 118 means I'm that much closer to 120 lbs which would be so awful and then after that what if it doesn't stop? What if I can't stop it? I picked 112 lbs because it gives me room to fluctuate and still be okay with my weight. It's also the edge of scary skinny for me so it makes sense that it's also just one pound above what puts me at the so called 117.5 anorexic BMI. Not that I expect to stay 112 lbs on the dot every day but if I'm truly maintaining in the range that I want to be in I should be able to hit that number at least periodically.
Oh, what a grey and ugly day it is out there!! I'm so tired. Going to the gym will be rough but I gotta do it. I've been messing around all day and I probably should be writing my book since I'm not actually working and I'm not doing anything else but I'm just so tired. Speaking of which, for those of you who wanted to know my book is fiction. It's about a girl who splits up with her fiance, works a job she hates and embarks on a new adventure. That's really all I can say right now. I actually don't even know what she's doing next.
Oh, what a grey and ugly day it is out there!! I'm so tired. Going to the gym will be rough but I gotta do it. I've been messing around all day and I probably should be writing my book since I'm not actually working and I'm not doing anything else but I'm just so tired. Speaking of which, for those of you who wanted to know my book is fiction. It's about a girl who splits up with her fiance, works a job she hates and embarks on a new adventure. That's really all I can say right now. I actually don't even know what she's doing next.
It's really difficult to see differences in those two photos. Your legs look toned and you still have your thigh gap, which doesn't look any smaller. It's so great that you're still sticking with the water!!
ReplyDeleteFirst I must say that of all the blogs I read, I definitely relate to yours the most. I'm having the same issue of maintaing while still trying to lose and desperately trying to avoid gaining. It's so interesting how you have the same safety and alarm numbers as myself..for a long time 118 was my avoid number and 112 was my safety number. I'm currently 5'9 and 110 pounds, but for some reason I dont even have a thigh gap..only of I lean forward a bit or deliberately strain my legs apart is it evident..but you've got it and you look absolutely beautiful. I've recently gained about 8 pounds over the past few months and every morning I wake up with the same thoughts..are my collar bones still as prominent, do my thighs look extra jiggly? Even if the number On the scale is just one pound up from the day before, I just feel so fat and utterly disgusting. I'm so terrified of just being normally thin as opposed to bring scary thin. In any case, I didn't mean to rant on, I just wanted to say that you've got an avid reader in me.
ReplyDeleteCheers!
AstoriaC.
IMHO you look fabulous.
ReplyDeleteyou look amazing at 117! i totally get the safety range. the thought of reaching the highest side of the numbers is what makes the panic set in *will there be a point of no return* it's so scary to see it or even test it.
ReplyDeletei'm happy to hear that you broke through your writers block, that's awesome.
I'm not going to Lie I'm crazy jealous that you look so amazing and skinny at 117... when I'm 117 I still look huge and my thighs dont even come close to looking that way... i have never had a thigh gap :/ looks like you are doing wonderful, you look great
ReplyDeleteYou look amazing.. Really amazing..
ReplyDeleteYou have killer arms - and the tummy is just wow and what huge thighs??? I think the gap is not smaller that it used to be :)
You should love your body - cause you srsly look wonderful :)
Hello :) I just found your blog and I think it's lovely :) What ballet video do you use? I've been using the New York City Ballet Workout DVD and I quite like it. You have absolutely beautiful legs in both photos by the way. Take care of yourself :) <3 Jade
ReplyDeleteThanks for the love on my blog. I def understand feeling fat because of a number, but I think you look amazing, thin and toned.
ReplyDeleteYou look amazing!
ReplyDeleteI will have to check out that ballet video.