Yesterday I worked on writing my book all day long at work. I'd been lagging on it because I was kind of stumped on where to go next but I had energy, work was slow and I knew I could get away with it so I pushed through that writers block and now I'm up to about 80 pages. I still have a long way to go but I'm happy that I made some progress.
Thank god it's Friday. I'm tired even though it was a short week. My weight did go go back down from the horrendous 119 thank god. It was so awful feeling that bloated and that heavy and that out of control. I think it was major water retention. Normally I don't drink enough water so the effects of any water retention and bloating are usually minimized. I'd been chugging it though, so all that water went in and did not come out. It was awful. I've stayed in the 900's all week calorie wise and I got in some major cardio earlier in the week. I've been chewing gum like crazy mostly at work to keep me from eating any extra work snacks. Today around 12pm hubby asked me if I wanted to meet him for lunch and I was so annoyed. I hate impromptu dining out plans. I get so anxious when I haven't had time to mentally prepare for it. I have to think about what I've already eaten that day and maybe adjust what I planned to eat later and I just hate it. I bit the bullet and agreed to go though. I think it's sweet that my husband enjoys meeting his wife for lunch and I don't want to ruin that. He says he was surprised that I actually said yes. He knows me so well. I got a 140 calorie lentil soup which came with a 100 calorie piece of bread and felt okay with it.
I've been sticking with 24 oz per day water minimum. I've been drinking it during the work day and then after I get home I don't drink anything else. When I eat I can tell if I'm full from food or full from water and that makes me feel less anxious but I know I need more. By the time I go to bed I usually feel a little thirsty. It's a good start for me though to at least commit to that. This morning I was at 116 which is definite improvement but I don't have much hope for any downward movement right now based on the way things have been going. My weight is up, down and all over the place day to day often without any real logical sense based on what I've eaten or what exercise I've done. I'm going on a trip to Vegas with my sisters on June 22nd and I'd love to feel skinny, confident and be at my goal weight by then but I also don't want to set myself up for failure and heartache. I'm just taking it day by day.
Did anyone watch the Top Model Season Finale? **Spoiler Alert** I knew Sophie would win. There is a new CW show called Breaking Pointe about the life of dancers in a prestigious ballet company. I love Ballet and there are sure to be some skinnie minnie's on the show. I DVR'd it and will be watching it as soon as I get home and finally get to relax.
It sounds like you're doing pretty good sweetie. Keep up the book! =)
ReplyDeleteXOXO
Huh, the show sounds interesting! I know watch I'll be watching this week. :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your weekend. <3
Awesome work on the books! And the water drinking, so important! You're definitly at a good starting point with it, and I'm sure you could be back at your ugw in time for the Vegas trip!
ReplyDeleteThought you might be interested in this calculator: http://bwsimulator.niddk.nih.gov/
ReplyDeleteSo you might have posted this before but what is your book about. I hate unexpected lunch plans especially with my husband because he gets all offended if I dont eat. I understand about feeling like you need to go. Hope you had a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteHope you had a good weekend. I also want to know what the book is about. I know I missed it. You are such an amazing person. Love ya
ReplyDelete