Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

What's So Scary About Water?

When will I ever learn?  I'm thinking never.  On Monday I was excited that I hadn't gained from dinner out with my mom the night before.  I came into work with my water determined to drink water and stay on track.  I worked out Monday night and the cals were low (way lower then the night before) and gained a whole pound on Tuesday morning so I freaked out, blamed the water and didn't drink anything all day Tuesday.  Literally, nothing.  I didn't even drink my coffee in the morning.  When it was time to go home that day I realized that I had not peed all day.  When I got home and finally did barely anything came out and it was very dark.  Wednesday morning I was up another pound for no good reason.  I was going out to eat with my friend that day so even though I should have been pounding water I was of course to scared to add to my already 2 lbs weight gain so I didn't.  I ate my normal egg beater breakfast and did pretty darn good (well, for me) at dinner.  I got a protein breakfast of egg whites, Turkey Sausage and breakfast potatoes.  All the calories were listed on the menu and believe it or not it was the lowest.  I gave the muffin that came with it to my friend and I only ate 2 pieces of bread out of the bread basket.  I drank almost the whole glass of water and still barely had to go pee that day.  Obviously, it wasn't enough.  My body was probably just holding onto it.  I was down half a pound on Thursday morning after a BM.  I decided enough is enough and I drank up.  I drank my coffee in the morning and brought water to drink at lunch.  I drank the whole thing and by that afternoon I was running to the bathroom and my urine was almost clear.  I went to the gym that night for a quick work out and this morning was down a whole 1.5 lbs.  It's so annoying that I know I have to drink water and refuse to out of an irrational fear.  If I lost weight I don't want to drink water for fear I will ruin my progress.  If I gained I don't want to drink for fear of gaining more.  If I maintained I don't want to drink for fear of messing that up.  I don't like to drink before a meal because I feel like I can't gage my fullness level from food.  Then, I don't want to drink after a meal because I've eaten and feeling too full freaks me out.  Plus, how will I know if it's my real weight or water weight when I get on the scale?  It's ridiculous really.

So I just got back from a Birthday lunch outing with co workers.  We went to this place that only serves pizza.  I got the thin crust and ate half.  Before we left I made sure to drink a whole container of water despite my fears.  And when I came back I immediately had to go pee.  No more food for the rest of the day for sure.

I feel like the biggest pig lately.  Since I hit my breaking-WTF is wrong with my stupid body I can't take this anymore-point I've been allowing myself to eat more because restricting just wasn't working.  I was tired of overeating because every meal out felt like my last (duh, even though it clearly wasn't because every time I turn around there is always something else).  I was getting tired of starving and not ever losing and even gaining so I've been a bit more liberal with my calorie budget.  I'm trying not to let myself get too hungry so that my sweet tooth doesn't get out of control or I end up snacking on junk and leaving no room for nutrition food in the calorie budget.  My calories for the last 3 weeks have averaged 1218, 1087,  1066.  Yes, I did the math with a calculator.   I haven't posted my weekly numbers these last three weeks not because I'm embarrassed of my numbers (okay maybe a little) but because there really isn't much happening with my weight.  It's nothing I'm proud of as I haven't hit my magic number although I can say that I am at least glad to be maintaining in a range that is reasonable.  I am enjoying the food I do eat but it's a mixed bag because at the same time I feel bad about it.  Like,  I'm eating too much.  I actually feel like a fat failure who is overeating for not staying strictly in the 800-900 range.  

Anybody remember me mentioning that I get the feeling that my boss is staring at my thigh gap?  I'm pretty sure she's not staring at my crotch and  I always check to see if my zipper was down or if there was a stain on my pants or something and there never is.   Well, one of my other co workers told me that she had an eating disorder for about 20 years.  We were talking about sizes and clothes and she said my boss had to get rid of all of her tiny clothes that were super nice and expensive because she recovered from an eating disorder.  Hmmm....that may explain some things.  The thigh gap staring.  She's always talking about food (not unlike me).  She says she used to be a vegetarian.  She constantly bakes and then brings it to work so she won't eat it and refuses to take any left overs home.  She is very tall and has sort of a big frame.  Not that she's fat but she's like bigger boned.  She has no ankles; her calves just run into her feet and she's got sort of biggish legs.  She's not fat at all though.  She exercises and does cross fit.  Anyhow, I just thought that was interesting.  And for a second it made me a bit self conscious about all those work lunches where I'd order like a tiny bowl of soup and that's it.

6 comments:

  1. I'm tired of restricting and not losing as well. In the last two weeks I've only lost two pounds, and it's the same two pounds I keep gaining/losing/gaining/losing. It's so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel about the water... I hate drinking it cause I feel it makes me gain but if I dont I hold everything and end up gaining so I just force myself to drinkit...also thanks for your comments and such it really helps me get through my weeks...and I take a dily pack of vitamins made for women and the juice I drink is all natural/organic and has alot of nuetriants in it..no sugars added.
    also a tip I learned is to drink water 30 mins before a meal and not durring your meal...it helps with digestion and helps with fullness if you drink it 30 mins before and not durring.
    good luck with everything <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your posts always make me feel better. I bet that was what going on with my weight not budgeing-the water. And you're absolultly right about always thinking it's the "last time" you'll be going out to eat- I totally need to get out of that mindset, because it never is!!!

    That sucks about your boss. I wonder which is worse, actually fighting an eating disorder or being forced to give it up when you're never ready to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate how this is so emotionally draining on all of us. I hate how we are scared to drink water or eat the crust off a pizza We go up and down and feel so bad about both. Hang in there hun your blog gets me though a lot I just want you to know. It makes me feel better to know I am not alone and that in some way we are all fighting the same demons hope you and your hubby have something great planned for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know how you feel about the water thing but i've conditioned myself to drink more water throughout the day because it makes my skin look better (so good on the outside) and i feel that a hydrated body makes for easier and more frequent bm's (so good on the inside). i try not to think about what water does to my numbers because if i keep it consistent it shouldn't make a difference, it should all even out, right?...does that make sense? not sure, maybe it's my warped sense of it?

    your calorie intake is very acceptable. maybe your mind and body just needed a break from the strictest of restricting. a little controlled chaos you might say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just had a thought.. Now that it's summer and there are alot of lovely fresh fruit and veg out.. have you considered maybe going Raw for a while?

    ReplyDelete