 |
| Egg Beaters with Cheese and Bacon Bits, Coffee |
So, today went okay. There really isn't much that you can eat on a low carb diet so options were definitely limited. I used a precious 5 carbs on creamer for my coffee but I had to have it. I microwaved the egg beaters at work. It looks kinda gross but it was pretty good. I did miss my usual double fiber toast a bit but this was a good substitute.
 |
| Almonds and string cheese |
By lunch time I wasn't too hungry which was good. By 1pm I had to go pee twice and it ran very clear. Usually I just go once and there have been times when I haven't even really had to go by then. Maybe I'd been retaining water the last couple days. Who knows. I ate my almonds very slow to make them last.
 |
| Cabbage Wedge, Lettuce, Cheese, Lo Sodium Ham |
There wasn't much to dinner either. I really enjoyed my lettuce wrap with lunch meat and cheese. I hardly even missed the bread and I think it's because I had the tasty cheddar cheese flavor I love so much. My sodium is high because lunch meat is high in sodium and surprisingly so is cheese. My fat is high too because of the cheese but I got a ton of protein. I love cheese so that's been my favorite part of this diet so far. I used my last 25 carbs on 1/2 cup of fiber one cereal. On high protein and low carbs there is almost no Fiber intake so although I really wanted to have ice cream and indulge my sweet tooth I went for the Fiber instead. It's good for me to have total clean eating days. It doesn't happen nearly enough. I did 55g of carbs for the day. Not bad for a carb whore such as myself who normally averages about 150-180g. I couldn't resist finishing the last few stragglers of pretzels in the bag but there are no more open bags so I shouldn't be tempted anymore. I did take a dump last night and was down a pound this morning so I had a nice fresh start. It's really hard for me to give up my precious foods I love so much so it's a miracle I've managed to do this even one day. I'm so stubborn about what I eat and if I wasn't so desperate I probably wouldn't have even tried.
Thanks to everyone for your awesome support during this slump and as I try this low carb thing. Isobel, I use Lose it for my calorie tracker. I've always known Lose It kinda sucks because their food database is really weak compared to a lot of the other ones but I've stuck with them. I've built up my database of customized foods over the last couple years and I really like their food pics. I'm in deep. I probably should have switched a while ago. That's so cool that My Fitness Pal lets you track ahead. Maybe Lose It will get with it and do the same. And as for water. I'm going to try! I'm eating clean so now is the best time for me to guzzle water despite my water weight phobia.
Daily Report for April 11, 2012
| Daily Log |
| Breakfast |
| 205 |
| Egg Substitute, new, Egg Beaters | ½ Cup | 60 |
| Bacon Bits, real, svg, Oscar Mayer | 1 Each | 25 |
| Cheese, Cheddar, Block (28g/1"), Ralph's | ¾ Ounce | 82 |
| Creamer, Irish Creme, Liquid, Nestle Coffee-Mate | 1 Tablespoon | 35 |
| Coffee, brewed w/tap water | 10 Fluid Ounces | 3 |
| Lunch |
| 250 |
| Cheese, String (28oz), Frigo | 1 Each | 80 |
| Nuts, Almonds, Whl, Diamond | ¼ Cup | 170 |
| Dinner |
| 374 |
| Ham, Deluxe, Low Sodium, Boar's Head | 4 Ounces | 120 |
| Cabbage, Ckd, Drained, Shredded | 1 Cup | 34 |
| Cheese, Cheddar, Block (28g/1"), Ralph's | 2 Ounces | 220 |
| Snacks |
| 79 |
| Cereal, Original, Fiber One | ½ Cup | 60 |
| Pretzels (28g/53), Rold Gold | 10 Sticks | 19 |
| Nutrients |
| Fat | 52g | 48% |
| Saturated Fat | 19g |
|
| Cholesterol | 152mg |
|
| Sodium | 2310mg |
|
| Carbohydrates | 55g | 23% |
| Fiber | 21g |
|
| Sugars | 16g |
|
| Protein | 71g | 29% |
| Summary |
| Food Calories | 909 |
| Exercise Calories | - |
| Net Calories | 909 |
| +/- Calories | 84 |
| Weight | 116.5 |
this will be great - soon you will get around the sodium and fat.
ReplyDeleteI used to pre cook chicken breasts and have it so I could make salads or w/e when I needed to eat something.
have you seen the atkins site? - they have a whole lot of recipes and that makes the planning so much easier..
GL hon :)
Good job with day 1! You sound so much like me in being very stubborn about what you eat. I have about 20 or so food products that I eat regularly and I don't particularly care to stray too far from those! And I love cheese too! Light string cheese is one of my staple snacks! : ) keep it up, girl!
ReplyDeleteMiranda you are such an inspiration for me REALLY...I love that I can read your blog and we go though a lot of the same stuff..OK I am cheesy I know lol. I logged back on to myfittnesspal.com and logged in all my stuff yesterday really all I had was coffee (cream is a must :() my carbs were high and that was me limiting myself never thought about that before maybe that has been a lot of my problem. I will keep track of all my stuff for a week and see if that changes my weight issues any. Great job on your will power you will be over the hump in no time!!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete