I was on it last week. I did my 4 days of hard core cardio in a row Sunday through Wednesday. It kinda worked out because since we were having work done on the house all but Monday I was able to get my work outs in before work. I already knew I was going to be late so on Tuesday and Wednesday I let them in went to the gym and then came home and got ready for work. The guys showed up late on Wednesday and I didn't know when they were coming so I couldn't leave the house. I just got up and started running around my neighborhood for 40 minutes. I was so antsy to work out I could not sit on my butt. My stupid heart rate monitor was acting up so I don't know exactly how much but I know I was in the 300's. I also took 3 super cleanses over a period of 2 days to get rid of some junk and the the numbers did go down. It was an inconvenience and all but it was actually kind of nice to not be able to use the kitchen. I didn't have to cook or feel bad about not cooking and I didn't get harassed about just wanting a sandwich and pretzels for dinner. There was a BBQ on Saturday and I wasn't too worried about it. I'm getting pretty good at social gatherings...it's the dining out that's been kicking my butt lately. I ate a few too many chips, went super light on the actual food, drank about half a light beer and indulged in a giant cookie. The scale went up 0.5 just because I wasn't starving myself but that is reasonable. That I can live with (not 2.5!!).
This week is back to light work outs. I had my pole dancing class last night and it was so hard! No wonder pole dancers have amazing bodies. I have a pretty strong core and I used to do gymnastics. I think it helped a little but overall it was really hard to hold up and lift my own body weight. My knees are banged up from spinning around to the floor, my wrist is bruised and my arms are very sore. I was really annoyed because my weight went up even more from Monday to Tuesday for no real reason. It's gone down today by a pound today though so I'm at 115. Maybe it's because I was finally able to take a dump last night after four days. I never expect a drop like that to stick because I'm just never that fortunate so we'll just see what happens. Water intake has been up and down. Some days I'm determined and I drink it down even though I'm scared of the water weight. Other days I just can't do it. I was going to maybe get a gym day in today but I'm so tired that I almost feel sick. It's only an hour but my body is not adjusting well to the the time change and the darkness in the morning. I like the extra daylight but right now getting used to the morning dark is hard. I've been going to bed too late too. I know I will for sure get at least one more work out in this week but it will have to be tomorrow. I'm pooped. Work has been soooo busy that I haven't had as much time to mess around. At least the days fly by. My very last homework assignment is due Friday and then I am DONE with school. Thank goodness.
When I got home hubby was working out. I made my PBJ and went upstairs to watch a movie and eat. When I came back downstairs to get some string cheese he asked me if I wanted to make him a salad. I said no. I feel very bad about it but cooking is a chore for me and I did not feel like doing it. I don't even think we have enough lettuce and I didn't feel like getting in there and scrounging up some vegetables to cut up. He knows I don't like making food so why is he always pushing it on me? I'm cooking Friday and I have been putting forth the effort to do it more. He is more capable of putting a meal together then I am. I'm tired and just wanted to relax and watch my movie. Apparently he really didn't feel like making a salad either because he just left to go get some food. I always feel so terrible when he wants me to do something and I don't want to do it. I just feel so evil and mean. Like a selfish bitch. Now I worry if he's going to be mad at me. Oh well. Most of the time if he wants me to do something I will. Except when he wanted me to spend my one extra vacation day taking his car for an oil change. That was a no go. I would have never asked him to do that. It's almost like he just likes to ask me to do stuff. I'm not a lazy ass. I take care of stuff around the house. Just let me be.
To answer some questions my ideal weight is 112-114. I've been bouncing around mostly between 115 and 116.5. It's less then five pounds. It shouldn't be that hard considering I mostly stay under 1,000 calories a day but try telling that to my body. I'm not doing anything different then when I was successfully maintaining 112-114 so it's been a bit frustrating. Em, you wanted to know about my HRM. It's a Mio Motiva Petite in Pink. When I first got it I had some issues getting it to test my heart rate and even work. Then I got the hang of it. I like it that it's strapless because there are times when I'm not exercising and I'm just curious about how many calories I'm burning and I can wear it just like a watch. I do think at some point I will get one with a chest strap because mine has been acting up. When it works it seems accurate but everyone says that the chest strap is the way to go for accuracy. Plus, with the strapless you have to interrupt your work out to push the buttons that test you heart rate or else you don't get an accurate read. And lately I've had to keep trying over and over to get it to read. Super annoying.
Thanks to everyone for all of your encouragement. Right now I just feel like a fat failure and it's nice to have the support here.
I hate the time change as well! I say get rid of it!
ReplyDeleteI had been trying to do better at cooking for my husband, but In the end I think he is such a better cook lol. He gets mad that I don't pick up the laundry a little better. Marriage is a two way deal though you know?