On Friday night at dinner I ordered a side of Mac & Cheese. I've never ordered this in my life but it was just in my head and I was craving it so I decided to make that my entree and I ordered a side salad with it. Delicious. Now hopefully it's out of my system and I can move on. Hubby's steak entree was $44 bucks. My sparking wine was $11! Fine dining is such a racket. After dinner we went to a print casting. I got an e mail from my agent that there was one downtown during the same exact time that we were going to be down there. This NEVER happens. Usually I can't make them which is why I don't model anymore so since it was convenient this time around I went. Hubby got to audition too because significant others were welcome. Modeling was something that I loved so much so it was pretty cool that he got to see what it's like. The information sheet asks for stats including weight. I knew hubby was going to be looking at it hard because I am very secretive about my weight. I've never volunteered this information to him. Ever. I wrote down 118. For a while he was guessing correctly that I was more in the 114 range 'cause he could tell I'd lost weight and he did not like it. He is more comfortable with 118. It's the weight I was at when we went on our honeymoon 2 years ago and where he says I should be at the minimum. Anything less and I start looking too skinny. I'll admit it was a little deceptive but I think it was the best thing for both of us. It'll hopefully take the heat off of me and my eating habits that he thinks I'm higher then I am and it'll make him worry less. Win win.
So the reason we went out for dinner in the first place is because I agreed to grant him his Steak & Knobber day. It's the so called male version of V Day that nobody knows about where all the men want is a steak dinner and a blow job. I know. Typical. He found out about it and showed me the link and I said what the hell. Let's do it. So, that night after dinner it was time to seduce him. Which I suck at. It was cold so I put on my leather jacket over my bra and panties, walked down the stairs and went after him. It felt good to do that because I so rarely initiate and we have so rarely been having sex lately. We had sex on a blanket on the floor so my tailbone was bruised the next day but it was worth it.
I restricted all day in preparation for Saturday nights pizza splurge that I already knew I was powerless to resist. I didn't even really try. Pizza is my all time favorite food so it's almost a given that I am going to be weak when it's around. I lost count of how many slices I had but I think it was five. Every time a pizza came out (we had 3) we snatched 'em up so fast and it was gone in a matter of minutes. There were about 10 of us. I don't have any "real" friends so I sort of tagged onto a B Day celebration of one of hubby's friends. My B day isn't until next week. Normally I don't really care all that much about doing anything on my B Day but this one is 35 so even though going out and partying isn't my thing I still kinda wanted to do it to celebrate. I wanted hubby to be included in the celebration too and I just couldn't figure out a way to blend my group of friends and him. Or even my friends and his group of friends to meet up that night. All his friends know each other like one big happy family so even if there are singles and couples it's never awkward. Not the case with my rag tag group of friends. So I latched onto his friends and had my downtown night out celebration out with them. How pathetic. There were so many hoochie mama's out that night. My goodness. There were lesbian go go dancers in the club, caressing each other and taking each others bustiers off. There were girls in the tightest, shortest dresses they could squeeze into and dancing the sluttiest way they know how. One girl had this weird little gyrating dance that she'd do while sitting down in her tight black dress. Legs open and all. Never mind it was freezing. They don't care. I'm too old to freeze my ass off in a tiny dress even though I do have a cute LBD that I've had for years and just never had the right time or place to wear it. Friday I'll be meeting up with my friends at the only place and time any of us ever meets up together. The local super cheap bar/club for happy hour. We've been going there for years. It's easy and it works.
I was at 115 Sunday morning but I went to the gym Sunday and Monday to do some damage control and I'm at 113.5 today. Which isn't awful. Thank god my body is at least semi cooperating with me-unlike last month's nightmare. I would LOVE it if I were back at 112.5 by Friday morning so that I have some more room to go up. I doubt this will happen. It is my Birthday weekend after all so I need as much room for error as I can get. Next week is hard cardio where I can undo some damage and THEN I really just need to chill out. My weight is manageable right now but if I screw up too many times in too short of a time period that may not be the case anymore.
Work is so busy!!! I have so, so much to do but they days are flying by. Guess I better get back to it. I got a heater from a co worker so I'm not freezing anymore.
Sounds like you've had a busy time :). I think you'll make 112.5 for friday, it is only tuesday after all.
ReplyDeleteI must try this Steak and Knobber day with my hubby next year. In case i miss, happy b day. Enjoy the time out with friends. I'm not a big b day person myself. I can do without the numbers since i despise the thought of my gray hair under my ugly colored mat i call my hair. Good luck with the casting.
ReplyDeleteWow awesome job with managing your weight during the busy food weekend! Also, that's so cute that you and your hubby went to the modeling even together and had a male v day :)
ReplyDeleteOh my.. I had never ever heard about that hahaha - I guess for now hubby can have the steak - the knobber is just not happening ^^
ReplyDeleteAlso as always I think you do an amazing job eating out :)
The casting sounds so fun.. What is the audition for? - pictures? runway? Details please ^^
and yaaay for the birthday girl :D happy happy birthday :) I really hope you have enjoy the weekend, and the celebs and have a great time..
<3
Happy almost birthday!!!
ReplyDeleteSteak & Knobber Day...lol...that is so funny! How kind of you to honor that day! Shhhh...don't tell my hubby about it! ; ) Pizza is a huge weakness for me too. Pizza and nachos. I'm a goner if either of those are around!
ReplyDeleteHaha I've totally heard of that but Jake and I both are veggies!
ReplyDeleteWay too keep everything in percpepctive but still managable :]
Happy birthday too!!!
Happy Birthday! I think you are awesome to let yourself enjoy it! Might as well have some fun :)
ReplyDeleteHave to have this night with my hubby!
ReplyDelete