Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Weight Up Money Down

How sad that I consider a 0.5 weight gain after our Valentine's Day dinner on Sunday to be a victory.  I ate a pretty good sized portion of lasagna, warm delicious bread and a glass of sparkling wine.  Totally decadent and 0.5 is a totally acceptable weight gain for one bad meal unlike a whole 1.5 to 2 lbs that I've had in the past.  Then, the next day I gained 0.5 then the next day one whole pound.  My cals were low too.  And now my husband has asked me to go to a college Basketball game with him so that means I can't go to the gym.  It's raining and I was really looking forward to working out then coming home and watching Dance Mom's and just eating a snack.  He better not be expecting me to eat dinner.  His friend bailed, he was dateless and so I've agreed to go with him.  I'd felt like a jerk if I said no and refused to go.  This is one of those moments where my wanting to be a better wife comes into play.  Suck it up and go with the flow.  Be nice.  Sigh.

So that means gym tomorrow.  I don't even know why I bother anymore.  No matter what I do the numbers always go back up.  I've made little to no progress all year and I feel extremely pathetic.  I'm just not a happy camper over here.  I feel like my body is retaining everything.  I went to bed and woke up at the exact same weight.  Usually I lose at least a 0.5 overnight.  I've barely had to even go to the bathroom today and I was doing pretty good but no BM for the last couple days.  DAMN I'm annoyed with myself and my body.

We re did our budget last night.  Yes, on Valentine's Day which we don't make a big deal about.  We did do dinner Sunday and hubby sent a really pretty cookie bouquet to my job.  As if I the fatty that I am need cookies but I'd rather him spend money on that then $50 bucks on some flowers that will die.  I got him a massage coupon and I also made dinner.  Nothing fancy but I got in the kitchen so that's good.  Somehow, he has accumulated some credit card debt.  Hmmm...maybe it was the grill, the bikes or the TV.  When he buys stuff I don't ask about if he has the money etc.  That's his deal.  They were big ticket items so I figured he'd charged some of it but apparently the bills have piled up to where he can't afford to contribute as much to our joint bills account as usual.  Also, he's having some changes with work to where he won't be working extra hours that he's used to so that income stream is not to be counted on anymore.  He makes more so he contributes more.  I reworked the budget so that he still contributes more but I've reduced his input by $250 and raised mine by $250 which I can barely afford to do.  I feel bad enough as it is that I don't make more money and I really do want to contribute more so I'm okay with it.  I upped my contribution to joint savings on my own right away when I got my raise.  Once I get used to my new budget I'll be fine.  I told him to please just work on paying that off and no more big ticket items.  Both of our discretionary income has gone down so we just need to watch it.  Luckily, I have not accumulated any credit card debt.  I've been banking the money I get in rent since I stopped paying my mortgage on the condo so I've been able to save a bunch there.  Once the bank takes it I won't have to pay HOA there anymore and that will be $180 more per month I'll have to spend.  We're a team so we have to work together.  I got a raise in January but it's basically eaten up now.  Oh well.

I'm about off work.  Time to fight traffic in the rain just so I can get home and turn around and fight traffic to go to a ball game I don't even want to be at.  Hubby is definitely driving and he owes me one.

UPDATE:
Hubby's friend came through!  I didn't have to go.  I spent an hour at the gym.  There is something wrong with my knee!  It's tight in the back for some reason and then there is a bit of pain when I straighten it out.  Hope it gets better.  Now I'm watching Dance Mom's and eating an apple, string cheese and some pretzels.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you got to to spend your time as you really wanted :)

    Maybe you should have the knee checked out if it doesn't get better soon..

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Budgeting might not be the most romantic way to spend V-day, but it was couple-y. If ever do move in with the BF, I'm kind of looking forward to those kinds of things (I know I'm weird).

    Glad you got to have your evening with Dance Moms and snacks!

    Do you warm up and stretch before and after working out? Maybe you have some tight muscles in your leg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW you have been busy since you posted last. Sorry about the weight thing I know how you feel. I hate that I have to wake up every morning pee and go to the scale. and wait for the dreaded number to appear. glad you got to go to the gym. I wish I could fit the gym into my life, I tried once and it just doesnt work do to how demanding my kids and hubby are. look forward to read more from ya and thanks again for all your great comments on my blog it really make the day go better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it sounds like a stressful week! much love...

    ReplyDelete