Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Work that Body

I've been making time to work out.

 I've been on a roll this week so far with working out.  Monday:  Elliptical and Yoga class.  Wednesday:  Yoga Class AND and an awesome new Yoga/Pilates/Ballet Cardio class I went to for the first time. Yesterday:  Elliptical.  Today will be:  P90X2 Yoga at home with hubby.  I'm so, so tired but I have to do it!!  I might be in better shape then I thought I was because that new class killed me.  We did push ups, worked abs and butt and there was tons of stretching.  It was the perfect ballet inspired work out for me.  It was fun.  My muscles were burning and I really pushed myself but the next day the only thing that was sore were my calves.  It's about one year now since I started going to the gym again and I'm so proud of myself for sticking with it.  I won't be getting this many work outs every week now that I'm back at work and all but I know that I will continue.  It feels like a part of my life now.  I bought 8 new exercise videos also to try to mix things up a bit.  I can't wait to try them out.  I'm also going to keep trying to mix in classes.  Next...I'll finally get some more work out clothes.  Just a few things that I can probably find at Marshall's or Ross.  It's been so long but I didn't want to buy anything if I wasn't going to stick with it.  Over Christmas Break I was actually running out of sports bras and socks.  I don't plan on going to the gym over the weekend but I do plan on keeping the calories low.  Hubby will be gone all day Saturday until Sunday evening.  Him being on a healthy kick is really helpful because he's usually the instigator of fattening food runs or heavy dinners and now I don't have to worry that I'll be tempted by a bad choice at home.

My eating has been good all week so far.  I've been using jolly ranchers to keep my mouth occupied at night when I need to.  They take a long time to eat especially when I force myself to suck and not bite, they are fat free, I can eat 3 for 70 cals and it satisfies my sweet tooth.  Instead of plowing through a box of Mike & Ike's the jolly ranchers work out much better.  Last night I told hubby I'd have a wrap for dinner and I cooked him chicken off of his meal plan because he was going to be getting home late and still needed to get his work out in.  I started taking all the stuff out for my wrap and then I thought to myself.  I don't have to eat this.  He's not gonna be home yet.  Instead I ate some pretzels an apple and piece of cheese.  I was rewarded with 1 lbs down on the scale.  Score one for me!!!  I did end up eating some of his chicken earlier in the week.  "You have to eat some.  I took out an extra one for you."  Grrrr.  I split it in half and ate 1/2 each day with his left over couscous that he was apparently just going to let go to waste.  He's acting like he can't eat the same meal two days in a row or re use sides from one day to the next if the next day's meal is paired with something different.  He's being so anal.  It's really annoying me because it's not very time or cost effective and totally impractical.  It makes no sense to cook one single chicken breast at a time.  He should be making more so he spends less time in the kitchen and use left overs for the next night or for lunch.  He says he just wants to try out all the meals right now.  He won't listen to me so if he wants to break his neck trying to cook every night that's on him.  Except I had to step in because he didn't have time last night.  I swear, on Sunday it seems like all he did was eat, cook, wash dishes and exercise.

I'm just trying to be patient with my weight loss right now and not get too frustrated.  If I get too frustrated I'll get all anxious and stressed out.  I hate that feeling and it does me no good.  I'm at 114.5 today.  2.5 lbs to go.  I hate it that it takes me soooo long to lose and that just one slip up takes like a week to fix.  I'm also trying to keep drinking water.  I find that if I can get it in during the work day I'm much less anxious about drinking it.  Drinking lots of liquids before bed freaks me out even more.   Often I get curious and weigh myself before I go to sleep and if it's too high I lay in bed with my mind racing and worried about if I'll gain the next day.  

I also started working on my story again.  Well, it's a bit longer then a story now.  I've always wanted to write a book.  I started working on one years ago and dropped it.  I worked on it again in September of 2010 and I just now felt the urge to keep going on it again.  I think what stumped me was dialogue.  For some reason my heart would start beating fast and I couldn't figure out how to get it on paper and then I'd just give up.  This time I didn't give up and ended up writing about 25 pages.  It's about 40 pages long now.  There is still a long way to go and it will take a while but if I keep pushing myself I can do it.  I have no idea if it's any good so far or if anyone else will ever read it but I just want to see if I can.  For once I really want to accomplish something I want (besides being skinny) that a lot of people dream about doing and feel good about it.  I love writing and instead of wishing I could write a book I want to DO it.

Thank god it's Friday!!

************************************ 
Hubby is doing this challenge.  I'm posting this for anyone that is interested.  You don't have to do the challenge but you can still sign up for a Team Beach Body coach to get support and there are tools available that might help you reach your goals.

 BEACH BODY CHALLENGE

Iif you want to do the Beach Body Challenge the commit to get fit plan Step 1 is pretty basic.  Commit to at least 60 or 90 days of an exercise plan and a healthy diet that may or may not include Shakeology.  Sign up for the free Team Beachbody membership here.  Enter the Team Beach Body Challenge here and then log into the Wowy Super Gym Daily Sweepstakes here  to schedule and log work outs.  Every day that you log a work out you are entered into a contest for that day to win $500.   If you want to go big and are interested in being eligible for Monthly, Quarterly and Grand Prizes ranging from $1,000 to $100,000 you must do Step 1 to sign up and then Step 2 where you enter transformation results along with before, after pictures, stats and a series of other questions by March 31st.  If you go this route you will be asked specifically which Beach Body training program you used and you are eligible for bonus prizes if you use Shakeology.  At the very minimum you will get a Free T-Shirt for doing it.  You will also be part of the $500 daily prize contest for logging your work outs.  So, if you are serious about doing the full on Beach Body Challenge you should get started ASAP.  The link to the Beach Body Challenge FAQ section is here. 

  This is a
Team Beachbody link (if that video pops up you have to double click just above it in the middle to get rid of it).  Here, you can shop for Shakeology or Beach Body exercise videos.  Shakeology takes the guess work out of what to eat and gives you a full serving of all the vitamins and nutrients that you need for an entire day in one drink.  It's 150 calories.
There is no gimmick.  You will not get results unless you put in the time and effort.  Being fit and healthy has and always will be about a healthy diet and exercise.  The Beach Body Challenge just gives you tools, rewards and a framework to get you into that mind set and help keep you motivated.
 

11 comments:

  1. you are so thin! Awesome job with the working out. I love your cute working clothes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW u look great I wish we had a descent gym and I would go more or I wish I could find more time to go. I will have to try the jolly rancher thing. work is my biggest weakness. I am not hungry just bored sitting at my desk all day. I try and not take any extra money to work so i cant visit the vending machine. Look forward to reading more of your post

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look amazing as always :)
    And wow - great going on the gym and working out :)

    PS: I LOVE your upper arms.. They are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fantastic! And good for you sticking with going to the gym. I've given up the gym and just workout at home or run. I have no motivation to go anywhere.

    I love your jolly rancher idea. I do sugar free coffee syrups in a decaf coffee when I want something, but sometimes I crave fruit sweets instead.

    Getting an idea on paper is the hardest part so it's great that you've been pushing yourself to write and not letting the hard parts scare you away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing in that picture! yay for you! so proud! xxx Cant wait to get back in the gym! Afterr my last exam on the 23rd! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great! *Insert jealous mumbling*

    Congrats on the gym motivation - wish you could send a bit over my way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apologies in advance bc this us going to be a long @ss comment!!

    First of seriously good job at sticking with the gym for a year and having it be a part of your life. Serious accomplishment, very impressed. Also that ballet/oilseed/yoga class sounds amazing. I wish my gym offered something lime that, I'm getting super bored and want to mix things up. Seriously way to go on the gym front. So proud!!

    Also you look great as usual.

    I am the same about being time/cost effective when it comes to cooking. I hate wasting bc food its so expensive and its way easier to cook more/use leftovers the next day. I'd be a bit frustrated with the situation too.

    Keep plugging away at the book, you can def write, your blog demonstrates that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have the BEST body EVER!!! WOW, so jealous!! :P Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh, as always, YOU HAVE THE BEST BANGING BODY EVERRRRRR :)

    xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so gorgeous! I wish I were as thin as you. Such an inspiration... :o)

    ReplyDelete