I've had a really nice last weekend of freedom. We didn't do much for New Year's. We didn't do anything at all actually. I got 3 soft tacos from Taco Bell and a donut to satisfy my cravings and splurge. We watched a movie then a countdown show on TV. A low key NYE is fine with me though. I don't need to be out in the freezing cold crowds spending way too much money. We were going to go to dinner but I canceled them after reading awful reviews of the restaurant. I really should not have eaten what I did that night and in retrospect know I could have actually done without it. I was just doing it because I felt I should splurge in order to celebrate. It's been ingrained in my head that it's how you enjoy yourself. Eat. I gained but it's already coming off and I'm really finding my motivation to eat cleaner and get leaner.
Hubby is starting a new 90 day exercise and diet regime. He's made me hide the scales from him because he's only allowed to weigh in once a week. We went grocery shopping for his food and spent about $280 bucks!!! The main expense was all the meat he bought. We got about 2 1/2 pounds of good low sodium deli meat and tons of Chicken Breasts. The bad news is we spent a crap load of money on food. The good news is that now that he's focused on his own diet hopefully he'll stop worrying about mine. I already told him I didn't want to eat any of his food because it's expensive enough just to keep him fed. The less I eat the more left overs he'll have for the next night dinner and lunches. He has his meals planned out, he'll cook them, he'll eat the left overs and I will eat whatever the hell I want or don't want. AWESOME!! I'm sure I'll be eating some of the lunch meat and now and then I might have a chicken breast with him but other then that I'll be mostly on my own. He won't be cooking for US and expecting ME to eat it.
My plan is simple. Eat clean most days and keep calories close to 800 for now. Once I get closer to my goal I'll up that to about 1,050. I will also keep up the exercise. It'll be much harder once work starts but I've managed 2x per week minimum for a year now. I will stick to that and try to add in more days. The goal weight is still 112. Now that the holiday munchies are behind me and I'm craving healthier cleaner foods again more so then crap I know I can get there again.
Today is my last day of vacation. I've been off for 13 days and I'm telling you...it has been GREAT. I worked out almost every day and you know what? I actually enjoyed it. It wasn't something to struggle through but actually something that I looked forward to. It reminds me that I actually do like working out but am usually just too exhausted and run down to actually enjoy it. I've had so much energy. I've spent my time doing whatever I want. Even having to do housework and errands hasn't make me bitter and annoyed because I actually have had the time to do it. It's been so nice not to have work sucking me dry every day. That's basically what it does. It's a time suck that leaves little energy or time for anything else. After 9 hours a day and 45 hours a week is spent at work there is not much time to enjoy and live life. Simply put, life is so much sweeter without work. Anyone who doesn't have to work and still has enough money to pay bills and live a good life is lucky as hell.
I'm glad you've had a restful vacation - you surely deserved it. It's horrible that people's jobs become their lives in America (hello, Juan!!). Employers really take advantage of the fact that people are desperate for work now - it drives me crazy! Is it really so much to ask that people work 8.5 hour days, get 30 minutes for lunch, and don't have to be attached to their email/work phone when they aren't in the office? As I constantly say to Juan, "you're not operating on people's brains!" so you don't have to go crazy about work! UGh, enough of my ranting, it just really hits home. Good luck with your new healthy regimen - it's good that your hubby is on board, surely that is setting you both up for success.
ReplyDeleteJealous! I wish my hubby would do his own food and not worry about me!
ReplyDeleteYou deserve having some time off. Going to school and work is definitely not easy. Good luck on the new plan! Hopefully it should work out more easily with your hubby focused on his own diet goals.
ReplyDeleteI ttly understand.. I wish I could stay home and that we would still have enough money to have a good life..
ReplyDeleteSometimes I feel really splitted, on one hand I want the free from work life, where I can just be.. On the other hand, I keep worrying abt my career, and keep thinking abt what I should be doing.
Also I am ttly jealous of the fact that your hubby can cook.. mine cant even cook instant noodles... yup.. I have no idea how he can ruin those.. but he did...
hope you have a good day at work :)
That's awesome that your hubby is starting a new plan and the focus is off you. Congrats and Good Luck!!
ReplyDeleteGoing back to work DEFINATELY sucks.....ahh to have a money tree in the back yard! ;)