I started getting sick on Christmas Eve. I dismissed it because I never get sick and I figured it would be gone when I woke up the next day. Not exactly. I had some kind of weird stomach bug and my stomach was hurting all Christmas Day and the day after. Every 10 minutes the stomach pains came making me miserable....but there is always the plus side. It totally helped manage my eating. Food was totally unappetizing and thinking about food sort of made me feel nauseated. God I wish I could bottle up that feeling and bring it out on cue whenever I need it. I ate dinner and managed a cookie and some ice cream for dessert. No throwing up but I did have diarrhea all day the day after Christmas. Very puzzling for someone who never gets sick. Christmas with the family was great.
I worked out the day after Christmas. Somehow I just knew I couldn't be sick for another day. I have no idea how I made it through that work out. The rest of the day I was wracked by stomach pains. Hubby wouldn't let me go to the gym on Tuesday even though I felt well enough to. I was SO mad because I really wanted to do 3 cardio days in a row before my hair appointment. When I'm working it's very rare that I feel energetic or that I have the time to do it. Oh well. I did go and visit my girlfriend and her new baby. She's not all that cute and I feel really bad for saying that but not all babies are and this one just isn't. I always wonder if moms know when their babies aren't cute. I went to the gym yesterday. Hubby bought home pizza for dinner. I didn't weigh in before I ate. I just didn't want to know. I ate three and didn't gain. I LOVE it when that happens. When I was only 115 at before bed I knew it was gonna be all good.
Today I was supposed to meet my ex for lunch but he texted me this morning and said he couldn't make it. He's the one who kept asking when we were going to hang out. I was just so busy that I told him probably not until Christmas Break. He was even sketchy when we made the plans in the first place. I had to pin it down. I said Wednesday or Thursday. He says OK but when I text him on Tuesday he says not Wednesday but Thursday would probably be OK. I texted back, "What does probably mean? It's either yes or no because I need to make my plans." So he agreed to today but then flakes the day of. He says his daughter has an appointment. What, didn't he know about it before? And chances are it's a lie. He lied through his teeth when we were together. He couldn't do this or that because he had to "take his daughter." I shouldn't be surprised. He was a crappy boyfriend but he was generally a good friend and now he's not even that. I didn't text him back because I wanted to make a smart comment like, "It figures." Too bad because I had my outfit all planned, my hair is looking cute and I was going to look hot. Call me evil but it's kind of nice rubbing my hotness and happiness in his face. He says he has a girlfriend and will bring her when we all do happy hour in two weeks. I am very interested to see what she's like. I doubt she will look better then me but we shall see. Anyways, I'm done making any kind of effort to hang out with him. I stupidly put up with that crap he pulls when we were together but those days are OVER.
Today I did a yoga class at the gym and I'll be going back tomorrow. It felt so good. Then I did 30 minutes on the Elliptical after wards. I love having all of this time and energy. I've been staying up later because I'm not tired AND because I don't have to be up at the crack of dawn. I can go to yoga classes. I have time sit down on the couch and get through my DVR. I'm not stressing out about when I'll clean the house. This is the life. People who don't have to work have it soooo made. Weight wise I'm kind of hanging out where I have been and I've made my peace with that so it's OK. For now.
OMG I ttly love you ^^ I couldnt stop loughing abt the baby thing.. I even read it for hubby..
ReplyDeleteI have a friend and her baby is not cute... And she pretends as if she is the most pretty baby on earth. She even entered her for some baby commercial thing.. Off she didn't get the job but ya...
I don't think ppl know if their baby isn't cute.., OR they don't want to know it... I know it's shallow but I beg to God that I don't end up with ugly babies for being this mean to others lol
I've only met one person who knew their baby wasn't cute. And I think they were rewarded for their honesty with themselves (haha) because the kid was born soooo ugly and awkward looking but by her first birthday she was the CUTEST baby in the world. Sometimes they come out looking weird and it takes while for them to get cute.
ReplyDeleteAnd then again, some just never really get cute.
I hope you are feeling better, stomach bugs are the worst! Reading about your poor friend and her ugly baby made me laugh! I agree, some babies do not come out adorable, but what can you do?
ReplyDeleteSorry about how things are going with the flaky ex...although I'm very interested to hear how the happy hour goes!
LOL. Babies... many of them aren't anywhere near cute... My friend and I have noticed that cute people make not-so-cute babies, and not-so-cute people make fricking ADORABLE babies... xD
ReplyDeleteFlaky people... UGH. They're so annoying. D:<
I was a bit sick through Christmas too, and had the weirdest appetite, which was nice-ish for my intake but not so nice when my eyes were watering and people thought I was crying... Glad you're feeling better, you're stomach things sound way worse than the cold I had. :)
< 3
OMG I LOVE you I wish I knew you in RL. You are SO funny in they way you shit talk HAHA!!
ReplyDeleteI ALWAYS wonder that too--about if moms can tell if their baby isn't really so cute. like YIKES.... Alls I know is, MY babies are BOTH SO cute. When I had the first one I couldn't believe it. I thought OH maybe he isn't this cute in real life only I think so cuz I'm his mom... But he was for reals so cute. He was born c-section so his head and face weren't squished like sometimes a baby is SMASHED with swollen lips and eyelids and you actually have to try not to WINCE when you see it!! k.... But THEN (this is a funny story) right after I had my second baby I was in rehab (that's not the funny part--that's a long whole OTHER story) my husband was on the phone with me and he was all "jenny remember how we thought 'first son' was so cute, no one could ever be cuter? This one is WAY cuter even" and he was whispering so first son wouldn't hear. haha. that's funny but it IS SO SAD still to this day that I needed him to tell me that cuz I was in fuckin rehab..... ****background not to hijak your post but for anyone who's reading comments*** I was on a million pills for the c-section and I also was taking xanax for anxiety and went overboard on alcohol too like I must have thought I was anna nicole or something..... But I'm not and I didn't have an entourage or a cook or 5 nannies for my kids and thank GOD I got the help I needed.
I think reality--hormones and baby chemicals make moms think even a beast freak baby is cute.
xo
ps NO BABY Is a freak, I'm sorry I said that they are all precious angels from heaven!!!!!
I hope you're feeling better and have a happy new year, lovely lady!
ReplyDeleteYes, take the time to ENJOY life, you deserve it!! You're control, intake, and weight are enviable (I certainly envy you!!) and from all pictures I've seen, you look AMAZING!!! Rock on, girl!! :)
ReplyDeleteRub it u his face!!! I loved the part about how your pretty sure his new gf won't look better than you. Seriously love your attitude! I love how much easier it is to find the time and energy to workout during time off from work.
ReplyDelete