Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Stop With the Freaking Out Already




Me in my new boots and new haircut.  Sorry 'bout the freaky face blur

This is a perfect example of how the body is totally unpredictable AND why it's best not to freak out and overreact if the scale doesn't say what I want it to say and/or what I think it should say.  Wednesday and Thursday my calorie intake was only 38 calories apart (900's).  Both days included no exercise and I'd say my liquids intake was about the same.  For dinner on both days I had a Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich with pretzels.   Thursday morning I weighed in at 112.5 and without changing much from one day to the next I weighed in a whole pound higher on Friday morning for no apparent reason.  Needless to say I was pretty confused.  But instead of having a mini meltdown and vowing not to eat dinner I just carried on as normal.  I had my coffee in the morning and then my usual work snacks.  Hubby wanted me to pick up dinner on the way home.  He said no Subway and no Pizza (not that I would ever be the instigator for that).  Last week we had Santana's and I had a serious craving for it again so that's what I got.  I had two delicious carne asada tacos; one with cheese and one without to save a few calories and had a light beer to go with it.  When I got home I was still 113.5 and after eating I'd gone up to 114.5 but was down to 114 by bedtime. 

This morning I'm down a pound.  After a much bigger dinner then the night before.  I should also mention that my BM's have been regular so far this week.  My increased water intake could have something to do with it.  Thank you to everyone who told me to chug it down and not to worry.  Instead of starving and running to the gym I ate dinner, spent the morning in my jammies and I lost 1/2 lb.  I need to realize that there might be times I weigh more because of liquid intake, lack of bowel movements or water retention.  Normally I freak out, starve and often it gets even worse.  There also might be times where I weigh more because I over ate.  Either way wasting time and emotion on freaking out makes no sense.  If I ate too much I need to get my butt to the gym and have a few good days of restriction.  If I'm gaining for seemingly no reason keep the food moderate and it will hopefully even out.  Take a deep breath and let it out.  It will be OK.  Chances are I can get the numbers back down.  And about wanting to be 112lbs but mostly staying closer to 114lbs...maybe that's not such a big deal either.  I think having that goal of 112 lbs keeps me motivated but I need to also loosen up and realize that it's not always going to be realistic.  Thus far my actual maintenance range has been 112-116 but I always panic when I hit 114.  I think I need to be more open to numbers beyond that to reduce my anxiety.  I'm thinking 112-115 with a 3 lb weight range might be more reasonable.  I've gone up to 115; the world didn't end have gone back down to 112 so I know that 114 isn't going to kill me!!

I often operate out of fear of losing control.  But realistically, nothing motivates me more then being "overweight" so if it happens then I'll be all over it trying to get back to where I want to be.  I've been maintaining in the teens and been able to actually eat longer then I ever expected I could.  I'm doing SOMETHING right and I need to give myself credit for that.   I can't keep living in fear.

This morning I had a PBJ for brunch AND I'm meeting a friend for dinner.  I'm planning to drink lots of water before I go out to run errands.  Having something in my belly means I won't be starving and end up buying candy impulsively.  I plan to eat moderately and not stress out about my weight.  I seriously need a break from that mess!

10 comments:

  1. yay for becoming better friends with water!! I'm glad you're starting to become more comfortable with the changes. i agree living in fear is not the way to go, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! And your insight is awesome and inspiring :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the hair, and your boots look cute! It's good that you're starting to be more comfortable with drinking more water and dealing with the weight fluctuations that can come along. Either way, it's so much better not to live in fear of gaining all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your hair! You are so teeny-tiny and since you actually work out, I'm sure your cute little body looks just as good in your skivvies as it does in your photo :) (I did not mean for that to come out creepy-stalkerish... haha)

    It's great that you've come to that realization about having a range. That's really reasonable and will help stop you from freaking out and trying to compensate all the time. Bravo you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe you ARE teen-tiny as they put it :) and the hair is cute :)

    I am actually loving the whole outfit ^^

    GJ on not freaking out - And yaay for the regulat BM (Omg I can not believe how many times we have yayed for it lol) ^^

    Oh and I have actually never been in Bergen, I hear that it is supposed to be very beautiful, but it is always raining there...

    Thanks for the thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I mean this in the least patronising way possible - could you be any cuter?! You're like a perfect little doll! (I say that to my teeny-tiny sister all the time too and she's sometimes like "I'm not a doll, I'm a human being!" but I really do mean it as a compliment...!) Great collarbones too btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look super cute and leeeeetle. : ) And you're right, it really is so much more calming if we can allow ourselves a bit of a safe weight range. Enjoy yourself tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. You look lovely. I wish I looked half as great as you.

    Stay Strong.

    ReplyDelete