Another busy week at work. At least it makes the time go by fast. Monday I went to the gym in the morning before work. It's hard to do but it's nice to have the option and ability to drag my butt out of bed in the morning so I can come home or do something else I might need to do after work. If I'd gone to the gym I would have missed all the trick or treaters. We don't get much, which is good. Just enough to see some cute kiddos, hand out some candy and then eat all the left overs. My teeth felt coated with sugar by the end of the night. Gross I know. Hubby made dinner on Sunday so I ate the tiniest portion of left over Spaghetti ever on Monday for dinner. I'd eaten way too much candy that day. I just didn't have room for it in the budget. Tuesday I went to the gym after work and did an hour on the Elliptical. Both gym days my HRM calculated more calories burned then the machine. I burned 450 cals on Monday and 650 on Tuesday. For dinner that night we had Subway and then yesterday I had a PBJ. Hubby wasn't home. I will probably have another one tonight with pretzels. I am ADDICTED to PBJ. It's so yummy. It was my favorite sandwich as a child and then I stopped eating it for a long time. Too fattening. Then I started eating it for breakfast for over a year then I stopped again because I felt I didn't have room for it in my calorie budget and it was adding too many carbs to my diet. But, I'm eating them now. Who am I kidding. I'm a carb junkie. My body has been responding well. I love it when I eat, it comes out and I don't hold onto EVERYTHING. I had a good BM yesterday. I'm hoping for another today or tomorrow at the latest. I've been making a good effort to drink water and I've been maintaining at 112.5 so far this week.
I cut my hair! It's so short now. It's just above my shoulders and I'm wearing it parted in the middle instead of the side to change things up. I've been having the hardest time getting my hair to grow long again like it used to be. I used to always get asked if my hair was mine or a weave. Being African American it was more uncommon to have hair like that and it was a source of pride to me that it was mine. I stood out for having such great hair and I liked that. It made me feel pretty. It was long, thick and luxurious until I cut it about 6 years ago. I did go through a string of bad stylists but I've been with my regular person consistently for a while now and I still can't get it to grow back as long as it used to be. I so regret that decision to layer it and cut it short. The ridiculous thing is that I didn't even think my hair was that great back then. It didn't seem long to me but I seriously feel a pain in heart when I look at old pictures of how long and thick it was. I'm always so hard on myself. It's no different with my body. It takes me a long time to realize that hey, I'm actually not so bad. Two weeks ago after I got my hair washed and styled my hair looked really thin and was noticeably shorter on the right side. Which is weird because my "bad" side used to be the left. It's not the first time this has happened either. Every time it happens I give it a big chop so I can get it all evened up. My sides grow slower then the back. That's one problem. The other problem is that it seems about every 6 months my hair just sort of breaks off. I don't know if it's my sleeping cap or the way I'm wrapping it. I prefer healthy looking short hair over long scraggly jacked up hair any day so I cut about 3 inches off. It's all choppy and bouncy now. It's actually pretty cute. It's looks thick and healthy now...but short. I'm hoping that in 6 months I won't have to do a major chop again. Once a year I can handle but at this rate it's NEVER going to be long again. I make some progress each time but at this rate it really is going to take forever. I think this is the first time ever that my hair has been shorter then my big sister's hair in our entire life. I've always been thinner and had longer hair. She'll never be my size (and claims she doesn't want to) but her hair has been growing pretty well lately.
Hubby brought home a brand new 55" LCD 3D TV last Friday. I haven't even asked how much the sucker cost. I just don't want to know. Today I'm planning to go home and work on a homework assignment I've been putting off AFTER I watch last nights America's Next Top Model. What do you all think of the All Star edition? I don't like it as much as the regular shows but I love that show so I'm still loving it anyways.
Sophie and Holly: I'd love to take credit for my awesome weekly numbers spread sheets but it's my Phone App that does all the work. I am very dedicated about tracking my calories and exercise and logging it into my phone but after that I just cut and paste.
I'm trying to get my hair to grow long and luxurious too! I had short hair (as in a bob) for 2 years and I decided to let it grow out this summer. It's been staying strong but if you want my advice on how to get it long again I'd say be sure to eat protein (or take biotin/collagen supplements) and use horse shampoo/conditioner. It sounds odd but it works. And it still smells good. I use mane&tail (u can get it at walmart). It's antibreakage and makes hair strong. :)
ReplyDeleteI just trimmed my hair last night because it was starting to look jacked up lol. I know it takes FOREVER to grow. But it does look better healthy, anyday.
ReplyDeletePBJ=so good! You're lucky your body is processing everything so well!!!
Pics of the new hair?
ReplyDeleteoooohhhhh..... I so want one of those tv's .. they have this wireless thingie too - really fun .. It doesn't cost that much - so no need to worry hehe :)
ReplyDeleteHair can be such a frustrating matter... I am going crazy over mine.. I have too thick hair - and the nordic hairdressers seem to chop it as if it is wool or something..
I used to travel to London to get my haircut.. No time for that lately :S
It will grow out - but I am sure you look amazing with it as it is too :)
I've been eating BP&J sandwiches for lunch every day at work for at least two weeks now. It's all I can muster the energy to make and it means I can eat anywhere not the staff lounge where they put all the free food.
ReplyDeleteKind of a similar situation with my hair. I'm mixed but when it was super long ppl always asked if it was mine or a weave... Sometimes random strangers would come up from behind and touch my hair... Not cool. Anyways a hairdresser fried it, so I cut most of it off then had some issues with bulimia and it started thinning out and falling out so I cut it even shorter. But now I feel like it's just not growing as fast as it used too. I used to take flaxseed and omega 3 pills because I thought it would help... But I don't think it did.
ReplyDelete