Saturday ended up being a much longer day then I'd planned. I ran errands from 1-4:30pm then met my friend for dinner at 5pm. Then, I didn't get home until 8pm. I was gone for 8 hours and still can't believe I spent all that time running errands. But, I got a lot accomplished. I exchanged a movie, got my rings cleaned and inspected and finally got some picture frames for our wedding pictures. I'm just now getting around to framing them and I got a great deal on frames at Micheal's. I spent $34 bucks on 3 black 11x14 frames that matte to 8 x 10. Our B & W wedding pics look really great in them. I also bought some brown ankle boots at DSW with a $10 off coupon they sent me. I know, I know, I thought I was done with the shopping with the last round of boots but this time I really am. If I buy anything from here on out it'll just be a little something here or there. I really do have most of what I intended to get. Dinner with my friend was nice. We caught up on the goings on in our lives. We ended up at a Thai restaurant. We ordered the same thing. Pad Thai with Chicken (no peanuts). Yum, yum. It's only the second time at a Thai restaurant and that's what I got the last time I went to one. I'm guesstimating 785 calories. It wasn't a terribly big portion but big enough and it's all pasta which has tons of calories so that's that. We also had a glass of wine. I was way over on cals for the day but in my new I'm not stressing out anymore mindset I dealt with it well. Even after that I went to Walmart where I spent more money on some snacks for Sunday and a few other little things.
Sunday I lounged around the house and did laundry until my friend came over. We literally sat there and talked for about 4 hours. So much to catch up on. She has so much drama in her life it's unreal. I'm so glad she isn't mad at me about the whole foreclosure thing. She brought wine and I set out chips, tortilla chips, M & M's and almonds. I know. What was I thinking? I munched and munched and munched. It was quite ridiculous really. I ended up over calories again and most of it was literally junk. Of course that meant no dinner. After all that junk I wasn't really hungry and had consumed so many calories anyways that I couldn't. I felt bad because I didn't make dinner for hubby which I normally do on Sunday's when he's out of town for work. We had not much of anything in the house and my friend was there from 2:30pm until he got home so...anyways. I felt like a bad wife but I will do better. He ended up ordering pizza and I cut off a tiny sliver. We'll be eating the left overs for dinner tonight.
For obvious reasons I must go to the gym tonight. There is no maybe, I will be going no matter how tired I feel. I'm 114 lbs today after all that eating which isn't great but the best thing about it is that I didn't panic at all. I knew that I'd be back to some restricting during the work day and going to the gym. I barely peed this morning even after drinking a bunch of liquids the day before so I'm thinking that I might be retaining some water from my salty foods and that it will even out over the next couple days. No big deal. It feels really good not to feel like I'm about to jump out of my skin because of that number on the scale. I don't like it, but it's not ridiculously high AND I know I can get it back down.
I was doing OK but about 1/2 way through my work day I suddenly got really, really tired. I got enough sleep last night and the time change helped too. It must be sitting here at work at my desk in front of this computer monitor at work. Does it almost every time.
Glad you had a good weekend and that you've been able to relax a little about the slight weight shifts.
ReplyDeleteStaring at my computer makes me feel super tired and spaced out, too. But, alas, stuck in front of it all day long.
I've also been buying more clothing than I should be, but hey, why not? DSW always reels me in with their coupons haha. I'm glad you're dealing with the new mindset well.
ReplyDeleteoh. Wedding pictures.. Reminds me I should get on those too... I was going to make us and our mom photo books online and have them printed.. and I want some of them framed.. Not sure if we just gonna fram them - or use a digital frame we got one for christmas last year - and havent used it yet.
ReplyDeleteWe got another for the wedding too- but I think we will just give it away to someone.
and we still havent gotten all our "thank you" cards out yet.. Ugg I really should do that..
Glad you didn't panic over the intake/weight.. we know for a fact that you will get back to your comfy weight in no time - and you are still in your goal range.
:)
Have a good cup of coffee.. Office time- being tired just makes everything so much worse..
PS: Glad your friend isn't mad..
<3
You have such a great attitude! Really inspiring. I know what you mean about water retention. Sometimes I think that because I eat so little it's okay to have loads of salt. This doesn't work obviously. Lol. But YAY for being productive. :) :) 114 is such a dream number *WOW* Xo
ReplyDeleteYou seem relaxed. It's good to hear. Thank you for your always-supportive comments.
ReplyDeletex