Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Still Not Freaking Out

Monday I had pizza.  Not really the best choice for trying to drop an LB or two after the weekend but oh well.  I had two slices of Veggie Pizza and loved every bite.  Tuesday morning after going to the gym the night before (oh yeah, and the pizza) I still weighed in at 114 lbs.  Did I freak out?  No.  Tuesday night after a long day of work, school, no dinner and only 697 calories for the day I weighed in at 114.5.  I'm up a 1/2 pound after a darn good day of restriction?  WTF? Did I freak out?  No.  But I really, really wanted to.   I drank a whole 24 oz tumbler of water for dinner and went to bed.  This was a good learning lesson because Wednesday morning I was still 114lbs.  Even after all that water.  Proof that water doesn't make you gain weight (duh). It was still a bummer that I hadn't lost anything but still no freaking out.  I went to the gym Wednesday after work and had a PBJ for dinner.  I was 113 lbs when I got home but was up to 114 lbs by the time I went to bed.  I SHOULD have drank my tumbler of water and I've been very good about doing so lately but I just couldn't.  I WILL today.  It's harder for me to drink water just before bed for some reason AND after eating anything even if I'm not full at all.  It's totally mental.  Today I'm down to 113 lbs.  Hubby is out again during dinner tonight so another PBJ it will be.  My favorite!  And I'll be watching Top Model from last night.  So the moral of the story is really to stop freaking out, keep drinking the water and eat moderately.  I'm so glad that I didn't allow myself to stress over that one stupid pound and will really try to keep that up in the future.  I'm not sure if I will get back down to 112 lbs this week...but that's OK.  That's maintenance.

This week has been not as busy as it was the week before.  I've had more time to breathe.  I'm off tomorrow for Veteran's day which is totally awesome.  Hubby had this bright idea that since I was off I should take his car in for an oil change.  Uh....no.  That's  not exactly how I want to spend my day off.  I don't even want to take my own car in for an oil change let alone his!  I felt really badly about saying no like a crappy wife for about a day or two but I'm over it now.  He might not be able to to do it this weekend but he can surely fit it in next week after work because he gets off early enough.  I'm forced to use my days off for it but he doesn't have to.  He's a bit over mileage but his car won't blow up between now and next week.  I AM planning to cook though.  I figure it's the least I could do since I didn't do it for him on Sunday nor have I been doing it lately at all period.  I'll be sleeping in.  I might  go to the gym or do a work out video depending on how I feel.  Then, I'll go to the grocery store to pick up a few things for dinner because our cupboards are bare.  Which is fine with me as long as I have pretzels, Peanut Butter, Jelly and Bread and Fiber 1 but hubby doth protest.  We were going to wait until next week because we have Thanksgiving shopping to do at the Commissary but after eating Tortilla Chips and Beer for dinner Tuesday night he insists we get a few basics.  It's supposed to rain this weekend so I'm planning to spend a cozy weekend at home watching movies in my jammies.  I'll have to make time for some homework too...Sigh.  Hubby apparently has invited the guys over to watch a fight for Saturday night since their morning football game might get rained out.  We hardly ever have guests so it kinda rattles me a bit.  The house will be as is, which thanks to me isn't really all that bad.  I'm not doing any cleaning until next week as it gets closer to Thanksgiving.

My mom in law is driving me nuts.  She's called 4 times in the last week.  I haven't picked up because A. I'm busy and B. I don't want to.  She is sweet but she is very boring to talk to on the phone and I don't like being on the phone at all much these days with anyone.  I just don't have the time for it.  It's kind of awkward trying to get off the phone with her too.  She talks in this flat boring voice and never has anything to say because she really doesn't DO anything.  She doesn't work and she lives in this little podunk town.  I talked to her one night because she'd called AGAIN and told her my dad was doing OK after his surgery then 2 days later she was calling for an update.  Then, the next message was the same.  Just wanted to see how your dad is.  What?  Am I supposed to provide you daily updates now?  If you call me and I don't call you back don't keep calling!  Obviously I'm busy or occupied or whatever and I'll call you when I can.  She does the same thing to hubby.  So, she called last night and I didn't pick up.  I will probably call her this weekend.  Too bad she isn't a texter. 

Can't wait to get off work.  Only 2.5 hours to go.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you for not freaking out! I know weight fluctations can be maddening, but with the controlled weight you eat, you're not likely to gain an "real" weight.

    Hope your weekend is relaxing. Staying in jammies and watching movies sounds lovely. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you for not freaking out. Maybe you are finally moving into a more carefree happy maintenance? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for not freaking out..

    and I agree mother in laws can be VERY annoying.. Mine ALWAYS argues with hubby about whatever when she calls. But if I take the phone and say exact same thing that he does.. She is cool with it..

    So weird..

    Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your long weekend Miss! Bravo on handling the minor fluctuations like a champ. Not freaking out is key, and you should be proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear the minor fluctuations aren't a bother. That must mean your mind is quiet. :o) At least that usually what it means for me.

    Oh I love PBnJ too! I just discovered Smuckers Uncrustables. I don't usually buy quick frozen foods, but these things are so yummy and the perfect size.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I'm dying over 'too bad she's not a texter'. I am not a phone person either. Really dislike talking on the phone unless it's with my sister.

    ReplyDelete