Hubby and I had an awesome weekend getaway. We had no clue what there was to even do in this tiny desert tourist town but we didn't really care. We didn't really plan on doing much and that's exactly what we did. On the way there hubby got a sandwich from Von's. I munched on some pop chips and had a few of the cookies and some candy he picked up at the gas station. We left in the afternoon on Friday, got there around 4pm and took a nap after we checked in. The hotel was pretty modern. It had one of those European sink bowls that sit on top of the vanity which was cool except it was poorly constructed. It was too shallow causing water to splash out. We found a Mexican restaurant to eat at where the portions were huge. I agonized for a bit but in the end just went ahead and ordered what I wanted. A giant Chicken Quesadilla and a Miller Light. I munched on Tortilla chips and salsa too. My mind was racing with thoughts of how badly I was screwing things up but I just sort of threw my hands up. It seems that even when I really try to restrict when I'm on vacation the numbers still go up. I'd have to eat like a bird the way I normally do at home to avoid it so what's the point? We went to the hot tub that night. Much later that night hubby and I FINALLY had sex. It has been sooooooo long!! I can't even remember when the last time was. Anyhow, it was pretty cool. It felt awesome and normal to be aroused and turned on. I've decided not to worry about how often we do it-or don't do it-as the case may be. I just think that hubby's sex drive hasn't been that high lately and mine is pretty low. That combined with the busy day to day of work and life and our sex life has been kaput. But I truly don't feel that our relationship is suffering in any way.
On Saturday we found this random restaurant to eat at and I had Navy Bean soup for the first time ever. I'd never even heard of it. It was good. I did the soup and side salad combo. In addition to a giant breakfast hubby ordered a giant cinnamon roll. I stole a few longing sideways glances at it and snagged a few bites. We didn't do much for the day. We slept in pretty late then went to Bed Bath & Beyond. I finally bought some sunglasses over at Marshall's. Only $10 bucks! We stopped at the grocery store for some wine to drink at the pool. The pool area was like party central. Music blasting and people drinking and socializing. On my way back from the hot tub this lady called me over to her cabana and asked me, "How do you do it?" How do you keep your stomach so toned and flat? It was very strange that a perfect stranger was asking me this but it was flattering. Especially in this pool scene. There were a lot of rich LA types there. Girls in full make up, perfectly blown out hair, and high heels hanging out pool side. You could tell that everyone was sort of scoping out everyone else's bikini and the body that was under it. I told her that I stuck to about 1200 calories a day and exercised about 2-3 times a week. Which is mostly accurate although that 1200 is actually more like 1000 or less when I'm being a "good girl." It was a nice little ego booster to say the least which I need every now and then especially since I've been feeling like such a fat ass lately. We ordered room service that night. A giant Spaghetti with meat sauce meal and garlic bread that we split. I went to bed full again.
Sunday morning we slept in pretty late again and then checked out. We stopped at Ruby's Diner on the way home. They put calories on the menu which I always like. I got an egg beater omelet. It came with potatoes and toast. I ate the potatoes but only had 1/2 of one of the two pieces of toast. I vowed I would not eat anything else that day. I lied of course because later on that night we had popcorn while we watched a movie. Oh well. As soon as I got home I threw myself into cleaning the house. I normally don't clean on Sunday but we were both taking Monday off so I just wanted it DONE. Plus, getting my body moving would at least burn some calories considering I absolutely could not find the motivation to work out at the hotel. It took me about 3 hours. I cleaned out and re organized our storage closet too. It was so nice to get away from the house with hubby. The house is where a lot of those annoying habits that have been getting on my nerves manifest. It was nice to get a break from that and we had a really great time together as always.
Today I went to the car wash then to the gym but first I went shopping!! I spent about $275 on two pairs of knee high leather boots from Aldo. I love their shoes. One of them I had them order because I'd seen it online and they didn't have it in the store. I haven't actually seen them yet but I'm hoping I like them. I got Perchinski in Camel for $130 and Dair in black for $119 on sale down from $180. Aside from a few longs sleeved shirts and a black cardigan I don't plan on doing any other Fall shopping. It feels good to actually have some spending money again. At the gym my heart rate monitor actually worked. I'm still watching it so we'll see how it goes from there. If it works I'll keep it and maybe get a chest strap one down the road. I just did 30 minutes on the elliptical and then stretching and crunches. When I got home hubby had turned our kitchen into a cookie factory. Oh my the smells. He made a ton for some work event. Warm freshly baked cookies are so gooey and delicious. I ended up eating two. We had Subway for dinner.
I totally expected my weight to be way up but imagine my surprise when I was 113.5 this morning. The same I was when I left on Friday. Even with all of that food. It doesn't make any sense but then again when has my body every made much sense anyways? I did take super cleanse starting Friday night just so I could poop but it's very strange that being as strict as I was I left at 113.5 and came back the same after all that pigging out. I'll take it though. I was very bad and I expected to be severely punished but I sort of got away with it and I think I deserve to for a change. I plan to get back to restricting and continue to strive for 112 again. Back to work tomorrow.
I am glad that you had fun- I just love reading how you deal with the "food" days..
ReplyDeleteI also want to say thanks for all your comments- it means a whole lot to me :) Sometimes it feels like you guys believe more in me- than I do in my self. Thanks
<3
I'm so glad you had such a blast on your getaway :) You really deserve a regular dose of amazing in your life. And you didn't even gain - what a bonus!
ReplyDeletePS - Those boots are beautiful :)
Dont you think it's weird that you count calories so religiously but your weight does whatever it wants? Why does it work like that?
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you! That sounds like a great weekend. Nice you didn't have to pay for it on the scales. And yay for sex and cute boots :)
ReplyDeleteAww, your getaway sounds awesome! I'm so glad you got to get out of town and have a little fun and relaxation. You definitely deserve it. So happy you were able to eat what you wanted, too, and maintain your weight. Three cheers all around!!
ReplyDeleteYou're so sweet. Thanks for the encouragement - don't envy my drive to run, it's really because it prevents me from being depressed and helps me be not so fat.
ReplyDeleteIt seems like you had a really nice trip away! I assume you live in CA - which I hadn't realize until just now. I used to live in San Diego, and my bf lives in Costa Mesa, if that means anything :) Please show us some pictures of you wearing the boots when you can.
Your little getaway sounds awesome! I want to go on one!! And that's awesome about your weight, everyone deserves a break once in ahile!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful trip and YAY no weight gain after all those yummy meals!! Are bodies are so weird like that.....I don't think I'll ever understand it.
ReplyDeleteOMFG, Aldo is my haven. I even keep all my shoes in individual tupperwear air locked containers. Shoe issues?? Yes most definatley. But at least it's a healthy one. Lol. YAY FOR SHOES!!!