Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

To hell with it

I had another 3 day weekend. We had a power outage throughout the entire city on Thursday evening so I got to leave work a bit early. It came back on again in the middle of the night. Then, that morning I got a message that our office was shut down for Friday so I didn't have to go in. It was like a gift. I was soooo happy. I took that opportunity to go to the gym so I managed to get my 2 work outs for the week in. I took the super cleanse from Thursday until Monday of last week. I was really backed up and uncomfortable so I needed it. I took a dump on Tuesday and didn't go again until Saturday without it but I didn't feel backed up. From Wednesday on I gained 1/2 lb each day. Not preferable but I'm feeling ok about it as long as I stay under 114. I was on budget calorie wise until the weekend.

Friday we went out for drinks and I did stay in budget but still gained. I restricted all day but had beer and a bunch of carbs. Saturday we went out for an early dinner and I wanted to get a burger or chicken sandwich with fries soooo bad but I'm glad I stuck with the chopped salad because I drank a bunch of light beer. I peed it out which is good because that means I'm not retaining water; another one of my curses.  Yesterday was kind of weird because I'd eat and not really gain much. Weird but nice. I made cinnamon covered biscuits for breakfast per hubby's request. The Pillsbury biscuits I use to make them come in a 10 pack so hubby and I each had five. I plugged it into my recipe calculator and they are 123 calories each! Of course I shouldn't have had five especially since I knew hubby wanted Pizza for dinner but for some reason I was just sort of like to hell with it. I weighed in after that and I gained just 1/2 pound. Then, I had 3 of a small 8 slice frozen cheese pizza AND bread sticks. Again, I was just sort of like to hell with it. Probably, because I knew the Super Cleanse would help move it along. In between that I had a serving of Fiber 1 cereal (dry), pretzels and a small piece of bread. My calories for the day were a whopping 1,700! I weighed in that night and I'd only gone up another 1/2 pound to 114. Why can't that always happen for me? I've eaten much less for dinner and gained a whole pound. The body is so unpredictable.

This morning I was up 1/2 pound from yesterday to 113.5 which was actually acceptable given what I ate and then I took a Super Cleanse induced dump dropping me down to 112.5 lbs. It seems to take me about 3 over a two day period to induce a dump (hubby can take one in the morning and go 3 X that same day!!). I took one Saturday night, Sunday morning, Sunday night and then one more this morning. I won't take anymore until the next time I eat out which probably won't be until next weekend OR unless I start to feel really backed up which I'm hoping won't happen. I'm really not trying to rely on this pill. Still working on the drink more water thing.

Oh, one good thing is the scales have been matching for about a week now. It makes me feel better. Jeez...I sure do weigh myself a lot.  Soooo much number crunching...so much attention paid to bodily functions and food....it's all in a day's work.  Blogger is doing some weird thing where it's acting like I'm not signed in but obviously I am since I'm writing this post, so I'm not able to comment at the moment. OK. Guess I should actually start working now.

Soo...I figured out how to get myself to be able to comment...then I realize blogger never even published my post to dashboard so I'm re posting.  It shouldn't take three hours.  Hmfff.

6 comments:

  1. My body does the same thing! Sometimes I'll eat a crap load of crap and the following morning's weigh-in isn't as tragic as expected. However, at other times, I'll barely eat anything and still gain a pound by the next morning. What the heck?!

    Oh BTW, my husband is also a "dumping" machine. He never has problems with being backed up. Is it strange that I'm slightly jealous?! Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah bodies are great. They just love messing with the brain running the whole operation lol. I will have to get that super cleanse stuff. Glad you're weekend was a nice one, and thanks for all your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get the whole number crunching thing. It's all the time now, and before I used to be able to tune it out if I wanted. Now literally everything that goes in my mouth, good or bad, is counted and analysed and thought about. Every toilet trip is accounted for. Every step I walk goes into a calculator.

    It's so tiring.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I've completely pigged out on one occasion and stayed the same weight yet eaten under 1000cals and then gained the next day...I think weight has a lot more to do with water retention and lack of number 2's which is why I have severely cut down on salt intake and upped my water, fibre and caffeine intake - when I say caffeine I mean Coke Zero, it really is the only thing that keeps me regular! Although I'm sure it's worse for me in the long run. I love cooking for my bf but then I have to eat it, I can't cook him what I eat because he turns his nose up at it! The neurosis is common to all of us here with the scales problem, I've now taken to weighing myself before bed (I usually lose about 1.4lb overnight) to see what I'll weigh in the morning.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I weigh myself a TON. I always feel like if I don't know what I weigh then I won't have control over my eating.

    And I don't know WHY men always seem to have easy BMs but it's totally not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have also had the same problems with backing up!! Sucks the big one!!

    ReplyDelete