I've been flip flopping back and forth between 113 and 113.5. It's super annoying. I get home from work or the gym (I went twice this week) and I'll be 0.5 down from morning weigh in which is good. Ideally, if whatever I eat only causes me to gain .5 then I go to bed at morning weight and I can expect to weigh 1/2 pound less the next day. Well, that hasn't been working out so well. I've been eating pretty light dinners this week and trying not to snack much but I end up gaining a whole pound after dinner and then when I drop 0.5 overnight it puts me right back to the weight I was at the day before. So I'll wake up at 113 or 113.5, get home from work and weigh 1/2 lb less at 112.5 or 113, eat and go up 1 pound to 113.5 or 114, then go to bed losing 1/2 lb overnight and be right back at 113 or 113.5 again the next day. So annoyed. My body is holding onto whatever I put in my mouth right now and it really sucks. I'd hoped to be 112 by Saturday which is the dreaded pizza party day. I start school next week which may cut into my gym time which is only 2x per week as it is (sometimes a 3rd if I'm feeling particularly desperate) so I wanted to be at a good number to start with.
So far this week has been left over beef stew on Monday, a hot dog on Tuesday, and Sandwich with deli meat last night. My calories have been under 1k every day. By the way roasting the hot dogs over our fire pit was awesome. Hubby did not get the fat free ones like I asked but he got the regular Hebrew Nationals which aren't as bad as some. I got to get the outside edges perfectly charred and crispy and it was the best hot dog I've had in a long time. Tonight I'll be having another sandwich with 1 serving of Fat Free pringles. We got the good meat that they cut in the grocery store and I put it on sandwich thins. Delicious. I'll have the same thing tonight.
Work is sort of picking up but still delightfully slow enough which is fine with me. My car is making a funny noise so I scheduled an appointment for Saturday. Please don't let it be anything major. I found out what the cost was for replacing the AC unit in my condo. The unit itself was $980 dollars and the damn handy man they used charged $300 to install it. WTF!!! My management company does a huge disservice to it's clients by hiring exorbitantly expensive vendors to do the work. That's what I told them too when they tried to charge 1k to replace carpet and 1k to clean this tiny condo. They are at it again and it's freaking ridiculous. They don't even seem to care that they are ripping folks off. I KNOW there has to have been a better price for that unit. If I were handy I'd take care of it myself but I'm not so I'm at their mercy. Crap like that is why I simply can't afford to keep that condo and I'm so glad I stopped paying the mortgage. Pretty soon I won't have to deal with any of it. That puts the time when I should receive a rent check at October now since I owe for that on top of everything else I've been trying to pay back but I don't care as much as I did when I was actually making the mortgage payment. Once I finally do get a rent check it'll just be extra money to replenish my savings and recoup some of the money I've sunk into that place. I'm not feeling as bad about telling my tenant now. I don't think she realizes that I've not collected a dime of rent since she moved in there in April and she knows that I had to evict the prior one for non payment. When she hears that I'm basically being bankrupted and that my loan contract requires me to live there forever she has to understand why I can't continue on anymore.
Gymnastics is coming on! It's the VISA Championships. I'm so excited. Prelims for the US Women is tonight and then Finals is on Saturday. Both are set to record. Day one starts before I get home tonight and I didn't realize it was coming on a channel we get so I e mailed hubby and he set it up to record from his i Phone app. I'll be out on Saturday so probably won't be able to watch that one until after it's over but that's fine as long as I get to see it. Thank goodness for DVR!!!
Two things: First, wow-- working out 2x/week and keeping at 113/113.5 is enviable!!! I am so jealous of that right now =P BUT, I am shorter, 115, and even though I eat almost nothing during the day, I night eat like a hog =( I didn't night eat for a week and lost 10 pounds. Grr!! But anyway, I think you are doing AMAZING!!
ReplyDeleteSecond, even though I wrote that the VISA Championships were on today on my desktop, on my calendar, and on my phone... I FORGOT!!! =\ Aaaaaahhhh!! =( SP) mad about that... But at least I will see finals... pending any stupid forgetfulness there! haha. DAMN IT!! =\
(PS, I think it's on again at 11 on another channel- Direct TV!!! I'M EXCITED!!! THANK YOU for reminding me so I could search for it and see the repeat! Haha)
ReplyDeleteIt seems like you've just hit a plateau.
ReplyDeleteYou should check out this article: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/weight-loss-plateau/MY01152
Also, sometimes my body does this, and I honestly just wait it out. As long as you don't GAIN at your current exercise/calorie levels, you're still okay and your metabolism is intact. At this point, I try to help out my metabolism. The only ways to do this are:
1.) Eat more metabolism boosting foods. Check out this article: http://www.fitnesstipsforlife.com/10-foods-to-raise-your-metabolism.html
2.) Exercise more (more muscle on your body makes it easier for your body to function and therefore your metabolism speeds up a bit). AND bursts of higher heart rate jump-start it a bit, so even if you just throw in running in place for 2 mins before you get in the shower, the higher heart rate will help.
3.) Caffeine. It's horrible, but true. It does speed up your metabolism which is why it's in so many diet drugs.
I would say look at not just your calories, but the TYPE of calories you eat and build some muscle.
Ah I hate that feeling.. when you're hardly eating anything yet your body seems to be holding on to every little crumb and you maintain and/or gain a little bit. I'm sure you'll get through this though. I know you're really good about staying on track and being patient. I also remember reading a similar post or two in your archives, and your weight always seemed to eventually drop.
ReplyDeleteI love DVR too! I record practically everything since I go to bed early-ish. And the best part about it is that you can fast-forward right through all the commericals :)
Wait out the plateau and keep it up. Don't get too worried, it'll go- sometimes your body just needs a bit o' time! Good luck hun!
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about the dreaded plateau. Maybe it's a metabolism thing? I've been looking into more for myself. But then again your metabolism doesn't sound slowed... I'm pretty sure you'll break through it! :o) And 113 at your height is still something to be proud of.
ReplyDeleteYour weight is awesomely low regardless.
ReplyDeleteAnd yay, I love watching gymanstics!
awesome advise from Cally C. luv her! i'm going to take a look at her recommendations too cuz i'm going through the exact same thing! we'll get through it though! i don't much have the energy for the extra exercise right now so i'd like to seek alternative metabolism boosting techniques but i don't do diet pills and don't want to get caught up in bad habits...i have enough of them already. my plan is to rev it up starting in Sept.
ReplyDeletecar problems are the worst, you just can't catch a financial break, can you?!?!?! so sorry 'bout that!
i'd luv to hear more about how you and hubby split your bills (other than your condo) i'm just fascinated by it. my best friend does it that way too. my hubby and i have always just combined our income. i never say "no" to what he wants but i restrain my spending cuz i came into the marriage with two kids and he is more than willing to support all of us as am i willing to support his need for golf and fashion (he luvs nice clothes and shoes). i don't mind at all the way we have things. but i just wonder how couples come up with what works for them.