Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I No Pay

I decided to let the condo foreclose.  I just don't see any other way out.  The loan agreement I signed says I have to live there or sell.  They did ok me to rent but it expires in 1 year and is considered temporary so that I can move back or sell.  Can't sell, can't move back so I might as well get this over with.  I might have waited a bit longer to skip the payment to give my tenant more time but I'm not even getting the rental income because the property manager keeps it to pay old debt I owe from the trashing the last tenant did and maintenance issues that keep popping up since.  To pay this month then not pay next month is basically throwing away money.  Money I don't have.  I still haven't figured out when and how to have this conversation with my tenant who is also my friend.  I hope she will not hate me.  I already feel a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders.  I'm still scared and it's weird to just not pay and have bill collectors after me trying to get me to pay up.  It sucks to have my perfect credit trashed but this is the right decision.  Supposedly the bank won't come after me after they take the property back and I should have no tax liability.  It's a bad investment money pit and no good will come out of me keeping it.  If I don't do this my whole life will be dictated by that condo and I will basically be broke forever.  It's just not the way I want to live if I don't have to and it was really making me depressed.  I redeemed the credit card points I'd earned for gift cards in case they cancel me.  I only have about $300 on one card so if they jack up the rates oh well.  Since I won't have to worry about the mortgage payment this month I was able to buy a B Day gift for my nephew and my sister when I would not have been able to afford to otherwise.  I have money to pay for my classes and books now and I don't feel stressed out about using more gas if I have to take an extra trip in my car.  I won't freak out if hubby wants to do something.  I work for a living so I want to be able to enjoy life too.  I'm still not going to be rolling in dough.  I don't make a whole lot, there are lots of things I can't afford and I'll always be on a budget but I like to be able to buy things here and there and take little trips if I want to.  I'd like to be able to get a pedicure now and then you know?  I am officially late on my payment as of today.  I expect harassing phone calls to start any day now.  I'll probably pay hubby back the $300 he loaned me even though he literally is rolling in dough because he is collecting GI Bill money for school and he's gotten paid more for all of this work travel he's been doing.  He's your husband it was a loan why pay him back you ask?  Cause it's just me.  I'm fiercely independent-at least I try to be and it'll make me feel better in some twisted way.  

112 lbs eludes me at the moment.  It's funny because I did so well and managed not to gain after dining out Saturday night but then I sort of over snacked on Sunday, blew it and gained .5.  I did a quickie 30 minute work out at the gym last night (270 cals) and I'm back down to 113 lbs today so I really need to be good.  Hubby has decided he wants hot dogs tonight.  Random.  Well, he thought it would be fun to roast them outside in our fire pit.  I'm asking him to get the fat free ones.  He has poker night on Thursday and I just found out he's going out of town AGAIN this weekend.  We got some good sandwich fixings so we are going to have sandwiches on Wednesday night then I have Thursday night and Friday night totally to myself to eat what I want.  I'll have to be really disciplined at my nephew's pizza party on Saturday.  Pizza is my all time weakness so I don't know how that will go but I'll still have Sunday to myself for any damage control necessary. 

Comments:
Kitty:   Have to tried adding green tea and prunes to your diet and see if it helps? 
No, I haven't tried green Tea for BM issues. I probably wouldn't hurt try the green tea as it would be great back up but I get really nervous about drinking too much liquids.  Prunes...sound icky.  But they are just giant raisins right?  And I like raisins so I might like them.  I started with Fiber 1 the end of last year and it has helped A LOT!  It's been a lifesaver for me and made me more regular then I've ever been in a long time.  I do still have issues now and then...obviously.

6 comments:

  1. I understand about the independence thing, all my friends said that since I was a student i should let my bf help me out and I shouldn't be expected to pay him back but I just can't do that. The thought of being dependent on someone terrifies me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know much about the foreclose process but it sounds like you've done your research and that it's going to be the best decision for you. I'm glad it means more money and less stress for you.

    Good luck at the party, pizza is one of my weaknesses too ahh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. boy, i can feel the stress just melt away. thank goodness you can just move on to the next step of just dealing with the repercussions and hopefully just be done with it all sooner than later. dragging it on and postponing the agony seems so daunting...you're a good decision maker!

    ah, eating your way...you know i luv that! no one influencing you into making bad choices....enjoy your nites of free choice :)

    ps. i luv prunes and i now take a probiotic to help balance the bm issues i have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm amazed at how much we have in common. My hubby was also in the military, so I know how tough it is having him come and go all the time. As for the foreclosure, it sounds like you're making a wise choice. I wouldn't worry too much about your credit. You're young; before you know it you're credit will bounce back. I had to file for bankruptcy a few years ago and surprisingly my credit isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. So there's hope! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it gets better. I leave college after next year, and the thought of being a real adult and facing these terrifying problems freaks me out. You seem to be handling it well and doing whats best for you at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your money situation.

    Sometimes it's okay to just accept that you can't/won't do something.

    I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete