From the looks of my blogger dashboard I'm not the only one that screwed up so how about I join in and tell my tale of woe and total weekend failure huh? Ok, to give myself credit I did fine on Friday and Sunday. So if you'll remember Thursday night was my freebie yum yum Pizza night. Freebie in that I did not suffer any consequences on the scale. To be on the safe side I made sure to stay under 1K on Friday.
Saturday night was dinner out with hubby. I made sure to restrict all day (which is really rough when dinner isn't until 7pm) and had the best of intentions as we headed out that night. Don't we always? I was good and starving but planning on ordering soup and side salad because this place has a bread basket that always does me in. Hubby tried to convince me to, "Just order the Chicken Caesar Salad or something else besides plain old soup and salad that you can get anywhere since I'm not even going to be around to make you eat later." I might as well have for all the good my so called good choice did me. I put in my soup/salad order and proceeded to tear apart the bread. One problem. I had to order an entree in order for us to use our Anniversary coupon the restaurant sent us. Fine, I'll just eat half. I ordered steak with a side of rice. The waiter still gave me my soup anyways so I ate all my salad and had a couple spoonfuls of soup. When my entree came I ate about half the steak and a couple bites of rice and took the rest of it home. So, what's the problem right? Doesn't sound like too bad of a night. The problem is that somehow I still managed to consume 1,600 calories at dinner!! Somehow, before I know it I've totally blown it. It happens so fast. It's like some strange phenomenon. A strange phenomenon called pigging out syndrome. What killed me is the bread, the wine and the damn dessert that I still can't even figure out why I ordered since I said I wasn't going to anymore. Oh, I know why I ordered it....'cause I LOVE Molten Chocolate Lava Cake and have no willpower. I didn't even share it! Hubby ordered his own dessert. I try to be as honest as possible with myself when calculating calories. The most decadent single molten lava cake I found online that is a good size was 470 and 4oz (L3"xW3"x H1.44" according to the website) so I went with that and just added in a 2.5 oz scoop of ice cream ('cause it was small) for 162 cals and grand total of 623!!. Whatever!!! 1,797 calorie fail for the day. But you see, even just without dessert I would have done really well but could I say NO? NO!!!!! My stomach felt so was full of bread and wine that by that time that I almost felt like it couldn't get much worse.
| Tiny, Delicious, Evil. My downfall. |
I got way buzzed on just a few sips of wine which was fun (thank you empty stomach). Overall the indulgence was worth it for me 'cause it was a nice dinner out with hubby and all that jazz but I'm no less annoyed with myself. I wish I could just flip off the switch and quit with the pigging out when I go out to eat already. It's getting really old. I'm going on Vacation next month and I DO NOT want to come home 5 lbs heavier or worse and have to deal with damage control mode. I HATE damage control mode. I prefer maintenance mode thank you very much. Yesterday I wanted to eat one of my left over slices of Pizza but it's too heavy to risk for a day after pigging out even if I stayed in budget. I had last weeks left over beans (to encourage a nice BM) and left over bread from the restaurant for dinner and stayed under 1K. I was 113.5 the morning after so that was only 1 lb up. I took a dump yesterday evening and then another this morning right before weigh in (good timing) and am at 113 today. I went to the gym yesterday and burned 568 cals and I'm either going today and/or tomorrow. We'll see.
Hubby is gone. I cried when he left. It's no longer then any of the other times but this is the 3rd big trip this year and he is going out of the country this time. I probably won't even get to talk to him. That morning I watched him like a hawk. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. He was doing his last minute packing. We cuddled a bit in bed then we hung out downstairs while he ate. The house felt so empty and lonely after he drove off. I went off to the gym right after that so it kept my mind off of it. Sunday was our 1 year wedding anniversary but we have a bit of anniversary confusion because we actually got married in November of 2008 but kept it a secret. Our wedding was in July of last year, over a year later. Our wedding day was awesome and more wonderful then I dreamed it would be so it's not a bad day to celebrate and it's the day everyone knows about but November is the real day. Last year we got married in July and then I don't even think we really did anything in November to specifically honor our actual wedding date. This year I don't know what we are doing. We went to a nice dinner Saturday night so I guess that counts. I don't really care though. We do plenty of fun things in between and I don't care that much about getting gifts so whether or not we do anything specifically for our anniversary isn't a big deal to me.
| Shame on me!!!!! |
mmm.. That cake looks heavenly yummy..
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks honey. I am going to push the wedding madness away and enjoy the last weeks as much as possible.
<3
I find that when I'm out with my bf I eat more than if we're with lots of friends, I think it's a comfort thing - somehow they make us feel alright whilst we're eating it! I'm sure the hardcore gym sessions will take it all away again, don't fret yourself too much! Stress is baaaaad. xx
ReplyDeleteOooh sweetie, it was your Anniversary, you are definitely allowed to slack off your diet on such an important day and enjoy the evening :) You'll lose the grams gained that day in no time!xx
ReplyDeleteUgh, well at least we all fucked up. Misery loves company, or something like that. I am also not the type of gal that likes a fuss over anniversaries. To me, a fuss makes me feel uncomfortable. I'd much rather relax. Hope everything goes better today!
ReplyDeleteOh! Molten Lava Cake is evil. It's so warm and gooey and yummy. I have a habit of getting one when I go to Applebees. The place my husband and I go most often has a Chocolate Stout Cake that they make with their own stout and it's AMAZING. I can't resist it so I always have to factor it into my plan. Because I know I will eat it.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary! I love reading about you and your hubby. You two seem so cute. Also, that cake looks delicious!! These "slip ups" happen but you seem really good about getting right back on track so I'm sure you'll have no problem there.
ReplyDeleteMmmmm, that looks SO YUMMY!!! <3
ReplyDeleteYou do such a great job, don't let your little setbacks weigh you down (figuratively, of course!). You inspire me because you are so disciplined and encouraging and you always, always fix anything that goes wrong.
You're amazing! :)
Awwwww....Thanks Sophie. Let's just hope I can keep it up!
ReplyDeleteAwww no we all had a rough weekend! Weird how that seems to always happen.
ReplyDeleteYou'll be back on track in not time though - like Sophie said - you're one of my inspirations because you are so focussed and strong! xx
I struggle at restaurants too. I just want EVERYTHING.
ReplyDeleteSorry your husband is gone again. That must be so hard. At least your house will be super clean : )
Ugh that cake looks DIVINEEE. I have such a weakness for chocolate, it's sooooo bad! But yeah, I know what you mean about the pigging out syndrome, as you call it. It's like some on/off switch that I can't control. It's like when I'm on, I become this whole other ravenous person, and all I care about is food and where I'm going to get it. Food is TOTALLY a drug. sucks that your husband left, don't get too lonely! RaeLynn
ReplyDelete