So last night what hubby wanted for dinner was Pizza. He didn't even wait until I got home to inquire about it. He was already texting me while I was at work that he wanted it from one of our favorite spots. We've dined there twice and never got a pizza to go so it took me a minute to figure it out. A movie and Pizza? Sounds good to me. We took his car to go pick it up which I feel bad about because we've been doing that a lot lately but I've got to conserve my gas because I'm broke. Normally I'd offer to pay for the pizza but I've not been doing any of that either for same reason. These slices are large and heavy. Technically, I probably should have only had one because of their size but I consider two slices of normal pizza to be reasonable so I figured to hell with it. It was so delicious, cheesy and worth every bite. I did it relatively worry free because I knew that Hubby would be gone today so I could restrict. He comes back for Saturday evening and leaves again Sunday morning when I can restrict again to make up for it. Also, my heavy cardio days at the gym are Monday and Tuesday. I had damage control time lined up and ready to go if need be so I just enjoyed every bite for what it was. Heavenly! I did some more calorie calculations because I weighed a slice on the sly when hubby wasn't looking and it's definitely heavier then any other pizza I already had in my calorie tracker. I calculate about 420 a slice!! We have only ever eaten their small pizzas so we had no idea how Large it was going to be and have already agreed next time we'll get a Medium. That was 1,254 for the day. I didn't gorge myself and pig out on all kinds of crap and that number is higher then the budget but not terribly so. I didn't feel too bad about it although I couldn't help but worry about the scale this morning. When it said 112.5 lbs again same as yesterday I was shocked. In fact I still almost don't believe it. That's without a dump even. Hoping that will happen soon. I feel like I got away with murder which I always love. I normally pay for my indulgences so I think I deserve a little freebie every now and then.
I still wasn't hungry this morning after such a heavy dinner so I skipped my coffee and switched around some work snacks. I've thought about having another piece of pizza today but I won't push my luck. We are supposed to do dinner out tomorrow so I better not. I'll go easy today with just some snacking when I get home and restricting up until dinner tomorrow. Work is still BORING. I got one itty bitty project to do. Other then that I've been Internet surfing and chatting with co workers to pass the time. I'm going to go home and spend my Friday night watching a movie. Only 15 minutes until I'm outta here. Thank god I made it.
Comments:
- It is very comforting to know that I'm not the only one prefers to eat my Peanut Butter out of the container. It's already delicious but I swear it tastes even better when it comes straight from the jar.
- Mich: Thanks for the offer of your co workers with legal knowledge regarding landlord/tenant issues. Hopefully I won't need it. I'll be calling them within the next couple weeks to question my statements.
I like peanut butter out of the container too. My favorite is the Skippy Natural with Honey. It's a little sweet and sooooo tasty. It's like dessert.
ReplyDeleteI'm happy for you that you didn't gain from the pizza! That's always nice. I ate a ton of pickles last night that were low cal but LOADED with sodium. I woke up this morning so bloated my wedding band (which is normally pretty loose) was almost cutting off the circulation to my finger. I was up 3.5 pounds! But I knew it was all from the sodium so I'm not too worried. It's not like I needed to look good for anything today.
I'm sorry you get so stressed out about finances. I am glad my husband and I share one account and leave it at that. It gives me the sense that I am contributing. Even though he makes more than twice what I make, so he is obviously paying for the bulk of things. But if money's tight, we both cut back. If we have extra, we spend it together. It's WAY less stressful. I can remember when I was unemployed for a couple of months and I felt AWFUL all the time because I couldn't get a job and couldn't contribute at all. I felt useless and like a waste of space and money. It was so stressful for both of us. Even though it didn't bother him that I wasn't making money, I was upset all the time and often took it out on him.
I'm not trying to tell you what to do. Every one should do what works for them. I'm just saying I understand how stressful it can be when you feel like you're not contributing. It's a sucky feeling. I hope things get better with your property!
I'm glad you don't feel bad about the pizza at all. Honestly one day of eating two large slices of pizza really won't harm us even if we gain momentarily, but it's so hard to keep that in persepctive.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to see I'm not the only person who hopes for a dump, I hate knowing when I will go soonish, but not in time for weigh in. Drives me crazy.
Good job on enjoying that pizza without worrying too much. it's nice the way your and your hubby's schedules work out so you can restrict for a few days while he's away from work (although I'm sure you miss him, so maybe not always so nice!). Finances and money and bills are so stressful, but you seem to be on top of that all buget-wise, which is great because so many people are horrible with their finances and are in a ton of debt. I know it's hard and frustrating when you don't have enough to do things you'd like to, but hopefully things will get better.
ReplyDeleteIt is very good (and healthy!) to take the time to eat something delicious every now and again without stressing out. Lovely!
ReplyDelete