After going through all of that emotional turmoil and anxiety over money I'm doing better now. I'm broke but the bills got paid and I'm dealing with my situation. Hubby said he would be really sad if I didn't go to the family reunion so even though I feel like crap that he has to buy my ticket I agreed to go. He can usually take it or leave it about a lot of the things so the fact that he kept asking and asking finally got to me and I gave in. What else can I do? He just wants his wife to come with him and that isn't too much to ask. I finally got the strength to print out some of my rental property statements from the management company website. It's still just as confusing as ever but I found a $200 leasing fee that I don't think they should have charged since I found my own tenant. I now have to find the strength to go through the rigmarole of calling them and questioning it. I also need to ask about the $540 reduction in the cleaning fee as I don't see it reflected in the statements. I HATE their incomprehensible mumbo jumbo statements. It took me hours to try to make some sense of it and I still can't really read them. I figure what with what I have left to pay off that I won't be getting a rental check until September or October at the earliest. It's going to be a super tight year money wise and I'm just going have to try not to let it stress me out.
I have a confession to make. I've been eating Peanut Butter. Out of the jar with a knife. I keep Peanut Butter at work for those days that I want to treat myself and have it on my toast. One day I was just feeling so hungry I scooped out a bit with my knife and licked it off. Over the last week I've been doing it here and there. I even have been bringing 2-3 crackers to work with me to spread it on (Hubby gave me a funny look this morning when he saw me put just 3 crackers into a sandwich bag). I try not to do more then a Tablespoon but it's so good that what I really want to do is grab a giant spoon and gobble it up. I actually think it's helped me not to be as hungry later in the day. I feel like I'm wanting to munch on something more because I'm bored and less because I'm actually ravenous. My body seems to really love 112.5 lbs lately. That's been my number for the last couple days now and that is fine by me. It's a number I like and a maintain is ALWAYS better then a gain. Before I'd call it a plateau but now I call it maintenance. Last night I had to go to the doctor with hubby for his migraine so instead of going out to dinner we got Subway. I think we'll go to dinner on Saturday instead after he gets off work. Hubby already told me he'd be upset if I brought my own Caesar dressing so I could order the Caesar salad so I still don't know what I'm going to get. I have no idea what's for dinner tonight but I'm pretty sure he'll be asking me not too long after I walk in the door.
I love my husband so much. Last night I laid with him on the couch with the lights out because his head was hurting. We fell asleep all cuddled up until about midnight and then went up to bed. I just feel so happy and at ease when I am with him. Life is more bearable with him in it and I know I'd be a total train wreck without him. He GETS me and doesn't even think I'm crazy even though I feel like I'm losing it half the time. There are times when I get annoyed because of the food pressure I feel when he's around and his messy habits drive me up the wall but I love him way more then any of those things annoy me. He is such a sweetie. He is a good husband and I'm super lucky to have found him. I'm really going to miss him when he leaves for his next trip.
Work is KILLING me right now. Sitting at my desk like this all day with nothing to do is hurting my back and neck. It's so boring and I've surfed the net all day long. Not complaining though!!! Really. I'm getting paid to sit here and I can live with that. It'll pick up in the Fall and I'll be going bonkers so it's fine for now. I think I'll take a break soon and walk around outside the building to get out of the A/C un kink my body.
I LOVE peanut butter and I do exactly the same thing, its such a horrendous habit! I don't eat it with anything else except by the spoon straight out of the jar!
ReplyDeletexx
OH my gosh I also did a peanut-butter spoonful every day the past half-week or so! I think it is your body demanding protein. Your husband sounds like a sweetheart.
ReplyDeleteEating things with a knife always feels so much better than if you used a spoon. :D
ReplyDeleteMum always yells at me for eating peanut butter out of the jar with a knife. And my sis can't watch--it makes her cringe.
Hope everything works out with your rental. If you need any help/advice, one of the attorneys in my office handles quite a but of real estate and landlord-tenant issues. I could definitely get you some free legal advice.
Yeah I'm a massive culprit for eating stuff out of the jar, this is mainly because I can't bear the thought of spreading it on bread/toast,etc and piling up the calorie count...my favourite would have to be getting the peanut butter jar and jam jar side by side and taking a spoonful from each - my mum's Canadian so I had the whole peanut butter and jam sandwich thing growing up, also peanut butter and banana, mmmmm. Definitely a childhood comfort thing. xx
ReplyDeleteoh honey we've ALL been there! Why does it somehow taste so much more delicious straight out of the jar?
ReplyDeletexx
Oh - I am with you on the "work is killing me" part. I dont have much to do.But as you say- im paid to sit here- so I dont mind- and it is 2 weeks till I am off for a 3 week long vacation.
ReplyDeleteI have been craving peanut butter lately.. But I haven't bought a jar yet.. Eventhough I have looked at the bottle at the store and thought about buying one several times lol.. It sure is a tad silly.. but ya.. Not sure if it is the best choice for me atm.
Glad you are feeling a tad better hon. Enjoy that trip with your hubby :)