So I have pretty much decided to ditch hubby's inconsistent scale. I like it that it goes out to the 10th decimal but the inconsistency is driving me nuts. Hubby says, maybe you are standing on it wrong. Whatever. I may not be good at many things but I am a pro at weighing myself and I know when something is off. That scale had the nerve to tell me that I weighed 106 lbs Sunday night! REALLY?? That was the nail in the coffin for me. I can't trust it. Then, this morning it said 112.2, then 112.0 then back to 112.2. I am going back to my original scale which only goes to .5. It's the one I used when I was in active weight loss mode and was always the higher of the two. For some reason now it's lower which makes no sense but at least it's consistent.
I got off my butt on Sunday and went to the gym since I wasn't doing anything and I was just sitting on the couch at home alone. I burned 580 in 60 minutes which is really good for me. I did some good stretching and crunches afterwards. It meant that Monday I got to come home right after work instead of the gym. I'll go to the gym again today to knock out my two heavy cardio days this week. I have a hair appointment and dinner with a friend Wednesday then dinner with a friend on Friday. Two dining out challenges in the same week and then hubby comes back Saturday. Sunday is the fair and I pretty much know I'm having my pizza I get every year. It will be a higher cal day of course but planned and for something I really want. Not just randomness to be eating. I did pretty good last week with my friend at happy hour which was dining out challenge #1 and I am determined to do well this week too. I'm tired of having my weight dictated by dining out and feeling stressed about going places because of food. It doesn't have to be a total calorie busting day unless I let it. When I was starving myself all the time dining out was the only time I got to eat but that's not the case anymore. I restrict but I eat. I get things I enjoy so there is no need to go all out at a party or restaurant. I'm switching my mind set. Well, that's the plan anyways.
I bought a loaf of french bread from the grocery store on Saturday and by Sunday it was all gone. I love bread. I really love this bread in particular. On Saturday I ate it for dinner with melted mozzarella cheese on top. On Sunday I just ate it plain for breakfast. It was sooooo good. That bread was about 400 calories each day so I didn't get to eat much else but I stayed in budget and it was worth it. Today for dinner I'm going to have a PBJ and a candy bar that I bought from some kid outside a grocery store last month. It's just been sitting there waiting for the right time for me to eat it. I think tonight is that night. There is an investigator coming by on my lunch break to interview me about hubby because he has to renew his security clearance. It's totally weird but I already told him I won't rat him out!! I can't wait to get off work. Only 6 1/2 hours to go. That sounds awful.
| Food intake for yesterday. Not too shabby! I just love the cute little food pics |
Anonymous: You are so disciplined. wow how to you manage to restrict at home when no on is there to watch you? I feel like that's when I eat the most.
When I am alone I see it as my big chance to restrict. Two Friday's ago I was mad at myself because I ate 4 corn quesadilla's instead of 3 because I had room for it in my calorie budget and I was really hungry. My thought process is that nobody is here watching so you didn't even HAVE to eat a thing let alone 4 so you blew it. I do have a tendency to snack more on pretzels and eat my light icecream every single day when he isn't here because I feel like a pig when I do that and don't want him to see it. I really do have to fight that snacking urge when I'm home all day on weekends. There just isn't much junk already in the house so I can't do too much damage. I suppose I could raid the Fiber 1 bars, granola bars, eat an entire bag of pretzels, make 10 quesadillas and eat 'em or go out and get something. I'm just not a binger thank goodness. Even though sometimes I want to.
Aye Ell: Thanks for your scale suggestion. Perhaps there is a budget scale I can get and if I have a Bed Bath and Beyond coupon even better. At some point I will get another, ideally one that goes to 10th. I was worried about how that would look to hubby. That would mean three scales in the house! But I already told him I hate his scale and probably will get another one so hopefully he won't think that's too weird
That is one cute and detailed food log. What application/site is it?
ReplyDeleteLove the log, I agree- what app is it?!
ReplyDelete