Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Binge Day

To die for!!!!
111.8 lbs

The good thing about being below your maintenance weight is you can have a binge day, gain and still be happy with your weight.  Imagine that.  Hubby and I re did our 2nd date from 3 years ago.  During that time I was restricting as usual and probably hadn't had pizza in a while.  So when we went out to pizza I ate a whole 10" pie by myself.  He probably thought I was a pig.  I LOVE pizza so I didn't care.  I went to the gym in the morning and burned about 300 measly calories just so I'd feel better about pigging out.  I'd woken up at 110.8 that morning so I knew I had room to spare.   I've been looking forward to this pizza pig out for a while.  I'd done tons of research to try to determine the calorie count.  I was ready!  We were starving by the time we got there.  It was totally unchanged from 3 years ago the last time we were there.  We started with garlic bread and beer.  Everything was delicious!  I ended up one slice short of eating the whole thing.  I was full.  I'd gotten my pizza and binge fix so I didn't see the point of stuffing anymore in.  I think it was good for me to do this.  Pigging out was awesome and all but I think I could have stopped sooner and still been OK.  It's good to experience that and see that stuffing your face isn't totally all it's cracked up to be.  It didn't stop there.  There was gummy bears at the beach and then Peanut M & M's at the movies.  It was fun, fun, fun!!  I really enjoyed my date with hubby AND not being so concerned about what I was eating.

I ran upstairs to weigh in when I got home after the beach.  We had some time to kill before our movie started.  Only 112.4.  I gained exactly 1.6 lbs from the days indulgences and that was right in my weight maintenance range so I didn't even care.  I actually thought it would be more considering all the pizza I ate.   I even ate the Peanut M & M's at the movies AFTER knowing this.  They would increase my calorie budget for the day but I'd already busted that as was the plan. So what!  I knew it wouldn't make me gain any more then I already had.  M & M's are calorific but it's only ounces of food.  Not very heavy.  I forgot how good they are!  This must be what it feels like for a skinny girl who eats what she wants without thinking twice and stays skinny.   The difference with me is that I can't do it every day.  If I worked out HARD every day maybe I could maintain....but that 'aint happening.  Were I to do it again today and the day after I'd be out of my weight range faster then I could say "I'm fat"  but one day of it was nice.  I've got two sweat days at the gym on Monday and Tuesday to balance things out.  I don't even NEED to lose.  I did gain but it was a bit like having my cake and eating it to because I was low enough to start so I didn't gain enough to make me uncomfortable.

Part of our all day date was go cart racing.  It was 10 minutes of trying to control this car around corners and it actually felt a bit like a work out on my upper body when I got up.  I'm not sure but I think somehow it's made me sore.  I've got these two knobby little bones on either side of my tailbone and by the time we went to the movies that night they were really sore.  They hurt when I roll over on them and even as I'm sitting here in the couch.  Hubby of course says, I need to put some meat on my bones.  It's one of his favorite things to tease me about lately.

It's strange that my binge day is the number of calories that "normal" people eat every day.  It's a little embarrassing because I usually don't eat this much but I'm going to post my daily log from a binge day anyways.  I pigged out and lived to tell about it!!!  I deserve a T Shirt.  My lunch alone was over 1K.  My goodness!!  So today will just be about keeping the cals low and not over snacking.  Hubby already tried to get me to eat pancakes and I basically demanded "NO."  I understand he cares and wants to make sure I'm feeding myself enough but c'mon.  I've been eating what he wants me to since he got home and he's got to let up or else it's just going to totally piss me off.  He can't dictate every meal.  He backed off.  I'll be hanging around the house all day today.  It was so nice waking up to an entire day stretched out of me with nothing to do.  

Daily Report for Saturday June 11, 2011

Daily Log
Breakfast
60
Cereal, Original½ Cup60
Lunch
1,178
Beer, light, can/btl, 12 fl oz10 Fluid ounces86
Pizza, Veg, Hand Toss, 10"(1/6=105g)5 Slices832
Bread, Garlic2 Each260
Snacks
385
Candy, Gummy Bears, Haribo 20 Pieces165
Candy, Chocolate, Peanuts¼ Cup220
Exercise
314
Elliptical 27030 min270
Stretching25 min33
Situps5 min11

Nutrients
Fat58g29%
Saturated Fat22g
Cholesterol55mg
Sodium2417mg
Carbohydrates258g58%
Fiber20g
Sugars59g
Protein56g13%

Summary
Food Calories1,623
Exercise Calories314
Net Calories1,309
+/- Calories315
Weight110.8

4 comments:

  1. I am proud of you for being ok with your binge day! That is a good perspective you have, & life is to be enjoyed, even including food some times! After all of your hard work, a day like that is earned. And I enjoy checking out your food log, it is super organized & nice to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's below my daily maintenance budget, I could eat like that and still maintain, so long as I exercise. Stay strong, like bamboo. Bend without breaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your binge day was only 1623 total (1309 net!!)?? LOL

    I really wish my binge days were that low. When I get going, I'm lucky to stay below 4000. I'm a true binge eater though....with a "bottom less" stomach.

    That pizza looks amazing! I'm so glad you enjoyed your day. You freakin deserve it!


    ~MLM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, if only my binge days were that low too! But good for you for being flexible. I want to get to that point.

    Have you ever heard of Meal Snap. You take a picture of your food and then it tells you the probable calorie range. MealSnap.com - it's like a $3 app and might be worth looking into.

    ReplyDelete