Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

Open Mouth Insert Snack

112 lbs

I did have that Bloomingdale's receipt after all so I returned my Med skinny jeanz leggings and managed to find a Small at Macy's.  Yeah!  That's done.  This week I did my obligatory two 30 minute minimum work outs at the gym and other then that I come home watch TV and eat.  I feel like such a slug spending so much time on the couch with my precious DVR and remote in hand.  I could be reading or taking a class or many other such productive things but I'm lazy.  Work has been slow because it's Summer and that's been nice.  I've been surfing the internet a lot but I am getting some work done...in my own time.  Bills due in June are paid up.  I'm letting a little bit roll over into the next month.  My shopping days are done for the foreseeable future.  I have to buy a plane ticket soon for our August trip.  And that damn condo is trying to bankrupt me again.  Now the AC unit is broken and someone broke into the mailbox.  Wonder how much that is going to cost me.  It's two days past and they haven't even cut our checks for rent paid in May.  I have no idea what's up with that but I have an e mail in to find out.  It's always something.  I'm looking forward to a nice three day weekend and getting my hubby back.  We do face time on the phone so I get to "see" him every night but being on the phone is for the birds.  I am not a phone person.
This stuff will be the death of me. 
1/2 Cup = 80 Cals, 6.5 g Fiber
 My weight has been good.  I've been steady in the 112's.  I may have gotten the hang of keeping my calories low but I am not even close to keeping those calories clean. I'm barely inside the house and I'm already washing my hands so that I can grab something out of the pantry to shove into my mouth.  Sometimes I don't even put my purse down.  I'm just so hungry.   When I had the french bread I'd grab it and take a bite out of the loaf like some kind of animal.  Usually it's pretzels.  I'll grab a few and put them in my mouth before heading upstairs to change.  Then, the Honey Clusters entered the picture.  I usually get the Original Fiber 1 which is 60 calories and 14 grams of fiber per 1/2 cup but instead I accidentally grabbed the Honey Clusters which have 1/2 the Fiber and double the calories.  I need that Fiber and I couldn't be without my original so I went out and got 'em. I was going to leave the Honey Clusters for hubby but I couldn't stop eating them.   They are just that good.  I totally get that commercial where the guy walks around changing the Fiber One to Fiber None on the boxes.  I went through the whole box one handful at a time.  Literally.  I plan to never ever buy them again.  My only consolation is that it's semi healthy and I'm getting some Fiber.  At least it's not potato chips.  I gave up eating cereal with milk a while ago because I binge on it otherwise it could have been really nasty.  And considering all of that Fiber I can't help but wonder why I haven't had a BM in 2...3 days?  I'd been doing so good.  I feel like I need to go but it's just not happening.  Ugg...I feel like I'm about to explode.

Dinners I've eaten while Hubby is gone:
PBJ Sandwiches w/Pretzels
Deli Meat Sandwiches w/FF Pringles
French Bread w/Mozzarella Cheese on top
FF Hot Dogs-2 w/FF Pringles [once]
Ramen [once]
Salad Bowl w/Grilled Chix in it, Pre made from the grocery store [twice]

I eat my work snacks.  I come home and eat my little dinner.  Then have another snack which is usually light ice cream w/Pecan twirl or string cheese.  Last night my dinner was this weird combination of a bunch of low calorie snacks that when added together keep me in budget but give me little to no nutritional value.  They curb my hunger and satisfy the snack monster but that's about it.   Hubby being gone has totally sent me into snack mode just because I can so I'm staying in calorie budget but feel totally out of control.  I don't have to worry about eating a "real" dinner so I've been snacking myself into oblivion.  Last night was the first night all week that I did not eat light ice cream and that's only because I couldn't stop eating those damn Honey Clusters.  My sweet tooth is raging and I've been hungry.  Not a good combo.  I really need to clean up my eating.  I need some nutritional value.  I need fruits and veggies.   I need real food now and then even though I tend to avoid it.  It's so much easier to keep my calories low when I don't have to deal with "real" food.  I thought I'd go out and get Subway or Taco Bell at some point....never happened.  Hubby comes back Saturday.  Say good bye to my perfectly neat house and bring on the food fest.  He is bringing back Pancake mix from Cracker Barrel.  Sunday's Breakfast.  Then he was talking about going out to dinner on Sunday and then there is a BBQ on Monday.  When I am forced to go back to "real" meals I'll have no choice but to curb the snacking.  I'll have to go back to fighting my inner pig to stick to smaller portions.  And cooking.  Sigh.  Tonight I'm planning on microwave popcorn for dinner while I watch a movie.  I also have a craving for PBJ.....There might be ice cream after that.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Comments:
Anonymous:  Whoever you are thanks so much for that kind comment you left on my last post and thanks for reading my blog.  I normally don't feel all that incredible so thanks for saying so!!


Daily Log for Wednesday May 26, 2011
Breakfast121
Bread, Double Fiber, Orowheat1 Serving70
Jelly, Welch's, Reduced Sugar1 Tablespoon20
Coffee, brewed w/tap water5 Fluid ounces1
Creamer, French Vanilla, Fat Free1 Tablespoon30
Lunch250
Cereal, Original½ Cup60
Yogurt, Light, Vanilla, Dannon½ Cup100
Bar, granola, chocolate chunk, chewy1 Each90
Dinner297
Chips, potato crisps, sour cream & onion, fat free32 Each140
Apples, fresh, sml, 2 3/4"1 Each77
Cheese, String1 Serving80
Snacks280
Pecan Twirl, Little Debbie1 Serving100
Cereal, Honey Clusters1 ⅛ Cups180
Exercise260
Elliptical 26030 min260

Nutrients
Fat16g13%
Saturated Fat6g
Cholesterol27mg
Sodium1394mg
Carbohydrates204g76%
Fiber43g
Sugars65g
Protein30g11%


Summary
Food Calories  949
Exercise Calories  260
Net Calories 689
+/- Calories -291
Weight 112.4

3 comments:

  1. That Fiber One stuff can be a killer! I can't keep the cereal in the house, even though it;s delicious. I tend to binge on cereal, and once beasted a whole box of the Fiber One Carmel Delight cereal. Tummy was not happy at all the next day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way with cereal, but at least your's is somewhat-ly on the healthier side. If I have access to Cocoa Krispies or any variation and milk, I could probably eat the whole box in half a day. v.v

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. agh, cereal is the devil! Very addicting and calorific! RaeLynn

    ReplyDelete