A while back I discovered and promptly devoured all of the Supersize Vs Superskinny episodes there were on You Tube. After seeing others mention it in their blogs I went back and happily found a whole new season. The supersizes are appalling. I can't imagine what it would be like to exist inside such a large body. I totally get their addiction to food. There is a part of me that wants to eat with abandon like that. I think I'm addicted myself although clearly not to that extent. The main difference is that I am able to control it. I think it's funny how they look to America to find all of the morbidly obese examples of how not to be. They fly the supersize all the way to the US to meet them. All the fat folks are here of course. No fair that the skinny minnie doesn't get to take a trip!
This one was interesting for me because the superskinny is about the same height and weight as me and she used to weigh a lot more. OMG I am the size of a superskinny!! I'm always fascinated to see what other bodies look like with my height and weight. It's funny how we can still look so different. She had hardly any muscle tone in her arms and legs. she was definitely skinny but a soft skinny whereas I think I'm more toned. I was trying to figure out if she looked skinnier then me. This girl is 5'6 1/2" and 7 stone 13 lbs which is 111 lbs. She eats about 1200 calories a day and they say she should be 126-150 lbs and eating around 2,000. Very interesting. I know I wouldn't be fat at 126. That's been my high weight over the last decade or so. It feels horrible to me but I still look slim. I just don't look real skinny at that weight and you all know I like to be skinny. I've given myself quite a buffer! I could gain about 13 lbs and still be decent. Just not decent for me. As for the 2,000 calories. Fuggetabout it. I would probably end up closer to 150 if I did that and that would be incredibly tragic for me. I wasn't fat at 150 either because I was all muscle but never want to go there again. I wonder what my weekly food intake would look like in the food tube. I'd probably have no problem at all eating the supersize meals. I mean, I'd probably be totally anxious and feel like a fat cow but some of those meals looked so good. I don't think I would find it nearly as difficult as she did. I love cheesy fattening foods. Ok, not every meal every day granted. I'm sure my stomach has gotten smaller but I can definitely get my grub on-I just normally don't allow myself to. Whereas most of the super skinnies say they don't like seeing their bony childish bodies I take pride in my bones. She went home for 12 weeks and gained about 1 lb. I should be so lucky to struggle for one pound gain. I can gain that in my sleep after restricting for a day! I wish I were as disinterested in food as the superskinnies are on this show. They don't think about food all the time. They eat the bare minimum naturally because they are busy or just not into food without having to fight their cravings. Must be nice. The concept of being accidentally skinny is so strange to me because I have to work at it.
I woke up at around 6:30 am today for no good reason. It was raining cats and dogs out but has stopped. Hubby is going to watch an out of town friend play Rugby. I do not want to go sit outside in the freezing cold so I am keeping my butt here. I've gone through everything in my DVR so I'll probably be watching more episodes. We're going to the movies later.
I woke up at around 6:30 am today for no good reason. It was raining cats and dogs out but has stopped. Hubby is going to watch an out of town friend play Rugby. I do not want to go sit outside in the freezing cold so I am keeping my butt here. I've gone through everything in my DVR so I'll probably be watching more episodes. We're going to the movies later.
My ideal weight according to Supersize VS Superskinny is 119 lbs or 8 stone 7 lbs. That's 7lbs under my goal weight; yet 'the ideal' seems so tiny to me right now. I guess what is ideal to one isn't to another because of how skinny/chubby we look at that weight. If that made sense?
ReplyDeleteThere was one episode where the girl weighed under six stone and gained 1lb over 12 weeks: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/supersize-vs-superskinny/episode-guide/series-4/episode-3
Ha! I always laugh at those parts where they are like "and [thus-and-such] gets a deadly warning message from a fatty fat fat in the states about how out of control eating can get".
ReplyDeleteYep. We definitely have the monopoly on gluttony.
That's so funny! This is the episode I was just watching before coming over to blogger to catch up. I wish I could be one of the skinnies.
ReplyDeleteI adore your blog! You're a wonderful writer & your rules, etc. are very realistic. I must watch that episode later!
ReplyDeleteI love this show. It is such an eye opener. And it has such a "OMG I so don't want to become that" theme going on hehe.
ReplyDeleteI love that show! love to watch all the episodes via YouTube! RaeLynn
ReplyDelete