Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Money Spent

Yesterday:  1,082 in/300 burned
Today:  113.6 lbs

So, the numbers are in.  This is where I'm at after my trip:
Discover= $715 and counting
Capital 1= $324.43
Macy's= $50.80
Total:  $1,090.23 to date

The cost of our trip though already paid for is staggering if you ask me.  Our airfare was about $250 each and our hotel bill was $700.  That's $1200 for the both of us!  I'd already paid the airfare off and the hotel was paid for out of our joint checking account.  While there I used my Macy's card and Capital 1 card for a total of $374 ($70 of the balance on Capital 1 was for my sister's B-Day & Mom's Day gifts)  + some cash money.  The Discover card is my daily use card so that one will be going up.  I'm sure I'll have to get gas again and my $145 balance for my eyeglasses will be put on there as well.  At the very minimum that card will be up to $910 by the end of the month making my total balance owed about $1,284.   I have one extra bill of $94 for my timeshare due in June as well and I have about $25 in cash in my wallet.  OMG!!  What the hell have I done? Who do I think I am out shopping like I have money to spend?  I still want to go to DSW today and take advantage of the free tote offer.  I have to spend $24 minimum AND I have a $10 off coupon that I earned when I bought my sister her gift card.

April and particularly May have been very rough months for me.  That i pad hubby wanted basically kicked my butt.  Without that I'd have been OK.  Hell, even with that but without the trip expenses I would have been OK but everything has a funny way of happening all at once.  So, the plan is to either pay it all off using money out of savings or at the very least I'll pay off Discover and Macy's then do a balance transfer for the Capital 1 to buy more time and get a 4% interest rate on the balance.  They have a no fee offer so I might as well take advantage of it.  Then, the rest of it can be paid off in July.  I hate doing that because I hate credit card debt.  Ideally, things should all balance out by then provided nothing happens with anything else or with the rental property.  You never know with that one.  I really want a heart rate monitor too!  I want to work out at home and do my dance classes hubby bought me but I feel compelled to go to the gym instead because I can use the machine to calculate calories.  I guess it will have to wait although one part of me says screw it-just buy the damn thing.  It sure sucks being poor.     

So hubby is gone until the end of the month.  I'm gonna miss him.  It will be weird coming home every day to an empty house.  He will make some good money while he is gone though.  Not that I'll actually see any of it but it makes me feel better to know that he has money to get things he wants even if I'm broke.  We'll save a ton on groceries because I sure don't need much.  I don't have to worry about feeling bad about cooking, not cooking,  or feel pressure to eat dinners.  Hmmm....So was it the 2 slices of Pizza Hut Pizza at lunch or the Apple, string cheese, 2 red vines and water that made me gain? The answer seems obvious but I'm not so sure. After the gym yesterday I got home and was the same as my morning weight which led me to believe that I was safe and that the Pizza had not done any damage. Then, I ate my little snack and woke up 2 ounces heavier. It was a healthy snack too!  Oh well. There are no regrets about the pizza. I was STARVING and that Pizza was knock your socks off good! I did not get that full feeling at all and getting through the rest of the day was a lot easier without my hunger pangs. I'll just keep plugging away. Today I ate some office B Day cake around 10:30am which means that I get NOTHING until after I get home from work and the gym which will roughly be 7pm!!  Oh boy.  I have a happy hour tomorrow too!! The place where I like to eat my cheese. I'm the one who set it up because my girlfriend is preggo and we wanted to go one last time before she starts to shows.  I had a feeling it might be too close for comfort to my vacation but I wanted to make sure everyone could go and I figure after tomorrow I have a week stretch with nothing going on.  I might have to put in an extra work out or two.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I definitely feel you on the financial struggles. I made about $500 less than I should have for the first half of the month, because I slacked off and went on vacation. At least yours was for fun stuff. Your vacation sounds fun. You got some new clothes right? Do you have pics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh credit cards are eeeevil!! I'm in debt something like $6,500... Most of that is from college.
    We'll pay them off! And you never know--we could win the lotto. :D

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete