Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Mom & Sister's Weekend

My cheese plate at happy hour
 113.4 lbs

I had such a wonderful time with my family over the weekend.  I love them sooooooo much.  We really didn't have a plan.  They were gonna come down and we were gonna hang.  That was all that mattered.  Mom, big sis-D, lil' sis-T me and my nephew all had a blast together.  Happy hour on Friday was fun.  I ate my beloved cheese and tortilla chips.  It was so cool to be out with my sisters.  Little sis is all grown up.  I'm still getting used to the idea that she can drink.  I was so excited about having everyone over I woke up bright and early on Saturday morning (and Sunday).  We got up and all sat around in our jammies.  Mom, Big sis and I did P90 yoga.  Then we got dressed and walked over to Outback.  They weren't open yet so we walked to Blockbuster to get movies to pass the time.  We ended up walking for like 1 hour and 15 minutes.  It was a perfectly perfect beautiful day.  Lunch was good.  I ordered this crispy Spinach and Artichoke flat bread appetizer that turned out to be really good.  My mom was like, "Is that all you're getting?"  She said she'd still be hungry.  They put all the calories on the menu which I love.  Their bread is so good and comes to your table hot.  We went back to my house and watched the American Cup.  I was so excited that we all got to watch gymnastics on TV together.  That never happens.  We watched two movies that night and stayed up as late as we could.  Sunday morning we got up and spent most of the afternoon in our jammies watching TV.  Then all too soon it was time to go get up and get going.  I was so sad to see them go!  Little sis doesn't have Wendy's where she lives and there is one right across the street from my house so we went there.  Of course I wasn't ready to eat and had to save room for dinner so I didn't get anything.  Never mind that I'd only had Fiber one and munched on some candy all day.  I just snagged some fries and held the baby while everyone else ate.  I feel so lucky to have such a great family.  My dad sort of sucks.  Don't get me wrong.  I love him.  I just don't think he is of a good character.  He's loud, obnoxious, and messy.  He doesn't listen and he does whatever he wants regardless of how it affects others.  He lies and does a lot of other things that have angered me a lot over the years.  My mom deserves so much more but she loves him and they've been married for over 30 years.  He certainly won't ever win husband of the year and we've never been super close.  It kind of makes me sad.  My mom and sisters are the best.  Now that little sis is 23 we have gotten even closer even though she lives up north and we don't get to see her that often.

After they left, I went grocery shopping.  I spent $80 bucks and I don't even know what I got.  The chicken was $10 bucks and my Fiber 1 was $5.19!!  I made grilled chicken breast and salad for dinner and like a good little wifey had it ready for hubby when he got home.  I took the smallest piece.

The snacking seems to happen almost without me noticing when I'm socializing with my family all weekend.  In the mornings I'd eat Fiber 1 and maybe some other misc snacking while mom and big sis had to have an actual breakfast or else they will be starving.  Little sis isn't too big on breakfast.   I was super excited that after my cheese, tortilla chips, 2 potato skins and 2 glasses of wine on Friday that I didn't gain.  Not even an ounce.  Doing the yoga video and all the walking made me feel better about eating out on Saturday.  The flat bread at Outback was 667 calories and I ate a lot of candy on Saturday night while we watched the movie.  I woke up Sunday morning I had gained a pound!  More then a pound.  I went from 112.6 to 114!! I'm really proud of myself for not totally freaking out though.  I just told myself that the upcoming week is a sweat week at the gym and that it's not a big deal.  Once I get back to less snacking it'll go down.  And that's what happened.  I woke up Monday morning at 113.4.  I hope I'm getting the hang of this maintenance thing.

When I hang around "normal" people for an extended period of time I am struck by how much most people actually eat.  My mom does not play when it comes to her food and my big sister can't bear being hungry.  She ate almost a whole bag of red vines by herself and had two beers after eating a hamburger and dessert Saturday night.  She LOVES to eat.  I wouldn't say little sis eats a lot but she definitely gets her meals in.   She ate at Wendy's around 3:30pm and said she'd be hungry enough to eat some dinner later too.  She is pretty petite and my mom is too.  I wouldn't call them skinny but they are definitely slim.  Big sis definitely needs to lose weight but she's not huge.  She ordered a fried chicken sandwich, the larger fries and had a large frosty all by herself.  Me on the other hand am just different.  I restrict at breakfast if I know I'm going to be eating later and there was no way I could eat Wendy's if I had to eat dinner with hubby.  As much as I'd have like to have ordered some fries.   Big sis ate over 2000 on Saturday!  She finds 1500 calories to be way low like most people but I don't feel comfortable eating even that much.  Pretty much ever.  My high day over the weekend was 1365 and that was a lot for me.   What would I look like if I ate like them? Sometimes I wish I could just eat and not do all of this calorie counting crap but there just isn't any other way for me.

5 comments:

  1. You are not alone--it feels like I'm surrounded by people who can eat anything and everything and not put on any weight, but unless I'm hyper-vigilant, I'll gain ten pounds without realizing it. -.- I used to be an eating machine, but now I'm not a teenager anymore, everything shows.

    It's good that you have a good time with most of your family, and it's even better that you don't flip out at a little gain. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes me by surprise what everyone else eats too. I live on my own and i forget what the "normal" amounts to eat are.
    So when i stay with someone else,i find it pretty overwhelming.
    If i ate what they did i would be huge.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww family time! I feel the same way about my sister (and bro), it doesn’t matter what we do, it’s all about just spending time together. I love that you guys did p90x yoga together, isn’t that such a good workout? The first half hour always kills me!

    ~ H

    Your cheese plate looks good… you can’t get over how much people eat and I can’t get over what people eat. Lol. I’m like you though when it comes to balancing meals, if eating out/event can’t be avoided then I make sure I eat low cals during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had the amount of self restriction you do....ure a strong girl (I'm jealous) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had a great time with your family! I don't get to see mine much either since Husband and I moved away... only about once a year on average.

    ~MLM

    ReplyDelete