Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Food Fraud

112.2 lbs

My cals were higher then I wanted them to be yesterday.  I was just starving all day.  I was so busy that I didn't eat anything after breakfast but knowing that I was going to go to the gym I ate a Fiber one bar just before leaving.  I dragged my tired and hungry body to the gym.  When I got home I grabbed some FF pringles and a string cheese after my shower and hubby asked me if that was all I was eating.  I sort of lied and told him that there were work meetings so there was a ton of extra food floating around.  There have been times when he hasn't even noticed that I didn't eat much or when he did but didn't ask me specifically what it was.  This time he did so I said sandwich and pasta salad.  It makes me feel worse when I have actually made up foods.  Oh well.   I needed to save room for that damn Cinnamon roll.  There is only one left now and it has hubby's name written all over it.

I just felt this overwhelming urge to munch and munch when I got home.  It's funny how some days I'm super hungry and other days I'm OK.  Hubby is a normal guy.  When I see how much it takes to keep normal people, specifically a man, fed it boggles my mind.  He went on a 24 mile bike ride so of course he was starving and he'd burned a lot of calories.  He ate spaghetti and was still hungry so he was foraging for snacks and food in the kitchen.  Kind of like I was!  I cooked Saturday and Monday and it's still not enough to keep this man fed.  He needs something for lunch and he needs something for dinner.  His portions of what I cooked were like 3 times the amount of mine.  My needs are just so much simpler.  I could cook one time and parcel it out all week and be fine.  Or better yet not cook at all and just get by on snacks.  Who needs lunch?  He's not a must have meat and potatoes guy and can be content with just a sandwich or casadillas which is good.  He has a normal healthy appetite so he's gonna need more food this week.  I've met my quota on cooking so I'm not cooking anything else.  I did buy a frozen pizza and a frozen skillet meal so he might want those.  I beat him home today so I was able to get by with just eating snacks again.  I told another fib.  I said I had a Sandwich for dinner when he called.  It's the only thing I will ever lie about to him. He just finished bike riding and wanted to know if I'd eaten because he probably wants to pick something up for dinner.  After such heavy exercise a measly meal won't cut it for him.

Work has been crazy busy!  I'm managing much better though then when I worked in claims.  Back then, I was so overstressed my heart rate sped up and I'd get this lump in my chest and my throat when I started to feel overwhelmed.  My next job after that I had same physical effect when met with deadlines.  Almost like a flash back from the old days at that horrible job.  Progressively it's gotten much better.  I've been feeling stressed and overwhelmed for the last week or so.  There are deadlines looming and projects that I had to leave unfinished to work on other things.  I hate leaving stuff unfinished.  But I've mostly just stayed calm and I keep telling myself it's OK I will get it done.  And so far I am.

I've been lagging on my lunch date with hubby.  Lunch is hard for me because I don't normally eat more then fiber 1, yogurt or other such snack foods.  If for some reason I do eat an actual lunch then a long day looms ahead where I can't eat a whole lot because I've used up so many calories already.  Today we were finally supposed to meet up for lunch so I was doing my research on what I was going to eat, I planned to go to the gym AND I only ate my Fiber 1 cereal and coffee for breakfast instead of toast and jelly.  I was prepped and ready.  Then, he forgot that he had an appointment. So I'll go to the gym tomorrow instead.  I'll be a lot more motivated at the gym tomorrow after eating a "real" lunch.  Funny how something as simple as lunch is cause for so much preparation. I stopped at the carpet store and paid $686 for replacement carpet in the condo.  Much better then the $1064 estimate I got from my property management guy.  It's a lot of money though.  Good thing I've been saving.

Not even a full slice
I'm up 0.2 lbs from this morning.  Yeah, I weigh any chance I get 'cause I'm totally obsessed.  It felt nice to just come home and chill.  Almost time for Top Model!!  I'm planning to eat the Dryer's Light ice cream which I am addicted to and 2Tagalong Girl Scout cookies while I watch skinny girls on TV.  I got plenty of calories left!!  Damn!!  hubby ordered pizza!  I am allowing myself one tiny delicious wonderful square.  I couldn't even wait to take a bite until after I took the pic.  I stuck to my plan.  Hubby ate the rest of the whole pizza plus wings.  I'm glad it's gone.

---------------------------------

Daily Log, March 15
Breakfast 198
Bread, Double Fiber, Oroweat 1 Serving  70
Coffee, brewed w/tap water10 Fluid ounces  3
Creamer, French Vanilla ⅔ Tablespoon  30
Peanut Butter, creamy1 Tablespoon  95

Lunch 210
Cereal, Bar, Oats & Peanut Butter1 Each  150
Cereal, Original ½ Cup  60

Dinner 300
Chips, potato crisps, sour cream & onion, fat free  32 Each  140
Cheese, String  1 Serving 80
Cheese, Monterey Jack, Block 1/2 Ounce 40

Snacks 402
Cinnamon Rolls1 Serving  321
Ice Cream, Dreyer's Light ⅓ Serving  33
Grapes, fresh ½ Cup  30
Candy, Mike & Ike's ⅛ Serving  18

Summary
Food Calories  1,070
Exercise Calories  250
Net Calories  860
+/- Calories  -148
Weight 112.8

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you about being surprised by how much men (and "normal") people eat on a daily basis. I don't understand. I'm visiting my sister right now and she is naturally tall and freaking thin and I see what she eats, and I want to cry because I don't understand why I can't eat like that, why did I get the crappy fat genes? argh!

    ~ H

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOYS. Haha they eat so much I dunno how they do it! lucky ducks! <3RaeLynn

    ReplyDelete