Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

At the Ballet

My fruit plate minus Chick Fil A
113.4

I was such a hungry girl on Thursday.  I had two meetings and work was so busy that I ended up with three cookies for lunch and didn't have too much time to think about the hunger.  A made her delicious cookies as usual for the meeting.  I didn't have any food outings planned so I'm not upset about indulging on the cookies.  I'd already eaten one and grabbed two on the way out and was seriously just shoving them into my face in the car when I drove back to the office.  I felt so out of control.  Good thing I didn't have any more available or else I don't know what I would have done.  I managed to keep the calorie count pretty decent.  Due to my cookie binge I skipped out on my yogurt and Fiber one.  I got that Fiber back in there having a casadilla with my low cal/high fiber tortillas. Hubby doesn't like them so I bought him some regular ones.  I try not to put too much cheese but overall it's a pretty satisfying dinner for me.  I tasted hubby's.  His were way better and cheesier then mine.  Plus, I let him use the left over chicken.

Friday my operation Tupperware plan sprang into action.  A manager is leaving so of course it was honored with food.  Mostly fruit and veggies but there was hummus, pita chips, and those little tiny Chick Fil A breakfast sandwiches.  I love those little things but since I have plans after work I knew would involve eating I took the two from my plate and tucked them into the Tupperware.  They are tiny but pack way more calories then you'd think-I learned that the hard way.  I knew they would destroy my calorie count for the day.  I couldn't eat them but I still got to take them and that made me happy.  Sealing them up made it feel final that it was for later.  I ate my plate of fruit veggies and some pita chips and was fine knowing that I had my little stash even if I didn't eat them.  They are still sitting in my fridge right now.  I probably won't even eat 'em and let hubby have 'em.

After a crazy busy work day I rushed home to change and head downtown to the Ballet.  Hubby put in for the ballet drawing at work 'cause he knew I'd like it even if he wouldn't.  We found a cool place with awesome happy hour prices.  I got to order 1 single slider for $1.  We also got cheese sticks and a appetizer veggie pizza.  I ate two cheese sticks 2 small slices of the pizza and had a cosmo.  I didn't feel full, just satisfied.  I ended up at 1,242 calories for the day.  Not stellar but not horrible for eating out.  Hubby was trying to get drunk so he could endure the ballet.  The show was beautiful.  They were all slim of course but a few of them were so super petite and tiny.  I thought about how awesome it would be to have that as your job.  Then, I thought about the bloody toe shoes in Black Swan and how painful ballet is!  I made the mistake of weighing myself between work and going out.  I was 114!!  I had barely eaten anything all day and I feel like I've been peeing a lot these last few days so I didn't get it.  Then, when we got home that night I was only at 114.4.  I have no idea how that happened but I breathed a huge sigh of relief because that meant that in all likelihood I would not gain.

I've been hanging out between 113.2-113.6.  That's acceptable.  Having the goal of getting back to 112's will keep me on my toes for sure.  Which I need sometimes.  Today the goal is to just eat as light as possible.  I am so glad there are no outings planned that will require me to worry about food.  I think I'm making spaghetti for dinner.  I just got a quote for some crown molding, painting and an extra kitchen cabinet for our house.  Grand total is $2,150!!  It's actually a really good deal.  We also plan on getting rain gutters and a closet make over with our tax money.  It's so nice to have the weekend without any real plans and no cleaning!  I will probably just do some laundry.  I have to meet some carpet guys at my rental property to get estimates and I need to run to the store later.  

I got some really wonderful comments and feedback on my last post.  Thanks Imogen for sharing your story and what you've gone through.  I'd love to see you posting so I can follow.  And I got some new followers....hello!!

2 comments:

  1. haha I laughed when you said your hubby was trying to get drunk to endure the ballet! priceless! I would love to go to the ballet, if not for the dancing but the music :)

    I think your doing really well with maitenance mode, hopefully I will get there someday soon.

    ~ H

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to go to a real ballet!

    ~MLM

    ReplyDelete