Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Work Annoying & Maintenance Confusing

112.2 lbs

Work Rant............
Work is totally annoying me right now.  How am I supposed to get any work done if we are having meetings all the time? They are constantly sending e mails about status updates on them and this meeting we had today got totally erased from my calendar when I accepted it.  My boss comes and says, "We're ready for the meeting now."  I'm thinking, "What meeting?"  So, I walk in and it's about a website I have never even heard of.  Some website that one of our colleges uses I guess and they are trying to link it with the one that we use here.  I'm just like...ok whatever.  Needless to say I didn't say much.  I'm new but they think I know about certain things and I don't.  I am busy doing my work so I never get around to asking what the hell it is.  There are so many meetings where I have no clue what the hell they are talking about.  It's actually kind of funny sometimes. 

They CC everyone on every single freaking e mail.  I've never used the Reply All button so much in my life.  Rarely is anything ever sent to just one person.  My e mail box is totally clogged up.  A lot of it is stuff that I don't even know if I am involved in.  I'm just like....ok what do you want from me?  Then, I am supposed to do some ungodly project where I update the faculty on the reason that certain courses were put on hold.  Half of this stuff was discussed before I even got here.  Really?  Some of these have a string of e mails a mile long over what the problems are.  I don't even know why and I certainly don't have time to do the research to tell them.  I'm trying to figure out a way to just send them the e mails and say you figure it out.  And when am I supposed to do this is another question?  This is a very busy time with a huge deadline looming.  I'm also dealing with this other project that got dumped on me that has to do with a screw up from before I got here.  I was barely even trained on how to do anything and they are already asking me to audit and correct things I've just learned about doing.  I'm just mad 'cause I can't surf the net all day anymore!  Ha!  No, when there is work I do it and it makes the day go faster.  They are lucky that I am at least somewhat competent considering I barely got trained.  Then, she quit so I am going it alone. 

Then there is Ang.  She is so freaking annoying but it's so hard to not like her because she is sweet.  She mumbles and chats all day incessantly and obsesses about her office supplies.  When she first got here there was no work for her to do so she literally cleaned her desk with Lysol every day just for something to do.  I think just about everyone is annoyed by her...poor thing.  Her chatting and announcing each and every break has gotten better thank goodness.  Then there is the dog thing.  I think I'm the only one who doesn't have one and they go on and on talking about doggie doors, potty training and how they chew up their furniture.  The first thing I think of when I hear the word dog is dirt and shedding hair.  I don't want either in my house.  I don't like to pet or get to close to them and if they lick me....I feel disgusting.  And I have to pretend that it's so cute and that I'm really interested in what they are talking about so they won't think that I am evil.  Whoo!  Needed to vent. 
Me today at work.  I rarely get any full
body shots in every day life even if I am
at an event and taking pics.  So, I'll take some
and put 'em here. 
In other news..........
My big sis may not go to the party tomorrow because she is at 169 and doesn't want to blow it.  She knows she has no willpower.  That's fine and dandy and all but she always complains that she has no social life and never goes anywhere without the baby.  Here is her chance.  Also, she used to get mad at me for not going places to avoid food.  Granted I was seriously skinny but so what!  I'm kind of not looking forward to the party myself partly because of food being there and partly because it's supposed to rain.  My ex sorta kinda but was married boyfriend from 05-07 has been texting me every day this week just to say hi.  Weird.  He finally stopped saying how are you and hubby doing every time and just says how are you doing now.  It was like he was trying too hard to be gracious about the whole lying, destroying his chances with me and losing me to a much more physically attractive and younger man thing. 

I feel like my cals have been decent so far but I've kinda been eating some crappy stuff!  I skipped my Fiber 1 and yogurt yesterday at work in favor of cheese and the most delicious brownie I've ever had in my life. It's just been happening too much lately. Yesterday I had mac and cheese for dinner that hubby bought home from work.  The night before I ate the last lava cake.  I am sort of over it.  I pretty much had to eat them all by myself.  Hubby ate one and my big sis had one.  Hubby made them especially for me, they are yummy and I didn't want to let them go to waste.  At 290 a pop it was such a pain in the ass trying to fit them into my calorie budget....along with the obligatory 1 scoop of 50 cal light ice cream.  I'm so glad they are gone.  Last night I drank a lot of water.  I was sooo thirsty.  Just parched.  I just let myself have it even though the water weight fear was floating around in the back of my head.  I'm trying to just have a nice restriction day today.  I did have a snack size Reese's pieces this morning but that's not a big deal.  We are having chicken breast and salad for dinner.  I'm on day 3 without a dump.  Hopefully it will come tonight.  Since the Fiber 1 the most I've skipped taking it is is 3 days and the most days without a #2 is 2 days.  I am not in the 110's or 111's anymore but that is OK.  It was never the plan.  I need to be OK with that.  I am just over 112 so that is my little signal to watch it and that's what I am doing.  That is how maintenance is supposed to be.  It's harder to be driven and vigilant when I am not fighting to get those numbers down AND the high that I get from losing weight is the best.  Maintenance is a little different.  I'm still trying to figure it out. 

I have gotten some comments from some of you that me and my blog are inspiring.  I just want to say thanks so much!  That really means a lot to me.  Especially since I don't feel I've done anything much.  I'm just obsessed like everyone else!  When I feel good about my weight you are there to cheer me on and when I feel bad about it you are also there to tell me I can do it.  This journey is far from over.  I will have my ups and downs because this path is not an easy road  I am really just doing the best I can and it's cool to be part of this community as I go through it. 

5 comments:

  1. i like your work rant...i totally get that. if i'm have to work at your shitty company then i just want to do my work...why do we have to waste time an meet about it? just let me get it done...right?!?! hey at least we have the weekends to get away from the daily grind!

    luv your jeans. you look tall and skinny :)

    hugs,
    Lu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count me in as inspired. I'm calorie counting for the first time ever, and it's SO hard. I wanted to make this chicken that has cheese/artichokes/and mayo on it, but it just has so many cals.

    I was going to just say "screw it" but I thought of your blog post about how it's hard to be skinny and it takes discipline all the time. I decided to save the chicken for a day when I haven't eaten as much for breakfast/lunch.

    Plus, if that picture of your perfect, tiny legs isn't inspiring, I don't know what is : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you legs look so tiny in that picture! I can def. tell a difference from the pics you posted a few weeks ago.

    I feel your work woes. I'm so ready to move on from my current job right now, it's not even funny.

    ~MLM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your legs = amazing.

    I feel your job pain, I've been there before and I wanted to rip my hair out. You sound like you have the patience of a saint.

    ~ H

    ReplyDelete
  5. your legs look gorgeous! so slim and petite! I'm not quite in the working world get (fingers crossed) but I can totally feel the frustration. hope it gets better! <3RaeLynn

    ReplyDelete