I wasn't sure if I would but at the last second I decided to go to this cash only studio sale I heard about from my agent. It's a TV production company that was selling a bunch of clothes from their sets at super low goodwill prices. The flyer said they had name brands and only in sizes 0-6. No surprise there since people on TV are skinny. It was raining but then it stopped. I really didn't want to spend money or drive into town but I thought about all the times I deny myself stuff in the past because of budget. I thought about the potential great finds I could get for super cheap. There was a break in the rain so I stopped at the ATM and took out $100 and went. What a disaster. I didn't know there was going to be a line so I didn't even wear my big jacket and left my gloves in the car. There were 3 large girls ahead of me and I don't think they knew this was for size Small only but I guess they could get accessories. I waited in the cold drizzle for about 30 minutes. The line was barely moving. Then, it started to actually rain, rain and the wind was turning my tiny little broken umbrella inside out. I didn't want to give up but I figured I could be there for another hour getting soaked so I bailed. I hated the rain even more then I usually do for ruining that for me. What a waste of gas and time. I was chilled to the bone when I got home and frantically looked around for some hot choco. 80 cals! But I needed something warm and I didn't want to stop for coffee.
The party was cool. About 8 of us caravanned up there. Hubby's friend bought a new house an hour away from friends work and family so going up there is always like some kind of journey. It's a cute house but not worth an hour commute. They said they couldn't find anything locally. It is super expensive housing market here but we still can't believe they did this. It makes no sense. They have a child with another on the way and they moved an hour away from family which are instababysitters. I love this couple B & C but their hosting skills are non existent. They don't introduce people. They don't tell you where you can put your coats. It's funny because at every party of theirs there is always a different person getting the food ready. Neither B or C is never anywhere near the kitchen. Their food is good but always a little random. They never tell you when it's time to eat you just sort of have to wait to see if it's ready and if other people have plates. It's a B Day party that started at 7:30pm. We didn't get there until 8:15 but by 11:00 a few guests started to put their jackets on, they still hadn't done the cake, and his wife had gone into the bedroom to take a nap. Hubby's friend had to take action and open up the cake and put the candles on. Hubby went to wake up the wife so we could sing happy B Day. Were they ever going to do it? They finally started to decorate their house but with some tacky pictures of a pair of wolves and a pair of Rottweiler's. And some other random pics. This is the couple that bought us a bobble head bride and groom as a wedding gift. They bought this giant sectional. Huge!! It was in this gigantic horse shoe shape that took up their entire living room and left just a small amount of space between that and the dining room table which they refuse to put in the actual dining room. They have an island that they can use with bar stools so I don't know why they won't. The dining room is empty and has chandelier hanging there that you could hit your head on although for the party they dismantled the giant sectional and it was enough to furnish the entire house. It was a fun time. B is such a good guy. I love seeing a young black family man who works hard and is happy with his wife and kids. We just hung out chatted, drank, and listened to music. They have an X Box Kinect with a really cool dancing game that some people were playing. I could totally see myself having a lot of fun with that!! But in the privacy of my own home since I'm not the best dancer. We didn't get home until about 1:15am!!!
I didn't eat a large quantity of food necessarily it's just that the content of the food was high calorie and then putting it all together...well it added up. Tortilla chips, Potato Salad, Rice, Mixed drink (w/diet coke), and a piece of cake. Of course I was starving when I got there because I tried to eat as little as possible during the day to preserve calories. Hubby is making eggs for breakfast and I 'aint having none. Not even egg beaters. I gained and there is a housewarming party today. It's at 3pm so I am eating Fiber 1 for breakfast and then I'll hold out for anything else until the party. I can eat a little there and it's early enough that won't have to go to bed with a feeling of food in my belly. I gained so I have no choice but to watch it. I'm going to quit being a lazy butt and do an exercise Pilates video. It's so cold that it makes it so hard for me to come out of my jammies but I need to do some damage control...right now!!!!
Me on a bad day:
Daily Report for February 26, 2011
| Daily Log | ||
| Breakfast | 140 | |
| Potatoes, Breakfast | 1 Serving | 140 |
| Dinner | 778 | |
| Dish, rice, Spanish | 5 Ounces | 201 |
| Chips, tortilla, gold, bite size, svg | ¾ Each | 105 |
| Tequila, 94 proof | 2 ¼ Fluid ounces | 172 |
| Potato, Potato Salad | 1 ½ Each | 300 |
| Snacks | 457 | |
| Cereal, Original | ½ Cup | 60 |
| Hot Cocoa, rich chocolate, dry pkt | 1 Each | 80 |
| Cookie, Mini Iced Sugar | ⅓ Each | 77 |
| Cake, Yellow, Vanilla Frosting | 1 Piece | 240 |
| Nutrients | ||
| Fat | 40g | 30% |
| Saturated Fat | 8g | |
| Cholesterol | 39mg | |
| Sodium | 2193mg | |
| Carbohydrates | 194g | 65% |
| Fiber | 24g | |
| Sugars | 48g | |
| Protein | 15g | 5% |
| Summary | |
| Food Calories | 1,375 |
| Exercise Calories | - |
| Net Calories | 1,375 |
| +/- Calories | 416 |
| Weight | 112 |
I don't like going to bed with a full stomach either. I'd definitely rather be hungry than full, but somewhere in the middle is better.
ReplyDeleteParty sounds random, but fun. Some people really have no hosting skills. It's so weird. I feel like it's not that difficult to do the little things that make people feel comfortable.
How was the Pilates video. Which ones do you recommend? I did mine yesterday for the first time in forever. I think I want a different one.