112.6 lbs
I had a great Friday with my big sis. She came down with the baby and spent the night. I've seen her but she hasn't been down here to my house in a while so it was cool. My nephew is so adorable. His little features are so delicate and perfect. He is so precious! He gets fussy though and he wears my sister out. She came around 12pm on Friday and we just hung out. Hubby was kind enough to baby sit the little guy so we could go out to dinner. My sister rarely gets to do that anymore. She picked Applebee's. Which worked good for me because they have the weight watchers meals. She was thisclose to having fries and a burger but got one of the WW meals instead. She did order a Margarita. I got the Peppercorn Steak meal which is only 390. No salad. I had to save room for another lava cake. All three of us had one after we got home.
I woke up today exactly the same weight as I did yesterday which I absolutely did not expect to. I've been barely staying in the the 1000's lately but still managing to maintain...and loose a few ounces. I still want to get to 112 so I can have a nice range for maintenance. I did more then my 2x per week exercise quota. We did one of sisters exercise videos this morning. It's cardio and really really tough. Lose it only calculated 241 cals burned in 45 minutes but we know it's way more. My sister burned 500 according to her heart monitor. She weighs about 175 so I know that she burned more then me but I know I had to have done more then 240.
Sister is having a hard time losing weight as always. She can barely keep her cals at 1300-1400. She exercises 6 days a week so she's good there but she can't control her eating. She told herself she would not eat up all her exercise cals she can't help it. She can't stand to be hungry. She has a binge eating issue to the point where she can keep no sweets in the house. Or else she will eat them all. Even while she was here she was like is there any food we can get delivered? She had two beers on Friday during the time before we left for dinner. We are the same height and she would like to get down to 130-140 lbs. I told her that I feel like a professional dieter because I can eat below 1k and exercise no problem. Even 800's, although not so much lately. She has to eat lunch. She can't stand getting too hungry. I'm like what's the big deal about hunger? Everybody gets so freaked out about it. It won't kill you!! Hubby and I went to dinner at his friends house on Tuesday night. One girl was talking about how her sister is on a medically supervised weight loss program. Only 730 cals and they are all horrified. Like, how can anyone exist on such a diet? Uh....people do. It's funny because I have to act all confused and amazed by it too when I have done it myself and don't think it's all that bizarre.
Anyhow, hubby made us french toast for breakfast. So sweet. It was delicious and me and big sis used sugar free syrup. I added the recipe to lose it of course so I can track. Sister was like...I don't want to go home. My life is boring. I was like, well my life is boring too then, but I guess I like it. Don't you and your husband enjoy each other and spending time even when doing nothing? She says no. I feel so sorry for her that she picked such a dud of a husband. He spends his life at work and on the couch with his lap top and TV. The don't watch any TV shows together and hardly any movies. I don't think he's ever cooked a thing for her ever or cleaned a thing in the house ever for that matter. She does everything. I was talking about how hubby and I are going to re do our 2nd date next month just for fun. Her and her husband never go on dates. I'd say it's because of the baby but it's not. He just doesn't like to do anything. They are going to go to counseling. I don't know that they will get divorced but they are always going to struggle. He is so not normal but has no clue that he is. They are too different. He's not a bad guy just bad for her. He didn't even bother to get her a wedding ring that she likes. It's ugly and it's gold when she always wore white gold. He snores and my sister can't sleep but he tries to find no solution except he sleeps on the couch-which can't be helping their relationship any. She is definitely not with her soul mate and I don't think she can ever truly be happy with him. She says she hates the house they are renting. It's too small and she feels like they are on top of each other. It's about 1300 square feet and it is small. It's nice though.
She is so childish sometimes and just does not think. That's why she is in a lack luster relationship right now. How can you not do you research before you have a baby? Money was already tight. She says it's so much harder then she thought. I believe it but it's something I knew. That's why I don't think I'm doing it. She said on TV it looked so wonderful and she was always jealous of women who were stay at home mom's and now that she is one she kind of wishes she could go to work. She is just so impulsive. Did she really think having a baby with her bum of a husband was going to make her life magically better? I do feel bad for her because my husband is totally awesome and hers isn't but on the other hand she picked him. I told her that he wasn't the right one for her. He is difficult and so odd that it is going to be hard to make it work. He is short to boot! What did she do? Ran out of state to be with him just to get out of mom's house. She has never been able to support herself financially, and that does bother her. The only time she has lived away from mom's house is when she's been with a man. There was one brief time after her first divorce when she did but she couldn't make it and had to go home. She so deserves better. Someone who will treat her the way that she deserves to be treated. She gives, gives, gives and she seems to get a raw deal because she never picks the right guy. She's so anxious for someone to save her that she will take just about anyone who will have her. She can do so much better.
It's raining cats and dogs out. Hubby and I just finished our 2nd movie for the night. We had Subway for dinner. I managed to stay under 1k for the day. The Lottery Changed My Life is on. I've never watched it because I'm too jealous. I freakin' wish. I can think of plenty of ways winning lots of money will change my life. I entered 4 times per day for me and hubby every single day for the last 45 days or so trying to win the HGTV dream home. Yesterday was the last day and I'm glad it's over! It was a pain in the butt but I had to try. I just have relaxing to look forward to through Monday. I am very much enjoying my 4 day weekend.
My heart goes out to you sister...maybe because I'm like her in some ways... I hope she can begin to see how much she is worth without a man by her side as well. We all are.
ReplyDeleteGirl power!!
You're doing awesome by the way!!
You're doing so, so well! It sounds like you've had a really nice past few days. Glad you got to spend some time with your sister.
ReplyDeleteSorry I haven't been around much.
I relate to you alot in how your relationship with your hubby is. I know that I have met my soul mate, the perfect one for me and it's nice reading someone who has the same experience (and can articulate it well!).
ReplyDeleteI feel really bad for your sister. I know a couple people through work who are in similar situations... one girl in particular who is getting married next month and she has struggled with her relationship so much yet convinced herself it's normal to work super hard at a relationship. It's painful to listen to her stories and not say LEAVE HIM (i don't know her that well). she is 100% miserable and I'd say it's mainly because of him.
~ H
PS. I don't know why but this is one of my fave posts you have written.
That's so sad about your sister. It has to be awful to live an unfulfilling life and now about it and not be able to fix it. She is so lucky to have you for a sister though, because you care so much about her! You are so kind :]
ReplyDeleteAnd you seem to be doing really well even if you are eating 1000 cals a day, and good for you! If you can maintain while eating, that's awesome!
Your sister and I sound alike...on the food and eating front, not the marriage/love life front.
ReplyDelete~MLM
so sad about your sister. it's so important to have that connection with your hubby. i don't know what i'd do with out mine. we do everything together just like you and yours.
ReplyDeleteit's nice that you got to have such a special time with her and your nephew. on top of that you guys got to go out while your wonderful husband baby sat, not too many guys would do that! i bet you two will be the cool Auntie and Uncle he looks up to!
great job on your intakes. you have a very strong will...keep it going :)