Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Plugging Along

Yesterday I did well. I decided to do the egg beaters on only 1 piece of bread instead of two and had an open face instead of regular sandwich. I didn't even miss the extra slice of bread. Wish I'd thought of that a long time ago. I literally added like 2 sprinkles of cheese so I didn't write it.  I'm so bad!  I spent a lot of time at home in front of the TV which can lead to a lot of snacky snacky time but I managed to do OK.

Breakfast:  2 servings Egg Beaters
on toast=110 cals
This Fiber 1 stuff is working out nicely for me.  I did go #2 yesterday!!!  So, there are only 2 days in a row over the last week that I did not go and I went all other days.  This is a major improvement for me.  I was used to skipping 3-4 days or even more.  Wish I had been smart enough to try this before.
Fiber one 1/2 Cup=60 cals
I love these things.  Sour cream and Onion is so good that I don't realize they are FF until the rare occasion where I taste a full fat chip.  The difference is very clear then but for the most part I don't know what I'm missing which is a good thing.  I can eat 28!  Double the chips of a normal serving with 0 fat.  Win, win. 
2 servings FF Pringles=140 cals
My Chili turned out pretty good. I know this because Hubby went back for seconds AND took some for his lunch today.  I kinda wanted a candy cane after dinner but we were snuggled up watching a movie so I didn't feel like getting up and the craving passed.   Total cals for yesterday were 783.
Turkey Chili & small piece of cornbread=473

  It was good to see hubby last night.  He freaking lost his I Phone.  He was pick pocketed at a club.  Since he is already under contract he had to pay $500 for a new one.  OMG!!  What the hell!!???  I hate people.  What good is an I phone going to do someone who steals it?  Nothing.  They can't use the damn thing.  He just bought it about 2 months ago and he just bought one for me last month (at contract prices, $200).  That is about $900 in iPhone's within a few months.  He used the joint checking to pay for it and I told him that we will just write off $250 of it.  He can put $250 back (plus the $300 he used for his deductible) and that's fine as there is extra money in that account to cover it.  I feel bad having him pay a whole $500 because some evil jerk felt like screwing him over.  The joint money is his too anyways.  He had hundreds of dollars in car service and deductible to repair his bumper recently too.  He also bought me a coach purse for X mas which had to be at least a couple hundred.  Poor guy.  And he doesn't ever complain about any of it.  He just pays it does what he has to do and moves on.  I am slowly learning to be more like him.  All the anger and crying and stressing does nothing.   

I had to get up in the middle of the night to pee all weekend and the BM's got better so I don't feel all stuffed up and over retentive.  My body seems to be responding to my diet and exercise although I wish the numbers were going down faster.  It's been pretty slow.  I'm feeling pretty good about my intake.  I haven't been feeling too hungry and aside from 2 days I stuck to my budget all week.  Right now my gym/exercise goal is only 2 X per week.  I'm going tonight.  I can do more of course if I choose to.  My thing is that I don't think I can lead a life where I am a slave to the gym and have to go every day to maintain my weight.  I just can't do it.  I don't want my body to get accustomed to that 'cause I can't keep it up.  I'd rather go an extra day or two if I slip up on diet or to add a different pattern to my body so it will lose more.  This morning I weighed in at 117.5 on the main scale and 116.4 on the extra scale.  They are a whole pound off!  Sometimes they match.  Who knows!  But I might just switch 'em out once I get to my goal weight.  Weekly tally to follow.

5 comments:

  1. That soup looks really good!

    Great job sticking to your goals! And I think you're right that you and I started back to the gym around the same time. We're gonna be lean, mean fightin' machines! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. People should die.
    OK, BAD people should die. I hope you guys get some extremely good karma back...and soon!!

    Wooow, I've never every cooked chili but yours seem fantastic. Your H must be a very very lucky man :)

    FIBER ONE POWER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're doing amazing! you're chili does look good...now i'm hungry :(

    don't know much about iphones but my gosh they are expensive. i could get one but i am technologically at a deficit and think it would just be a waste not getting it's full intended use. sorry that it got stolen...totally sucks!

    i think i'm going to switch from All Bran to Fiber One. They're pretty close but looks like Fiber one might save me 15 cals. and 1 grm extra fiber...yipee! it all adds up as we know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sucks about your hubby's phone. But actually, if a person steals an iphone all they have to do is restore it to factory settings and pop in a new sim card to use it. Or sell it on Ebay for a ridiculous amount of money, especially if they restore it, then jailbreak and unlock it. Not ethical, but totally possible. Did he have insurance on it or report it stolen? I broke my iPhone with in days of getting one and dealing with ATT was such a hassle that I switched. I hate that company now. Until another company carries the iphone I will not buy another.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmm that chili looks delicious! overall your food always looks really yummy! that really sucks about your husband's iPhone, I hope it doesn't hurt the finances too badly :( have you ever tried the FiberOne bars? they advertise them on tv all the time, but I've never tried them. They look delicious and chocolatey! nice job on the maintaining! <3RaeLynn

    ReplyDelete