Do you know I actually did a happy dance after I weighed in Saturday morning after happy hour and was still 117.5? I was dreading it and actually closed my eyes for a few seconds because I was so scared of the number. I was so excited because at happy hour my food intake was exactly as I expected to be but for once the scale was forgiving. I walked in and loaded up on the cheese and tortilla chips as per usual with just a few of the veggies. I had two glasses of wine AND tequila shot adding it into Lose it along the way. In my head I was thinking that it was so unnecessary for me to eat that much cheese. Why can't I just have a serving or two NOT 3 and just savor those bites? It would probably be enough. It's such a work in progress for me. Trial and error. I will resolve to actually be better next time at that happy hour instead of not caring because the scale just might not be so forgiving next time. I ended at 1292 and am proud that I didn't snatch a chicken tender and potato skin off the appetizer plate like I normally would have. Instead I just had a bite of each and no I did not write it down. Not the best or the worst cal wise but I was victorious on the scale. Thank god. My bud uses a calorie tracker app and has a calorie budget two times mine at 1770! OMG! That must be nice. She is slim but not skinny and she does exercise. She can eat that much and still look good. She used to be a lot slimmer and has gained some weight appearance wise at least since I met her but is still a slim girl. Granted, I need to be and am skinnier but look what I have to do? She has a good metabolism. She is lucky.
I had NOTHING I HAD to do Saturday. No cleaning, no errands no nothing. I woke up and went straight to see the family since big sis was going to be there with baby and hubby is out of town. I couldn't see sitting alone at home. It struck me that in my old days my excuse would have been that I don't want to overeat, I don't have money for gas, and just want to be alone. I was so depressed that I took joy in isolating myself and not allowing myself to get out and enjoy things. No more. I may be broke and the idea of staying home so I could just eat salad was tempting but I went and I'm happy that I did. We had a good time. My mom has never tracked calories in her life. She has no idea how many calories are in most things and doesn't even understand how my sister and I are able to figure it all out. Imagine that? To be so incredibly normal and unaffected by food and weight and calories. For one, she is slim enough and so she has never needed too. For two my mom loves food. She also exercises so she just goes about eating normally. I can't even begin to understand what that would be like. Sounds like bliss.
Food wise I ended up at 735 Saturday which is AWESOME!! We did Subway for dinner and I had the willpower to skip the soft serve yogurt I LOVE even though I had calories left because after putting Subway in my belly I knew I couldn't do that as well. My mom told me I was not allowed to eat just the yogurt for dinner so that was that. My sister is desperately trying to lose her baby weight. She was overweight before the baby then she gained A LOT more weight. She has lost 50 pounds so far but is still over 200 lbs!! Her stomach is bigger then it ever has been but she is really determined to lose it. She is using lose it but tracking is still a pain because she can't do it on her phone. She needs to get an iPhone. She LOVES her some food. She goes by net calories only, cares not to be under cals and has a hard time with hunger. She burned about 700 on this ex video so she went for the higher calorie Subway, could not resist the yogurt AND got a donut from the grocery store. I snagged 2 bites! My mom worries about me being too thin. I told her my cholesterol was up and she was surprised too but thinks that it's because my diet is so unbalanced. I forgot to buy the fish oil supplement. Today I am 117.5 on the main scale and 116.8 on the extra scale.
BM schedule for the week is as follows. I started taking the Fiber 1 on Monday and since then have gone Tues, Wed, Saturday. Only two days without going. So far so good. I feel another coming on too!! Today will be a day of relaxing inside the house. I will be catching up on some TV. Hubby comes home tonight and I'm making chili for dinner with Turkey. Lots of protein and fiber!!!
-----------------
Undesirable Number One-The stretching I do is with this stretching machine. You lay on your back and then pull the lever and it cranks your leg up. I can go to the max level and my leg is past 90 degrees. It forces that leg up and holds it and that's really been loosening up my muscles. Then, I go to the mat and do a progression of stretches on each leg that leads up to the splits. I'm at the point now where I hardly need the progressions and can go straight to the splits because my muscles are loosening up. And, you HAVE to be consistent. I did it every day for a week and now every time when I go to the gym. Also, I used to be a gymnast so some of that flexibility is natural. I don't even know how it would be to start from scratch.
A Quiet Battle -Yes, my light ice cream was cookies and cream. LOVE IT! I wanted coffee but they didn't have it. Only 130 cals and 5 grams of fat for 1/2 cup.
Nerisaga-no way my big boobies are 'cause I'm preggo. I know the pill isn't 100% but really, I would die!!
Haha...I can just picture you doing your little *happy dance*. ; ) No, I LITERALLY can because I have done the SAME THING!!! Haha...wow...if "normal" people could see the things we do!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are doing really well with your intake so far this weekend! Great job! Keep it up!
You're doing so well! Congrats! Sounds like you had a good weekend, too.
ReplyDeleteHope your week gets off to a great start!
thanks for the stretching tips! Frickin amazing job on not gaining! Keep it up girl!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a lovely time with your family. Oh, to be 'normal' like you say and have a good body without counting cals...
ReplyDeleteUgh! Human diversity is good but, oh so unfair.
ReplyDeleteIt's a good feeling isn't it, when you know someone who is trying to lose weight but you are the one who's slimmer? I know, I sound horrible, but I kind of like that feeling.
Seems like you had an amazing weekend! :)
Let's have a good start of the new week as well...
And thanks for comment :P
OMG congratulations on 117.5! That's really cool that happy hour didn't show up, because that would've been awful! It was so very nice of you to go and visit your sister and your mom, from what you described you are a lot different from the old isolated you. Tell your sister good luck with her weight loss, I'm sure with you as her sister she'll be wonderful. <3RaeLynn
ReplyDelete