Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Anxious

Thanks for all the encouraging comments about my fear of being in the maintenance zone.  I had this overwhelming fear that if I gain anything at all I would have failed.  When you are in lose, lose mode and that's the only thing you are going for it's kind of hard to switch that up.  Now I realize that fluctuation is likely to happen.  I can go up and then restrict or hit the gym hard and hopefully go back down.  I always have such a huge fear of, "What if I can't do it again?"  So far, somehow someway I have always managed to so I just have to believe that this is ultimately in my control.  That if I work hard enough I can take the lbs off if they come on.  Even when so often my body feels out of control.  My goal was to get to 114 but not exceed 115-116 anyhow so I did kind of give myself room.  On the other hand I am considering pushing for 112.  The thought of it was just exhausting at first but I am seeing how stressed out and anxious I am just with maintenence so I might as well.  I'm already all freaked out about intake as it is anyways.  I just don't want the whole "goal weight" pressure thing so I'm not sure how much I will commit to it.  I'll just play it by ear.

The happy hour on Friday went ok.  I started the day out with a donut at work!  Ha!  They were there and it had been so dang long since I had one and oh, was it ever good.   I ended up well above my calorie budget at about 1,100 for the day but did not gain.  Well, anymore then the .5 that I had already gained but have since lost again.  Saturday I did well.  We went to the gym together and I had mostly snacks all day.  Hubby went to a game that night and it was wonderful that for a whole day I had no food commitment whatsoever.  No, "What's for dinner" waiting for me.  I just snacked on what I wanted and went to bed hungry.

I know I'm going to have a gain tomorrow.  I have already weighed myself a million times today already.  Taking the clothes on and off over and over and trying to do it without hubby noticing so he won't think I'm a freak.  My cals are good for the day but it seems like every time I'd eat something I'd go up .5 and not go down again.  After breakfast it went up and then after a small snack it went up some more.  That's not a good sign.  Then for dinner I had a small serving of a casserole and a beer.  I was way too afraid to weigh in after that.  Cal's were good but I don't think my body is going to take it so well.  I am super, super anxious right now because I am 114 as of this morning but I know it's going to go up.  Also, for the first time since starting Fiber 1 I've gone 3 days without #2.  The last time I went was Thursday.  I'm sad because maybe it's not working anymore and it has been so wonderful being regular for about the last month or so.  I don't want to go back to putting in but feeling like I can't get anything out.

Oh, how I dread weigh in tomorrow.  I've been doing sit ups and leg lifts but I know it's not enough.

5 comments:

  1. ...so don't weigh tomorrow. Give yourself another day :P OH, if our minds were only that simple.

    But really, you've been doing excellent and 112 is not THAT much of a difference from 114, if you feel like it's getting to you, then maybe make it a long term goal, so you don't have to deal with the time hassle. :)

    You're still my inspiration no matter fluctuation or not.(And hey, we all have it :P)
    I hope you have a wonderful Monday and make sure to enjoy whatever you have :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone fluctuates a little bit, and sometimes you don't even see progress (I ate less than 300 calories yesterday, and weigh exactly the same as I did the day before!).

    I hope you figure out your fiber situation. Kiwis might help? I was eating two a day for a while and it made me a little more regular. They're only 46 cals each :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. honey u should really try to just weigh once a day, same time every day or you are litrerally going to drive yourself crazy! I swear, I can eat NOTHING all day and be 2 lbs heavier by night. it doesnt make sense!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. weighing myself is quite an obsession of mine. i do it no less than 3 times a day...crazy we are! most days i flux between zero and three pound sometimes four pounds...oh, the crosses we bear.

    when you reached your goal i was very happy for you but to be honest i was wondering if you would adjust your long term goal weight.

    NOT at all because you should...

    i think you look absolutely amazing. it would be wonderful if that were enough :) for any of us...if we could just see it for ourselves

    hugs,
    Lu

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't weigh yourself so often, you'll drive yourself crazy! any little fluctuation and you'll freak out! I hope that the fiber starts working again. <3RaeLynn

    ReplyDelete