Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

118 [Day 22] It's A New Year

2010 was AWESOME.  I'm not sure any year can top it.  I bought a house, I had a wedding, I got a promotion, I went to Hawaii for my honeymoon and I got happy.  What now?  I just want to continue to be happy.  I have a great marriage and I want to keep it that way.  Aside from my stupid tenant who won't pay rent and yet still has the nerve to put in maintenance requests for crap that is probably her fault, things are going good. 

Some goals.  I won't really call them resolutions. 
  1. I want to be more sexy for my husband.  Initiate sex.  Wear sexy things for him.  For some reason I'm getting back into that mode where sex is just a hassle.  A sometimes sweaty, body fluid ridden, sloppy ordeal.  You have to take a shower and if it's morning sex there is lovely morning breath that goes along with it.  Not that I don't like it.  Once I get started I'm all in and I love the closeness with hubby.  He is good in bed and I have an orgasm just about every time.  I just find that I'm not motivated to do it and I wish that I were.  I want to be.
  2. Community College classes.  If I take 12 units I get a raise.  It's a no brainer.  Why haven't I done it yet?  Because I'm lazy.  They even reimburse us up to a certain amount for books and tuition.  I need to get on the ball and do it.  I need more money.  Badly!!!
  3. Rosetta Stone.  While hubby was away in 09 I took up Spanish.  It was fun and I was getting pretty good.  He came home and I forgot all about it.  I want to start that up again.  I should since I'm not taking any classes yet.  I spend way too much watching TV instead of being productive.
  4. Exercise.  I really need to work on doing this even though I am tired after work and only have weekends that are free.  I gotta make it a priority.
  5. Portion control and restriction.
I won't even put weight loss in there.  That is pretty much always a given.  I'm always trying to either loose or maintain.  I am getting better at controlling my urges to overeat in social and dining out settings which is key.

I gained. I won't beat myself up over it because I actually did well on NYE. Around 1300. Not bad. It was controlled eating and snacking and way better then I would have done in the past. Other then that I've stayed at 900 or below and I went to the gym 4 times in one week which is huge for me. So, I will just move forward. It's only 1/2 pound and 118 is better then 120 for starting out the New Year (I was 117.8 on the "extra scale".  I do find it pretty pathetic that in 22 days I ONLY managed to loose 2 lbs!!!!

Saturday was awesome. I only ate cheese as a snack and by the time dinner rolled around I still had just about my whole day's worth of calories to eat. I think I'm over my PBJ thing.  It's been what 2 years now?  The cal's just aren't worth it for me so thank god I'm not craving them so much.  It was a childhood fav of mine that I denied myself for years and all it took was letting myself eating them for 2 years for me to get over it.  Yesterday for breakfast I had a hard boiled egg and two pieces of toast w/jelly.  I'm still getting dreaded carbs but the cal's are way lower.  This week I will have a low fat pop tart at work.  I got Fiber 1 cereal which is 60 cals and a whopping 14 grams of fiber for 1/2 cup!!  The price wasn't bad either.  I'll be eating it dry alone or in my yogurt.  I'm hoping it will help with those bowels. 

I can't believe I'm back at work. I was in shock that I actually had to come back for some odd reason. I hope I haven't forgotten everything I crammed into my head at this new job over the break. Life is so much better when you don't have to work. I am so unstressed and relaxed. I have time to do what I need to do and I feel energized.  I need to to pay bills so I'm glad I'm not unemployed but I wish I didn't HAVE to work. Why can't I just be rich??

4 comments:

  1. I hope my 2011 is as good as your 2010!

    Your new years resolutions all sound achievable, good luck.

    I hear you about the going-back-to-work-shock. I have today off and then its back to the old routine:(

    ~ Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Why can't I just be rich?"

    LOL I ask myself that same question every day! And I thought I was the only one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know - everyone should've been born *at least* a millionaire.
    Hey 22 days and 2 pounds is still a loss!
    Think of all the people who struggle and really, literally get no where.

    You can do it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey there! RaeLynn here! I started following you a while ago, but I never got around to reading your blog and commenting because I like to read my blogs through starting a couple months back, sorta to get a feel for it! haha you can ignore all of my crazy comments! if you want, you can follow me back at http://lightfootstrongheart.blogspot.com/ stay strong, <3RaeLynn

    ReplyDelete