Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

117.5 [Day 18] I Love Winter Break

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your wonderful comments on my pics!!  Lately I've just been feeling FAT!!  Ditching 120 made me feel better but regardless of the number I'm not sure if I will ever feel thin enough.  What can I say, I'm obsessed.  But hearing nice things from the likes of you ladies sure helps!!

Today was awesome in terms of staying active and distracted so as to stay away from food.  I got up at 8:30 am and went straight to the gym.  I did an hour yoga class then busted out 1 mile on the treadmill.  Just walking so I only burned 100 cals but that was all I was going for.  After that I went home and immediately started cleaning house.  It took 3 hours!  Is it ridiculous that it takes me that long to clean my house from top to bottom?  This includes blind dusting, furniture dusting, vacuuming, washing rugs, mop floors, and bathroom cleaning (we have 2 1/2 bathrooms but only our master bath needs a heavy cleaning).  In my studio it only take 1 1/2 hours max.  The only thing I have left to do is the shower-lately I never can seem to find the strength to do it the same day after 3 hours of cleaning-and polish up our stainless steel in the kitchen.  My body is so beat!!  But it feels so good to have been so active.  And I love it when my house is clean.  Hubby just got home and I told him he MUST put his laundry away and clean out the upstairs room instead of just hiding all the junk in the closet.  He hasn't messed up his desk since the last time I asked him to clean it so that's done.  Those are basically his only chores and I usually have to ask him to do them.  He's like my bad little boy!

I weighed myself right before I hopped in the shower.  After the gym, cleaning, and no food the main scale said 117 and the extra scale said I was 116.4!!  Awesome!  I know those weights won't stick once I actually eat but the fact that it got there at all means I must be making progress.  I actually was 117.5 on the main scale and 117.4 on the extra one this morning.  Then I went back to the first scale again and it said 118!!  I'm almost scared to document this 117.5 because I'm not sure if it's real or not.  I think at some point I am going to move the 1st scale into the 2nd bathroom and make the extra scale my primary one.  I have sort of an attachment to the main one because it's the one I've always used but it's so screwy and it pisses me off.  I didn't sit down until about 3pm and when I did I only ate pretzels and some cheese.

I've been absolutely loving this winter break.  I have time to clean, do my errands and relax.  Going to the gym is actually enjoyable when I have the time and I'm glad that I have used this break to get in there and get moving.  I fear that I will fall into my old habits once I go back to work but I am going to make an effort to at least aim for once a week at the gym.  That's pretty pathetic but it's just so hard when 40 hours of my week is taken up by work.

Tonight I'm eating some left overs.  I've felt so bad watching hubby get up and go to work while I've been able to stay in bed.  But this time last year he was off from November until January so I've definitely been in his shoes.  Hubby is finally off work starting tomorrow so we will probably stay up late and watch a movie. 

Tomorrow is the last holiday food event of the year.  We'll be spending NYE at hubby's friends house.  It's a Soul Food potluck.  Hubby is making yams to bring...which I do not like at all.  I'm not that crazy about soul food...except I can't resist homemade Mac & Cheese and I do love greens but they have very few cal's.  I should be OK.  I know I'm going to want to drink!  Uggg!!  I may not have made much progress but I sure have worked hard for it and I do not want to ruin it.

6 comments:

  1. I hate that feeling of "no amount of weightloss is going to be enough." Frustrating. But such is the nature of the disorder, I suppose.

    Glad you're enjoying your time off. Hope you have a fabulous New Year's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sounds like you're doing so good! that's inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! It's New Years Eve - Drink up!! :D
    I just want one night where I don't have to count the calories in drinks...and that is TONIGHT.

    You have done so so so well!! And it's amazing to see and read about how your numbers on the scale drop. It inspires me and makes me want to try harder too. :D

    But tonight...we deserve the best!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New years...
    hate screwy scales I tend to throw them out the window when they misbehave..

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be great working at university/college and getting all the breaks that the students do! I have a friend that works at one and I always get jealous when she's off for breaks like that! Glad your using the time to take care of yourself though...you're worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your doing really well. I'm the same as you I find it really hard to exercise on top of working 40 hours a week.

    ReplyDelete