Anonymous-I appreciate the honest feedback about my carb intake. I do eat a lot of 'em. I keep my cals within a certain limit but a lot of those cals are carbs. I do eat sandwiches, candy, pasta and bread but generally keep the serving sizes reasonable. I've always known they are bad but thus far have managed to maintain an acceptable weight without totally giving them up. I limit my cals so I lwant what I want...makes me feel less deprived. But I have to realize I'm not a natural skinnie minnie. It takes work. My only issue with the argument that my carb intake is what is hurting my weight loss is that quite often I change nothing and all of a sudden the numbers start to go down. That's what is so confusing. A month and a half ago doing exactly the same thing I am now I was down in the 115's. Why then and not now? It certainly wouldn't hurt to test out the carb theory though. When I get desperate enough and angry enough about my weight maybe I will. Regarding incorrect calorie counts on packaging, I hadn't heard about that but what choice do I have but to use them as a guide? It really sucks if foods are actually higher then indicated and I'm eating more then I think I am. I can't just make it up so wrong or not I and everyone else in the world is stuck with the counts written on the packaging and that's all I can use to tally it up.
A Quiet Battle-Yes, my hubby is a really good man. He gets on my last nerve sometimes with his messy ways but other then that he is just perfect for me and I feel so lucky to have him.
Elara-Thanks for the fiber tip of sugar free lemonade powder by Metamucil. I have Metamucil fiber pills and they didn't seem to work for me or maybe I didn't give it a chance. You had to take like 5 at a time. I seriously need to come up with something that works for me and soon.
K-What job do you do? I work in an office at a college. Before the promotion I was a "clerical assistant" which is basically an office assistant. I used to organize food and reserve rooms for meetings. Clean up after meetings and order supplies. I'd make copies, or do whatever else the person I reported to needed. "Work on this, make 10 copies of that." I used to cringe inside every time I was asked to do something because I hated being a gopher and I hated being on the lowest pay rung in the office. I went to college for this? She is nice but I hated being in this position where I was the one who had to do things because she told me so. The person I reported to was my exact age. She is just like me. Only she has two kids...a Master's degree, a huge house in the rich part of town and an actual career. I felt like such a loser having that clerical assistant title. I used to be embarrassed to say what I did for work and ashamed that I made so little money. I never let my work come up in any conversation because I didn't want to try to come up with a way to say what I do vaguely without feeling like a total looser. Always said with a smile on my face and an ache in my heart. I just did not feel good about it. I now review curriculum. Of course I still report to someone but it feels like more of a team effort rather then someone being "superior" to me ina job that exists only in order to serve someone else. Having a more focused job where I am no one's assistant and the pay raise that went along with it is a huge boost to my confidence. My hubby said, "Now you finally have a real job." I was like thanks a lot. He didn't mean to hurt my feelings. He apologized and I kinda did agree but jeez!!
Kelly-It's awesome that you have a career goal in mind and your comment totally makes sense. If you hate your job you have to find something else. If you like your job even if it isn't any type of special career then it's a lot easier to find some sort of contentment with where you are at and just BE. When I've hated my jobs is when I was racking my brain trying to figure out what else I could do. Being that I had no desire to go back to school and no ambition it was a really tough place to be. Right now my job is nothing special but I like it. I still make way less then what I did in the hated job when I left 3 years ago but over the last 3 years my pay has increased with yearly raises and the promotion will help. It was so tough at first but now I'm able to make it work. The benefits and holiday time are such that I can't see myself going anywhere else and if I did there is no way I'd ever get my salary matched.
------------------------------------------------------------
I came home in a rotten mood. I had to do an errand so I didn't get home until 6:30pm and I get so moody when I feel like my precious time has been stolen away. I came home and when hubby asked what I wanted for dinner I said, "nothing." I like to just let him eat all the left overs. He's the one who can actually afford to eat normally. This means he has food so I don't feel guilty about not cooking or feel bad that he has nothing to eat. It also means that I don't really have to participate in dinner.
Today's Eats: [950]
- Breakfast: PBJ (240), Coffee (50)
- Lunch: Fiber Cereal-dry (90), Yoplait (100)
- Snack: RF Wheat Thins (130)
- Dinner: FF Pringles (140), String Cheese (80), Apple (50)
- Snack: Candy Cane (70)
No comments:
Post a Comment