Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

119.0: Calorie Calculator B.S.

Those calorie needs guides are B.S. if you asked me.  What a joke.  If I ate the amount of calories they say I can I'd be obese.  I am eating less then what will supposedly cause me to loose and I still gain.  I am totally and completely hopeless.  Either I am retaining water like there is no tomorrow or my metabolism is totally screwed.

Female Calorie Calculator
Current Weight:  119
Desired Weight:  115
Height:  5'7"

You need 1867.8 calories per day to maintain your current weight without exercise.
You need 1850.7 calories per day to reach your goal weight slowly and maintain that weight without exercise.
If you reduce your current caloric intake to 1367.8 calories per day you will lose one pound per week without exercise.
If you increase your current caloric intake to 2367.8 calories per day, you will gain one pound per week.

I freakin' wish I could eat all those calories and maintain.  Whatever.  I went out and bought some high fiber cereal.  It'll be one of my daily snacks in 1/2 cup servings.  Still haven't pooped and can't remember when the last time was.  I spent most of today on the couch.  Later on we decorated the tree.  It looks so pretty.  Hubby made another awesome dinner.  I'm certain I didn't loose a single pound.  I'm just hoping not to gain at this point.  I was in the 115's before my honeymoon in October.  I knew that vacation eating would ruin that.  I got down to the 117's since being back but now it's just all gone to hell.  Sigh.

Yesterdays' Eats: [830]
  • Breakfast:  Spinach, Cheese, Bacon Omelet-Egg Whites (400), Coffee (80)
  • Snack:  Popcorn (150), red vines (200)
Today's Eats:  [1028]
  • Breakfast:  Cinnamon Biscuits  (450)
  • Snack:  Candy (100), Fiber Cereal (90)
  • Dinner:  Spaghetti (288), Bread (100)

5 comments:

  1. I always feel like the numbers those calorie counters give me a bullshit, too.

    You should post pics of your pretty tree!

    Your husband sounds like a good man. : ) Don't seem to be many of them around anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Metamucil makes a sugar free lemonade powder I swear by if the new cereal doesn't work out. It was either senna or aspartame, and at least M added potassium.

    Don't fret too much. You've gotten down before, you'll get there again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Calorie counters are such bullshit - I'm convinced!

    I don't lose weight unless I'm eating like, less than 300 a day. My BMR is 1300ish so really I should be ok on 800.

    Ha.

    As if!

    Glad you enjoyed decorating the tree! I can't wait to get mine!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. honestly i think its that we are so screwed up from doing this forever that it takes drastic measures to see results. I track my calorie intake every day... and so I know what my deficit is at the end of the month and how much I should have lost... have I lost....? NOT A POUND

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still think it's some of what you are eating. You take in a shit ton of carbs in a day. If you eat too many, you won't lose. The sugar will turn to fat. Bread, pasta, candy, crackers...BAD for losing weight! I know you like them but see what it would be like cutting them out for a while. Drink a lot of water as well. If you are retaining, it will flush it out after a few days. Lastly, are you 100% sure on the cals you are eating? Could you be having more? When you look on the back of a package and it tells you x cals it's not right. It was all over the news not long ago. So while 10 crackers should be 3 oz and x cals, it could really be 7 crackers at that will be the true number.

    ReplyDelete