I've never been so happy to maintain at such an ungodly weight. But at this point it's better then a gain which seems to be my trend as of late. I get comments that I can't gain off of 1,000 cals but I swear if anyone can do that it's me. My body seems to be a one way street these days. Stuff goes in and then hardly anything comes out. I am just holding onto everything making it difficult not to gain.
I remember when the work pants I'm wearing used to hang off of me. My body must be changing and so it is imperative that I reverse this horrible trend and SOON! I'm back to work so ideally, I'll be getting back on track with just the usual work snacks and a very small-don't get to full-dinner and then go to bed hungry. It's the only way. Lately, I am always looking for something to stave off hunger and keep my mouth busy. I also have a bad habit of wanting to munch on things while I read and watch TV. Terrible, terrible habit. I need to learn again to just drink water and just let that stomach growl while reading and watching TV instead.
And the gym. The ever present gym. I just found out that I can in fact go to the new gym down the street from my house so I really should take advantage of that and get back to doing some Yoga classes and hitting up the treadmill. It's just so damn hard for me!! By the time I get off work I am usually tired. Going to to the gym means that I get to the gym around 5:30pm and can get home by 7pm if I just run on the treadmill. If I decide to do a 6:30 yoga class I don't get home until close to 8pm. That's a hell of a long day. As it is I only have about 4 1/2 hours of "free" time after work before bedtime. That's nothing! A yoga class cuts it down to 2. I'd come home take a shower and go to bed and wake up and do it all over again. I've been choosing not to use any of those precious hours for the gym because I value that free time at home so much. I don't ever make excuses for not going to the gym by saying I don't have enough time. Technically, I do I've just choose not to use it for going to the gym. Ever since my work schedule went from 7-3:30 to 8-5 the gym went out the window. I had NO PROBLEM going to the gym before. I could still be in the house and in the shower by 5pm with the rest of my night to chill. This schedule change was really the nail in the coffin for me and the gym. That change was almost 2 years ago and I never adjusted. Sadly, my schedule will never be 7-3:30pm or even 4pm again. Not at this job. I just got a promotion and I like this job so I'm not going anywhere.
can you go to the gym in the morning? i know it sucks, but it makes the day so much better
ReplyDelete