I complain about hubby and how he just can't seem to put anything away but he is such a sweetheart. I love him so much. I couldn't find my keys and he came all the way home to get me so I could to work. I was looking for about 45 minutes. I found them the minute he pulled up and he wasn't even mad. We live a good 14 miles from work-which takes about 20-25 minutes with light traffic. I was late of course but thank goodness I found them since I don't have a spare. Last night when I went upstairs to watch TV and he stayed downstairs I actually missed him. We usually watch TV together until bedtime but I wanted to watch something else. When we went to bed that night It felt so nice to have him wrap his arms around me. I know I tend to be OCD and over react and let things get to me. He really is the most awesome hubby though. If not putting things away is the worse he does then I really should consider myself lucky for the most part. I am trying my best not to nag him. Some guys hate their wives because they nag them to death. I will say that half the time the nagging is warranted. Men just don't have it together for the most part! We wouldn't nag them if they were doing stuff right. But still. He is who he is. I have to pick my battles. I have to still be respectful-even if I am telling him that he needs to get off the couch in his stinky gym shorts. Sometimes I am just in awe that he loves me even though I can get all anal and bitchy sometimes. Even despite all of my flaws. This man loves me. It's just overwhelming sometimes. In a good way.
So, I am up 1/2 pound from my most recent low. It's OK. I will just keep plugging away. My dinner serving was too big last night. I need to just have one scoop. Literally. One lonely scoop in the middle of the plate. That's what I'll do tonight. We were going to exercise but I was also supposed to cook. I don't get home until 5:30pm and didn't get dinner into the oven until about 6:45pm so we just said forget it. There are only so many hours left after damn work. We'll do legs today and we already have something ready for dinner. I am already working on loosing but I have in the back of my head that October 1st is when I am really going to push. Hard. For some reason I like round numbers and days like the 10th. Sunday. The 1st. January. Somehow it gives me some mental image of a fresh clean start. That same mentality is what gets people to say they will start their diet tomorrow or next week! But I am already there. I'm working on it.
Yesterday's Eats: [860]
- Breakfast: PBJ (240), Coffee (50)
- Snack: RF Cheese It's (150)
- Dinner: Tuna Casserole (320)
- Snack: Pecan Twirl (100)
I know how you feel about not believing that your husband loves you! I can be such a raging bitch...I mean really...and he just takes it. Sometimes I will go to far and he will yell back, but usually he doesn't. I feel bad all the time b/c I'm such a bitch and lose my temper too easily. I can't believe that he would love such an unstable person, but I'm glad he does. I don't know what I'd do without him.
ReplyDeleteBut my biggest pet peeve about him is that he hardly ever listens to anything I tell him...grrr...but like you said, if that's the worst thing about him that I can think of, then I've got it really good!
I do the same thing! I've taken a different attitude towards it now, I've tried to stop fighting compliments and questioning love because even if I do not feel it towards myself I have no right to negate his feelings. Not sure if that makes sense, sorry.
ReplyDelete& I agree most of the nagging is warranted but its not worth fighting/ making each other feel bad over. I've found letting him face the consequences to be more effective (not having room in the bin because he didn't take it out etc) just gotta pick your battles I guess!
Stay strong, keep going! xxx
sounds like you and your hubby have a sweet relationship :)
ReplyDelete1/2 a pound isn't bad at all, i'm sure you'll have no problems dropping it! good luck!
xoxo
You are so awesome, and are very lucky to have a husband like that. Cherish him.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your comments... it is so hard trying to rationalize all these things in my head, and it helps to hear an outside perspective. I still don't know where I stand with my husband, but the day's coming soon when I'll have to decide, and awesome people like you help make it seem a little less daunting.
Take care, xox