Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sisters & Best Friends

Yesterday's Eats: [1030]

  • Breakfast: PBJ (240), Coffee (50)
  • Snack: RF Wheat Thins (150)
  • Dinner: RF Crackers-7 & Fresh Mozzarella (200), RF Pringles (140), Olives (150)
  • Snack: Pecan Twirl (100)
Yesterday at work I was really busy which was good. For once the day went by fast. Whoa! It's funny how sometimes it doesn't seem like you are eating that much until you tally it all up. That's why although I am not as fanatic as I used to be about tracking cals in my planner ever single day it's a really good idea for me to write it out. Especially now that my skinnie minnie days seem to be coming to a halt.

I'm holding on at 118.5 right now but by a thread. I did manage to wake up at 118.5 the day after the picnic which I was sooooooo happy about and almost surprised because I ate a tiny street taco (on top of the picnic food) and drank lots of water later on that day. Sunday was a snack day.  I had a PBJ, Microwave popcorn, string cheese, and some cookies.  Hubby left but came back hours later unexpectedly because he forgot something.  He'd already eaten on the road so I snacked on some more popcorn with him while we watched a movie and that was it.  He hit the road early Monday morning and won't be back until Saturday or Sunday.

When I got home from work yesterday I was shaky and hungry and 118. If I hadn't eaten AT ALL then I might have dropped but instead I maintained. Shoulda starved huh? Oh well.  Next time we go grocery shopping I will be stocking up on fruits and veggies that's for sure.  So, I will have some healthier snacks to stave off my hunger.

My nephew is going to be born today so I am waiting for updates on that. This is so exciting! Her life will never be the same again.  I don't think I want a kiddo myself but it's so amazing that my big sister is doing this. She is finally doing something first and it does feel kind of weird. It's a bit of a role reversal this time around. She is 5 years older but it seems like I have always somehow managed to surpass her in certain ways. She has struggled a lot in just getting her life together. I went to college she didn't. Not that it's lead to a career for me but I have always manged to find jobs that I could support myself on whereas she hasn't.  I moved out of the house before she did. I got married before she did. Both of those had to have been really hard for her. She hated being at home but she just couldn't make it on her own. She had a lot debt and never seemed to make enough money.  Then she finally got married and then got divorced. She went back home after her divorce but I didn't after mine.  I toughed it out and bought my own place. A teeny tiny studio condo that most people in their right mind would never buy but still. I had an actual wedding and she didn't. My first marriage was a mini wedding and then this second one of course was the full shebang. Her first was at some store front chapel in our town and her second was a mini wedding in Vegas. When I got married the first time she was single and alone and then when she got married her second time it was me post divorce who was sad and lonely.  Now, we both have our men and are married again.  I have always been the sensible organized one that has my stuff together and she just hasn't.  I've always had two things she's tried very hard to get but has never been able to.  Longer hair and a thinner body.  I may have been the model but even so, to me she has always been the pretty one.  She has gorgeous eyes and glowing skin but has struggled with her mid section a lot. If she were skinny-she would have been unstoppable that's for sure.  In the husband category mine wins hands down. Mine is so cute.  I am not just being biased.  He really is.  It's obvious that he is an attractive guy to others too.  He is active and hers is not really and he's short. My husband is so easy going and just all around great.  Hers is difficult, lazy, snores LOUD, has no friends and doesn't want to do anything.  He is also really weird. He has some odd skewed perception of the world and therefore makes no sense most of the time. I mostly can't stand him but I have gotten to the point where I can tolerate him. He means well. He is just.....different. He doesn't think like other people and it's really annoying to communicate with him.  I just think my beautiful sweet sister could have done so much better. She practically had to chase him across the US and for what?  He didn't even want her to come at first.  She gave up her family and has missed out on so much for him.  Then they went out there and bought this old dump of a house.  Ok, so it's not a total dump but jeez.  But in the end she got her man now she is getting her baby and I am happy for her. She gets to be a stay at home mom like she's been dreaming about for years. She is going to be living the quintessential military wife life that she always wanted.

No matter what there has never been any rivalry or jealousy between us.  We have always been so close and we just want each other to be happy.  We are sisters and best friends.

2 comments:

  1. I never had a rivalry with my sister either, but then again she's 8 years younger than me. If we were closer in age, it might have been different, but I'd like to think not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job maintaining after the picnic!

    ReplyDelete