Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Taco Bell Diet

There is this R&B and jazz concert going on in a few weeks at a winery. I'd love to go. It would be something different and fun for hubby and I to do. We could even stay the night at the winery and go wine tasting. Then I saw the ticket prices are $70 and the room price is $219 per night and that was the nail in the coffin on that fabulous idea. Bummer. One of my trial pair of contacts tore. I do have more (of the thicker more uncomfortable ones I don't like) because I wear them way longer then I should but I still owe $90 to get my next supply and I can't afford to do it right now. I probably can't afford to do it until June actually. I just did my budget for May and it's not pretty. I'll be spending about $400 in gifts for sister, hubby and mom's day leaving me very little for extras and gas.

I ate Taco Bell last night. For some reason Taco Bell has always been my friend when it came to eating and weight loss. I used to eat it and without fail either drop or maintain. I could get my belly satisfied with something that tastes good and feels indulgent yet it's as if I never ate it when I step on the scale. Like magic. I can have 2 crunchy tacos and 1 soft taco, it's yummy and satisfies me but is not too filling. I don't feel full or even stuffed afterwards and sometimes my stomach will even growl a little because it's just not that filling. . Once I discovered that Taco Bell was something I could actually eat without consequence I started getting it pretty regularly while hubby was gone. Even better is that it's cheap. It's been awhile since I had it-not since November. I don't know why this has worked for me in the past but I was definitely glad to know that there was something out there that could make me feel like I was having my cake and eating it too.

When hubby said he felt like Mexican I suggested that instead of the usual Santana's which has freakin' delicious carne asada tacos but is way more heavy authentic Mexican food. I had him get me the 3 tacos all the while hating myself for being so greedy. I was still morning weight and after eating the tacos I went up a pound then started hating myself even more for actually thinking I could eat. I even had a beer with it! I didn't think there was any way I'd be able to loose 1 lb overnight because normally I can only manage 1/2 but thank goodness I did. Taco Bell is really my friend! Granted, I could have probably lost instead of just maintained if I hadn't eaten all that but I'll take it.

I ate a bagel for breakfast. Today I am going to walk. Then hubby and I are going out. I need to remember this gift of maintaining and exercise on top of it. I even feel a dump coming on. I need to not blow it. Easier said then done.

2 comments:

  1. Aww... it sounds like you really need a break. Have you tried listening to some of the R&B/Jazz radio stations in your area? Maybe you can win tickets in a contest; just call in when they say to and keep pressing redial! It could happen. Either way, you two deserve (especially you) to enjoy life a little.

    Funny you mention Taco Bell. I binged on some volcano tacos on Friday; too bad my body's not like yours! I don't lose when I binge... lucky you! At least you have some way to escape, even if it is food.

    Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, I don't even consider 3 taco bell tacos it a binge. Just a good meal. That probably really makes me a pig but I guess a binge is different for everyone.

    ReplyDelete